Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
“It's definitely a hard one,” Sailor told The Courier Mail.

“We have such a strong roster and the thing is everyone (in the playmaking spine) is younger than me ... Jock (Madden), Ezra (Mam) and ‘Walshy'.

“It's something me and my manager will have to look at as it comes up because I want to get quality NRL minutes.

“As I always say, I have to take opportunities and where that comes, who knows where it might come.”

“I absolutely love the Broncos, but roster-wise it is very hard,” Sailor said.

“That's why, with the opportunities I get, I want to make the most of them. I definitely would like to play as much NRL as possible.

“I am focused on doing my role for the club at the moment but when the time comes (to weigh up his future), we'll see what happens.”

fair enough he has put in the work needs more nrl time to take him game further cant begrudge him

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
“It's definitely a hard one,” Sailor told The Courier Mail.

“We have such a strong roster and the thing is everyone (in the playmaking spine) is younger than me ... Jock (Madden), Ezra (Mam) and ‘Walshy'.

“It's something me and my manager will have to look at as it comes up because I want to get quality NRL minutes.

“As I always say, I have to take opportunities and where that comes, who knows where it might come.”

“I absolutely love the Broncos, but roster-wise it is very hard,” Sailor said.

“That's why, with the opportunities I get, I want to make the most of them. I definitely would like to play as much NRL as possible.

“I am focused on doing my role for the club at the moment but when the time comes (to weigh up his future), we'll see what happens.”

Have always thought we'd let him go at the end of this year... felt the request at the start of the year was just too late in the piece and didnt give us enough time to find a replacement... although we havent really found a Walsh substitute at this point either.

After today he will have played 7 games to Reece's 9... they haven't all been great, but given our depth I think we wouldve been fucked if we didnt have him... even more than we currently are

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Have always thought we'd let him go at the end of this year... felt the request at the start of the year was just too late in the piece and didnt give us enough time to find a replacement... although we havent really found a Walsh substitute at this point either.

After today he will have played 7 games to Reece's 9... they haven't all been great, but given our depth I think we wouldve been fucked if we didnt have him... even more than we currently are

Yeah we will let him go but will be interesting to see who we look at to be his replacement. There are so many good back up 1s running around, so it shouldn't be too hard to find one surely.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Yeah we will let him go but will be interesting to see who we look at to be his replacement. There are so many good back up 1s running around, so it shouldn't be too hard to find one surely.
Have to find one that wants to move to Brisbane to play back up though.

Need to find a TMM that is looking to revive career and can play multiple positions, so they can fit into the team more often.

I think we need a flexible outside back... Oates and Hoeter are off contract and Pereira retired. Leota does not look close to first grade either.

Depth in the backs looks non-existent.

If we had someone that can come in and play centre or wing then Cobbo could slot to fullback. Someone like Reimus Smith appears out of favour in Storm.

Savage wouldve been a decent get but Ricky is finally giving him a shot.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Have to find one that wants to move to Brisbane to play back up though.

Need to find a TMM that is looking to revive career and can play multiple positions, so they can fit into the team more often.

I think we need a flexible outside back... Oates and Hoeter are off contract and Pereira retired. Leota does not look close to first grade either.

Depth in the backs looks non-existent.

If we had someone that can come in and play centre or wing then Cobbo could slot to fullback. Someone like Reimus Smith appears out of favour in Storm.

Savage wouldve been a decent get but Ricky is finally giving him a shot.

The Titans have 85 fullbacks, surely we can offer one of them a better opportunity than they currently have or I would be really happy if we enquired with the Cows about Chester.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The Titans have 85 fullbacks, surely we can offer one of them a better opportunity than they currently have or I would be really happy if we enquired with the Cows about Chester.
I think we need about 2-3 outside back recruits at this stage... R&R has been very quiet in regards to any recruits for 2025...

They're probably planning to bring Toia up and hope to god that Leota can do something.

Hopefully Hoeter returns from his ACL in some sort of ok capacity, because we might be relying on him as next man up in the backs at this stage.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

The problem (if you can call it that) is that we've got Walsh as our first choice fullback ... So any fullback that signs knows they'll be playing limited NRL

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Where's big Red from Canberra going to end up?

Bit of mongrel about him but no idea what sort of cash he'd be on

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013

Issue his Resume has origin player on it which inflates his price but the rumour earlier in the week was that they were looking to offload him.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Seriously thought there would be a signing this week. With Pereira retiring along with season ending injuries to Te Kura and Hoeter there are enough gaps to justify a mid season purchase

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

See he got send off in reserve grade. He's probably going to end up back at his junior club playing under Woolf.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.