Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

We really need a metre eating back and I have no idea of who that could even be. It was supposed to be Cobbo and he's turned to mud. A bulked up Mariner should help but it can't just be him.

Skelton would have been perfect but we sat on our hands like usual.
He’s sucked this year but apparently Dragons are looking to offload Ravalawa

He’s sucked this year but apparently Dragons are looking to offload Ravalawa

I think it's the same with Sivo and the Eels.

And we definitely know Sivo can score a try ... The only question mark would be whether we can get his defence up to scratch

I think it's the same with Sivo and the Eels.

And we definitely know Sivo can score a try ... The only question mark would be whether we can get his defence up to scratch
He takes no hitups... his workrate is garbage

"We've got enough talent in the place. We had 4 million dollars on the sidelines tonight. Not sure if anyone realised that."

"We've got enough talent in the place. We had 4 million dollars on the sidelines tonight. Not sure if anyone realised that."
None of the talent wants to be here because our club is a basket case. We have lost our winners mentality. We have low standards because we're more worried about players feelings than actually being a good football team. We have no depth at all.

Ravalwa and Sivo are both mistake machines so they would fit in well.

Look at the top 50 in errors each year and look at how many wingers are on there and how many of them are the best in the game.

Wingers are going to make mistakes, it's just part of the role.

I know this won’t be popular while the season is so raw and fair enough but I do agree the bulk of a premiership capable roster is already at the club.

Physically the players are just busted but the mental side is what worries me. Is Kevvie the right man to fix it? Right now it doesn’t feel like it but aside from any coach and every coach being thrown up as alternatives, I’m just not sure there’s anyone worth pulling the trigger for. So I’m ok with Kevvie staying on and being given the first half of next year, especially when the alternative has exactly the same short comings in Maguire.

Who knows, maybe the club will actually do something proactive for once though and do an exhaustive search to find someone we haven’t even thought about but I will never hold my breath that the current version of the club will ever do anything it isn’t forced to do reactively. Donuts has been a big disappointment in this way.

So what do we need? Honestly not a lot but getting it right will be key:
1. An elite fitness coach - most important hiring the club needs to make
2. An elite defensive coach - is that Teo? A bit concerned to be honest
3. An elite skills coach - is that Barrett? Well as an assistant he does seem to do well so there’s hope there
4. A metre eating back - this might cost us Cobbo but so be it, he’s been an embarrassment to the jersey the last month and yes, he may have his off field issues but they should be left off field. Hopefully Arthars pulls his finger out too because he was way down on the 2023 version but the GF shows what he is capable of
5. Two experienced but not over the Hill middles - Horsbrough and Welch would be perfect, let’s see if our R&R can achieve it, I’m not confident
6. Clear some of the spuds on the roster and try and replace them with actual depth - 10 7s or 9s on the roster is a joke when none of them at all, save for perhaps Smoothy have any utility value either.

I know this won’t be popular while the season is so raw and fair enough but I do agree the bulk of a premiership capable roster is already at the club.

Physically the players are just busted but the mental side if what worries me. Is Kevvie the right man to fix it? Right now it doesn’t feel like it but aside from any coach and every coach being thrown up as alternatives, I’m just not sure there’s anyone worth pulling the trigger for. So I’m ok with Kevvie staying on and being given the first half of next year, especially when the alternative has exactly the same short comings in Maguire.

Who knows, maybe the club will actually do something proactive for once though and do an exhaustive search to find someone we haven’t even thought about but I will never hold my breath that the current version of the club will ever do anything it isn’t forced to do reactively. Donuts has been a big disappointment in this way.

So what do we need? Honestly not a lot but getting it right will be key:
1. An elite fitness coach - most important hiring the club needs to make
2. An elite defensive coach - is that Teo? A bit concerned to be honest
3. An elite skills coach - is that Barrett? Well as an assistant he does seem to do well so there’s hope there
4. A metre eating back - this might cost us a oh o but so be it, he’s been an embarrassment to the jersey the last month and yes, he may have his off field issues but they should be left off field. Hopefully Arthars pulls his finger out too because he was way down on the 2023 version but the GF shows what he is capable of
5. Two experienced but not over the Hill middles - Horsbrough and Welch would be perfect, let’s see if our R&R can achieve it, I’m not confident
6. Clear some of the spuds on the roster and try and replace them with actual depth - 10 7s or 9s on the roster is a joke when none of them at all, save for perhaps Smoothy have any utility value either.
I agree to an extent regarding the roster . Plenty of talent but the balance is out. There is not enough experience in the starting 17 and there is no depth at all.

Nope, this isn't true. The kid has plenty of shortcomings but a lack of hitups is not one of them. He takes one every set coming out of trouble usually. He still shouldn't be anywhere near the Broncos NRL team though.
Not sure about that... there's a reason why he was dropped this year.

He might do it on occassion, but he's been well down this year... Parra fans have been fuming with him because of it.

We are needing a high volume guy like we had in Herbie... look at Gagai's stats compared to Sivo's.

Not saying we need to go for Gagai... I would prefer the club be able to find the diamonds in the rough like Skelton was looking to be. Is there someone in Qcup or NSW Cup that is NRL quality and pumping out numbers, but isnt getting into their team. I'd say NSW Cup is the more likely location to find these players.

Not long ago Parra got their hands on Hopgood because he couldn't break into the Panthers team... do we have anyone on staff who can find these guys though.

Sivo Stats
20240906 072651

Gagai's Stats
20240906 072714

Is there someone in Qcup or NSW Cup that is NRL quality and pumping out numbers, but isnt getting into their team. I'd say NSW Cup is the more likely location to find these players.

Dean Ieremia pumps out good numbers and has played quite a few games for Melbourne.

He's 23 and I believe his contract ends at the end of this year.

Dean Ieremia pumps out good numbers and has played quite a few games for Melbourne.

He's 23 and I believe his contract ends at the end of this year.
Dont mind that shout... I like the look of him at times.

Was he playing left wing last week vs cows??

Whoever that was had some nice looking moments

Dont mind that shout... I like the look of him at times.

Was he playing left wing last week vs cows??

Whoever that was had some nice looking moments

That's him.

He's a good prospect. Had a setback in '23 rupturing his ACL in the pre-season but he's been doing well in the NSW Cup and no reason why he couldn't be a good winger. He can play centre, as well.

That's him.

He's a good prospect. Had a setback in '23 rupturing his ACL in the pre-season but he's been doing well in the NSW Cup and no reason why he couldn't be a good winger. He can play centre, as well.
He's definitely been getting through work down there... looks like he's been playing centre more than wing this year.

Screenshot 20240906 082349 Chrome

Active Now

• marw
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • Pablo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Maddy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • BRC088
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • sooticus
  • teampjta
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.