Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Any comeback to the Broncos for TPJ is reportedly over.

Signing Gosiewski has pretty much closed the door on a potential return.

He's going to hang up the gloves to show he's serious about a comeback to the NRL and his management have reached out to Melbourne.
Contract speculation just before his "last fight"..... what a coincidence!

This is like Dave Taylor all over again. Everyone thought they could fix him and unlock his potential. Everyone failed.
The coaching staff and trainers we have available at our club are amazing and I would definitely put faith in them to achieve exactly what's needed.

I actually wouldn't mind investigating Ilias tbh. Freely admit that this is more of a **** you to the Bunnies than anything else...not sure I could handle Bwaith being connected to the club in any way though.

That said, I'm not too sure where he'd fit. Madden is in the box seat atm and we've got a few coming through. I think he may end up at the Dogs personally. Or maybe a Keary replacement for next year at the Chooks.

I actually wouldn't mind investigating Ilias tbh. Freely admit that this is more of a **** you to the Bunnies than anything else...not sure I could handle Bwaith being connected to the club in any way though.

That said, I'm not too sure where he'd fit. Madden is in the box seat atm and we've got a few coming through. I think he may end up at the Dogs personally. Or maybe a Keary replacement for next year at the Chooks.

I reckon he ends up at the Roosters too, he’s the only half available with any reputation.

I hope we go for Sexton

Probably the only positive of Reynolds injury is that it will give Kevvie a really good look at Madden. by the end of 12 weeks, i have no doubt he'll know whether Madden has what it takes to succeed Reynolds as our halfback or if he needs to start looking in another direction. that direction could well be Illias

With regards to the Walsh article. If he stays in Brisbane he could write his own cheques with 3rd party deals. Yes, he’s popular in Sydney too, but it wouldn’t be anything compared to here as a QLDer. He’s mad if he goes anywhere else.

True but we need to be responsible salary cap wise too. Walsh will likely be a hall of famer but he is nowhere near the finished product yet, we can't throw an open chequebook at him and remain competitive - look at Newcastle.

True but we need to be responsible salary cap wise too. Walsh will likely be a hall of famer but he is nowhere near the finished product yet, we can't throw an open chequebook at him and remain competitive - look at Newcastle.
100% agree. That’s why I mentionedTPA - take less on the salary but earn WAY more with third party stuff.

At least for once they've quoted someone from the club ... i'll post this quote in it's entirety.

Dave Donaghy: “We’re doing everything we can to retain Reece,” end of quote

we don't leak anymore, so that's all they would have been able to get from us ... Rothfield is either doing the bidding of Walsh's agent, or the Sydney clubs by trying to scare us into upping our offer.

I’m not even prepared to consider thinking about Reece Walsh not staying at the Broncos. I’d be giving him a 6 year deal worth $7 million but I’d really like him to stay for less to make sure he gets to win premierships.

Severely doubt Walsh leaves the club (especially when you factor in an immediate upgrade that no other club can offer and QLD TPAs) after some of his best mates took unders to stay. A bit of concern trolling for Brisbane clicks from old Buzz, most likely.

With Reece being so marketable, i can see some big offers from Sydney. The big stumbling block with Reece wont be money, he will get huge offers everywhere, its going to be family. If he can get a deal that sets up his daughter financially, i think thats where he will go. If we are in the ballpark of every other offer, he's staying here.

I do wonder how much to read into that article bringing up the marquee player allowance again.

At least for once they've quoted someone from the club ... i'll post this quote in it's entirety.

Dave Donaghy: “We’re doing everything we can to retain Reece,” end of quote

we don't leak anymore, so that's all they would have been able to get from us ... Rothfield is either doing the bidding of Walsh's agent, or the Sydney clubs by trying to scare us into upping our offer.
Buzz seems to be a mouthpiece for Uncle Nick nowadays (numerous articles about them being well under the cap, etc.)... so every chance he's talking on behalf of Nick to raise Reece's value and make it harder for us to retain other players like, Staggs, Cobbo and Willison.

I'd say Reece's manager is also putting out the $1.4m to put pressure on the broncos. If his manager is saying $1.4m and broncos are going $1.1m then it will probably fall somewhere in between.. maybe $1.2m is where we are heading.

With Reece being so marketable, i can see some big offers from Sydney. The big stumbling block with Reece wont be money, he will get huge offers everywhere, its going to be family. If he can get a deal that sets up his daughter financially, i think thats where he will go. If we are in the ballpark of every other offer, he's staying here.

I do wonder how much to read into that article bringing up the marquee player allowance again.

is that even still a thing ... and wasn't it only something like 200k per club?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.