Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Piakura and Riki in contention for the worst edge backrow pairing in the comp. Not gonna win a premiership this year with them there. Capewell was a bigger loss than it seemed. Would like to see us recruit some better depth there. Jack Gos and Jaiyden Hunt are not good depth. Arguably both are a waste of space.

There ya go, there's where I think Broncos could improve.

Of course, we should also release Staggs, save some cap and shift Mariner to centre.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Piakura and Riki in contention for the worst edge backrow pairing in the comp. Not gonna win a premiership this year with them there. Capewell was a bigger loss than it seemed. Would like to see us recruit some better depth there. Jack Gos and Jaiyden Hunt are not good depth. Arguably both are a waste of space.

Of course, we should also release Staggs, save some cap and shift Mariner to centre.

I agree, we need Rhys Martin.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013

Capewell has been dreadful for the warriors when he's played and he's now injured. I think the club was in the right letting him go lol

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Who would you recommend @upthebroncs
Based on who is off contract at end of the year..

I wouldn't mind Klese Haas joining his brother in the squad.

I also rate Jacob Alick.

Jaydn Su'a has had a good year and is still young, at the right price he'd be decent.

The player I'd most want to sign is Trey Mooney, he could play anywhere in the forwards. I would pay overs to get him.

Another player that would come cheap that I wish never left NRL is Elie El-Zakhem.

I could keep going but these are some of my options off the top of my head.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Capewell has been dreadful for the warriors when he's played and he's now injured. I think the club was in the right letting him go lol
We didn't replace him well is more so my point.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
The warriors have been dreadful. I bet he wishes he stayed with us

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Based on who is off contract at end of the year..

I wouldn't mind Klese Haas joining his brother in the squad.

I also rate Jacob Alick.

Jaydn Su'a has had a good year and is still young, at the right price he'd be decent.

The player I'd most want to sign is Trey Mooney, he could play anywhere in the forwards. I would pay overs to get him.

Another player that would come cheap that I wish never left NRL is Elie El-Zakhem.

I could keep going but these are some of my options off the top of my head.

I know what you are saying. Any combination of these names above would be light years ahead of Piakura and Riki.

I’d also be pretty keen to see a combo of Rhys Kennedy and Paul Vaughn instead of Haas and Jensen too.

I also wish we went with Dufty instead of Walsh when we had the chance too. Still regret that to this day.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
I know what you are saying. Any combination of these names above would be light years ahead of Piakura and Riki.

I’d also be pretty keen to see a combo of Rhys Kennedy and Paul Vaughn instead of Haas and Jensen too.

I also wish we went with Dufty instead of Walsh when we had the chance too. Still regret that to this day.
I bet you were cheering when we signed the gos. How good were his knock ons last week? More of that please

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Welll.... I didn't even mention Rhyse because it's a dream I have given up on.. :port:

He's only 31 years old though. Could juice a couple years out of him.

Rhyse Martin visits you in your dreams?

Strange, Pamela Anderson visits me…

F

Footy Fanatic

NRL Player
Dec 12, 2018

Take it you haven't seen Capewell play this year...

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It’s always important too to judge a player on their first game with a new club, limited prep and in the wet…

No no, it is important to judge OTHER players on AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT player making mistakes in their first game...and why stop there?

We might as well just say Cleary doing his hamstring cost Parramatta the game.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I bet you were cheering when we signed the gos. How good were his knock ons last week? More of that please

Absolutely agree. Those knock ons were great, I'm just sad that we didn't sign Martin to replace Reynolds as halfback because he is EXACTLY what we need at 7...well anyone in the team really.

Unread

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Jedhead
  • Manofoneway
  • MrMoore
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.