Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Why the **** would you even entertain the idea of moving Walsh. He is going to be the best fullback in the world for the next 10 years on his current trajectory. (something we haven't had on our books in a very long time)
Dunno, maybe in the future Cobbo wants to play fullback and Walsh is cool with shifting to 6 to accommodate it. I believe Walsh could be similar to Cody Walker at 6.

Why the **** would you even entertain the idea of moving Walsh. He is going to be the best fullback in the world for the next 10 years on his current trajectory. (something we haven't had on our books in a very long time)
They said the same about lockyer. But I agree with you completely wtf would we move Walsh, I'm sure he would be a good half but it just doesn't make any sense to shift him anywhere. Maybe when he loses some pace he might be right to shift into the halves. Should be 10 years away surely

People have this need to fix what isn't broken.

At the back end of his career when he's slowing down, that's when you start to entertain the idea of moving him to 6. Until then, it's fullback and only fullback.

People have this need to fix what isn't broken.

At the back end of his career when he's slowing down, that's when you start to entertain the idea of moving him to 6. Until then, it's fullback and only fullback.
I like Cobbo! I can imagine another club poaching him to play fullback. It would depend on what Walsh and Cobbo want really rather than if it would work.

I like Cobbo! I can imagine another club poaching him to play fullback. It would depend on what Walsh and Cobbo want really rather than if it would work.
I too like Cobbo. I'm fairly certain he is going to carve up at centre after he gets used to it though. He's going to be a freaking handful with his strong fend and evasion. Oof. Can't wait.

I worry about cobbo being at centre. Arthars to me is safer.

No comment.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 01 24 at 19 08 37 Broncos bombshell TPJs secret NRL comeback after reti

How much is he paying us?

It's all been said already, but he'd have to be extraordinarily cheap to even consider this.

If Cobbo wants to go because Walsh is in his way, he can go.

Walsh is the superior fullback and Mam is not a halfback.
ScreenScreenshot 2024 01 24 at 19 26 57 Ezra Mam

If tpj could just run hard and tackle hard he would be a regular origin candidate. It's all this offload shit he needs to get out of his game.

I’d be worried if the dally m 6 of the year at 20 didn’t have a superior enough skill set at 16 to be a halfback.
He's said multiple times he'd like to transition into halfback when Reyno leaves, and Walters hasn't shut it down, but he's not rushing him into the role.

For example, in April last year:

Walters:

“I certainly think Ezra can play seven. Right now, he is mastering the No.6 jumper. One of the things we are always working on with Ezra is his talk. He can go a bit quiet out on the field when he gets a bit tired or things aren’t quite going his way, so we are working hard on his communication with the spine and with those around him. But Ezra has come a long way over the past 12 months. He brings good energy and while attack comes naturally to Ezra, I really like what he has brought in defence this season.”​

Ezra:

"I would love to become a ‘seven’ here. I still have to develop my game management, but I am learning from ‘Reyno’ every week and he has been a great mentor for me. Right now, while Adam is there, obviously I’m enjoying five-eighth and he is making my job easy as a six. But eventually, I would like to steer the team around as I get older. As a kid, I played fullback or lock until I got to under-15s and everyone started running over me, so I decided to become a ball-player. It’s been a great learning curve at six alongside Reyno, but eventually I want to turn into a halfback.”​
“Last year, Reyno took good care of me, but this year he is letting me play footy. He said, ‘If you see anything, just take it’, so he is there to steer the ship around, but also lets me have some freedom with ‘Walshy’ to play what we see. I hold the Broncos’ history of great playmakers close to me and use that as a bit of motivation for myself to go out and play good footy. The people who have worn the No.6 jersey and the success that they have had, I want to keep that success rolling for myself and the team. It’s definitely good having the six jersey at the moment.”​
“Walshy and I are just trying to build our own connection. We are trying to be our own players and if we form a good connection, hopefully we can turn out as good as Bowen and Thurston did. Reece and myself have a good combination. We have the ability to switch roles. Sometimes he will step up and be the ball-player and I can go to the back. We have the freedom to pop up where we want and that has worked well.”​

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ettybay
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • Tim K
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • kman
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • mitch222
  • NSW stables
  • Santa
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.