Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Speaking of rumours, Corey Parker for some reason was on the radio saying there’s a big story brewing around why Billy really dropped Cobbo about to come out.

He didn’t really seem to be making sense but who knows.
It would be along the lines of the below

Lockyer
“The decision in the end was pretty easy for Bill,”​
“I congratulate Selwyn for being open and honest about it.​
“He is carrying a few niggles at the moment and it’s affecting him mentally. He was pretty open and honest with Bill about whether he was capable of performing in that arena.​
“It’s a big decision (to leave Cobbo out) but at the same time it’s the right one.”​

Wally Lewis
“Players sometimes tell a fib to their teammates as well as the doctor to get themselves through a game like that,” Lewis said.​
“You have to question if they will be considered for the next match should they not be at their best.​
“It’s a pretty tough call, but honesty is the best policy for an Origin match.​
“If you pull out, you are doing the best thing for yourself, your teammates and your state.”​

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Didn’t Cobbo struggle mentally last season too?

Parker said he isn’t injured

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I'm not sure Parker has any idea what's going on in Cobbo's head / what inuries he's carrying.

hell, i'm not sure he has any idea what's happening at our club in general. he's been butthurt since Kevvie told him he wasn't required on his coaching staff. at this point i think it is far more likely that Parker is implying something that he'll never expand on to paint us in a negative light.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I'm not sure Parker has any idea what's going on in Cobbo's head / what inuries he's carrying.

hell, i'm not sure he has any idea what's happening at our club in general. he's been butthurt since Kevvie told him he wasn't required on his coaching staff. at this point i think it is far more likely that Parker is implying something that he'll never expand on to paint us in a negative light.
Yeah my thoughts too

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Cobbo hasn’t looked right all season. He never looked in shape from round 1. The same can be said about a lot of our players. Did we even have a pre season?

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Cobbo hasn’t looked right all season. He never looked in shape from round 1. The same can be said about a lot of our players. Did we even have a pre season?
We had a shortened pre season. Players returned late from representative duties and we moved to America to play an exhibition. In addition to the state of origin exhibition mid season, it hasn't done us any favors

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008

That’s what I was trying to remember. I think he might have taken a week or so off. Guess he’s got some demons? 🤷🏿‍♂️

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Parker is full of shit regarding Cobbo not being injured. Trew confirmed that he is beat up. Not a mental thing this time, just physically fucked. Playing injured, needing to be needled. The bye has allowed him to go home and recuperate.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Parker is full of shit regarding Cobbo not being injured. Trew confirmed that he is beat up. Not a mental thing this time, just physically fucked. Playing injured, needing to be needled. The bye has allowed him to go home and recuperate.

Yup, I was thinking if the kid is having a rough time, the club should definitely let him go home for a week or so. Get his family around him, let him recover in the way he needs to. He's still adjusting to the limelight in the big smoke as well. He'll be right.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Yup, I was thinking if the kid is having a rough time, the club should definitely let him go home for a week or so. Get his family around him, let him recover in the way he needs to. He's still adjusting to the limelight in the big smoke as well. He'll be right.

That's what they've reportedly done.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
And NSW media will still be pushing for rorters to go after him.... that should be put to rest right now

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
And NSW media will still be pushing for rorters to go after him.... that should be put to rest right now

Pffftttt, won't stop the Rorters, they'll be happy to chew him up and spit him out when he is totally broken from living in Sydney and no longer useful.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Parker struggling with his own insignificance again.

He Got called out for his hughes returning to Queensland comments being unsubstantiated, now he is trying to appear that he has some relevant contacts or insights at the Broncos.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
He's a fully fledged NRL journo now, that is by no means a compliment.

Journalist? You need to be semi literate and do some sort of leg work before you open your mouth.

Parker is, like Tallis, a cheap salty opinion offerer.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Journalist? You need to be semi literate and do some sort of leg work before you open your mouth.

Parker is, like Tallis, a cheap salty opinion offerer.

The key part there is the descriptor - NRL journalist

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • thenry
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fozz
  • RolledOates
  • whykickamoocow
  • jarro65
  • Dexter
  • Aldo
  • Pablo
  • Harry Sack
  • peter09
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Spike
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Midean
  • Alec
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.