Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Courier Mail reporting that we are scouring the market for an outside back to fill the final spot in our top 30. Due to our injury issues.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Been saying that myself for a while now. Hopefully, we dont get another young player. I think we need a bit of experience.

Who would you go for? Faifai-Loa, Quai-Ward? Fonua? Gagan? Niu? Who else is there? Brenko Lee? Howarth?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Who would you go for? Faifai-Loa, Quai-Ward? Fonua? Gagan? Niu? Who else is there? Brenko Lee? Howarth?

Havent given it that much thought, ha ha. I honestly cant think of anyone tbh. Trying to think of somebody who isnt getting games at another NRL club but i've got a blank.

Its going to be a bit tricky because imo we really need a solid NRL performer who we can get in on a cheap contract until the end of the year. We cant have much cap space left.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Havent given it that much thought, ha ha. I honestly cant think of anyone tbh. Trying to think of somebody who isnt getting games at another NRL club but i've got a blank.

Its going to be a bit tricky because imo we really need a solid NRL performer who we can get in on a cheap contract until the end of the year. We cant have much cap space left.

Any chance of getting Opacic to come back?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Any chance of getting Opacic to come back?

Probably not right now tbh. He's a bit homesick and i reckon he may be back over here at the end of the year. He and his partner are having another baby and i think they would probably prefer to be back over here.

Trouble is he's been struggling this year so far as well. He's had a niggle in his shoulder and he hasnt really been properly fit and his form has been down. Its sorted now i believe but need to see how it holds up so a player like that is probably the last thing we need.

He would be a decent pick up though if he wants to come back. He's been doing a lot of training in the back row as well and i think the plan from Willie Peters at KR was to start using him there a bit. He'd be a good pick up in that regard for us as a backup player as he could cover a few positions.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Tony Francis from the Titans would be a nice back up winger but I think we'd be looking for someone more versatile

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Just having a quick look at guys that have NRL experience, but haven't played this year or not getting much game time... not sure if it's due to form or injury though... it's pretty slim pickings and not sure I'd want many of them... would only be interested in a loan arrangement at best:
- Feagai brothers down in St George
- Melbourne guys like Young T, Marion Seve and Dean Ieremia
- Junior Tupou at the tigers... playing at Dolphins next year and hasn't been getting picked at Tigers
- James Schiller... seems to be out of favour at Raiders since signing elsewhere for next year
- Ken Maumalo... although his stocks seem to have plummetted over the last couple years
- Edrick... probably not

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

Nofoaluma is looking for a new home. There's your experienced back who will come on the cheap. He clearly needs a big attitude adjustment but he can do that from reserve grade and earn his injury/Origin callups.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Nofoaluma is looking for a new home. There's your experienced back who will come on the cheap. He clearly needs a big attitude adjustment but he can do that from reserve grade and earn his injury/Origin callups.

Do we want a bloke who wont pass the no dickhead policy?

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
We have 4 backs out injured. By the time we organise signing one we will have 3 of them back. Yes we will have more injuries but we are just as likely to have 5 backs out inuured as we are middles or halves. We still havent used pereria despite 4 injuries.....
We needed 2nd rowers, we got that. I was hoping we got aitken for next year, if he came cheap. Would suit us PERFECTLY. But given we signed gojetski to next year I doubt we will.

Use the money to front end a deal like cobbo or Walsh.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Alec
  • Froosh
  • Waynesaurus
  • Painin the Haas
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.