Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Well well well, very interesting rumour floating about the eastern suburbs and has filtered through to some of our Bunnies forum members that Reece Walsh may be a Rooster signing very soon. As buzz pointed put in his column in the tele, Nick Politis was spotted having lunch on the Goldy the other day with Reecey's manager, Nash Dawson. Youse have farted around and not yet extended his contract and now are very likely to lose your best player. Just when it seems you have hit rock bottom, eh lol.

Well, well, well , Shoey to Redfern next year .
Him and Jack can fight it out for the 5/8 spot next year . Wayne will fix them LOL .

Too much time in their own half / quarter and not enough PTB speed roll through the ruck to suit Kobe . An unstructered or loose ruck is his bread and butter . This season the team haven`t created the chaos around the ruck that Kobe capatalises on . Him running at a set line can see him get folded . He needs a little space to use his changes of direction . Tight ruck and he`s not the man you want to make metres or a quick PTB .

Agree on this, and for this reason I'd be keen to hold on to him if the price is right. He may be an additional middle, but when he is on he can offer a real point of difference. Also agree with those asking who we replace him with - we've not had great success there just recently.

Pretty sure Ballin is staying

Reports are that we'll have an all state of origin coaching lineup next year ... Of course doesn't mean any of these guys can coach.

Sounds like our assistants will be Barrett, Ballin and Te'o

Not that bad of a lineup.
Te'o is a bit unknown (at least for me) but Ballin has been going well here, and Barrett is a good assistant (shit head coach though)

If we are losing Kobe to Wests and Taupau is not being renewed, could this mean that Horsebreath is our in? I'm just speculating.
He did have a meeting with us and I believe Horsebreath would offer more if given a chance, than both Kobe and Taupau are offering.

If we are losing Kobe to Wests and Taupau is not being renewed, could this mean that Horsebreath is our in? I'm just speculating.
Gotta speculate to accumulate. I like your logic.

I thought I sa somewhere he was leaving. I could be wrong.
Pity it’s not Boyd

a) Boyd was one of the best fullbacks in his day (especially organising the defensive line) he just played 2 years too long. There is plenty he can teach Walsh.

b) there was a rumour that Des was interested in Ballin, but at this stage nothing has eventuated from that.

Can't we just give them Baker instead.

Would be nice to, yep.
I stand by my comment. Baker is ready to unlock his animal status for the finals push! He will be the Palasia of BHQ and stun us all!

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

a) Boyd was one of the best fullbacks in his day (especially organising the defensive line) he just played 2 years too long. There is plenty he can teach Walsh.
Walsh hasn't shown any improvement in this area in 2024 unfortunately.

Walsh has hardly had any consistency of game time to apply any learnings for anything during the 2024 season.
Not disagreeing with you but to me his positional play has regressed in 2024

Marty has been good these past few weeks .
Played a role and was disciplined .
Could he sustain his form for another season ?
Yea I do agree with you there. Marty has definitely improved and been more aggressive off the bench. I would be happy to sign him one more year and let others go.

b) there was a rumour that Des was interested in Ballin, but at this stage nothing has eventuated from that.
I don’t disagree but his second coming was fairly dismal especially his last season.

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.