Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Seeing De LA Salle Vaa kill it tonight was hard to swallow. Another one the broncs let go

I've been meaning to ask this...

What do people see in Klese Haas? If the Broncos made this signing, I'd presume it's just another Jaiyden Hunt/Jack Gosiewski signing where they were desperate and he was the best they could come up with. I don't think he brings any attributes the Broncos need and while I wouldn't say no to a train/trial I wouldn't be over the moon to see him.

Not exactly thrilled with the Opacic news either. Train and trial, potentially sign him as a developmental signing but the club ought to do better than sign another stop-gap.

If they re-sign Oates and Taupau, the club is going to get what it deserves.

What do people see in Klese Haas? If the Broncos made this signing, I'd presume it's just another Jaiyden Hunt/Jack Gosiewski signing where they were desperate and he was the best they could come up with. I don't think he brings any attributes the Broncos need and while I wouldn't say no to a train/trial I wouldn't be over the moon to see him.

Not exactly thrilled with the Opacic news either. Train and trial, potentially sign him as a developmental signing but the club ought to do better than sign another stop-gap.

A bit of desperation and the fact he plays middle and edge to a reasonable degree. Plus if Brissy sign him it would be nice for Payne.

What signings would you like to see Brissy make?

Whilst I agree we shouldn’t go after Klese I think Opacic is a good depth option at both centre and second row that covers the 17 jersey that nobody else in our squad can even remotely cover competently at the moment. That would be an astute signing. The amount of games that have been fucked over because we haven’t had someone to cover second row or centre let alone bringing in someone that can do both.

Oates and Taupau can both **** off. Marty is nowhere near as bad as Oates but still no thank you. Thanks for your time the two of you but **** off.

I’d like Ativalu Lisati instead of Klese as I think he could grow into a really good player. Opacic at the price we can get him for is a great deal that gives us the flexibility we lost with capewell back albeit his skillset leans towards favouring the outside back cover than second row but nonetheless it’s in his arsenal.

A bit of desperation and the fact he plays middle and edge to a reasonable degree. Plus if Brissy sign him it would be nice for Payne.

Mitch Barnett would have been handy for us.
Only just saw that he’s extended with the wahs til 2027 which he will be 33 and probably done

Is it just me enjoying the post season chat?

Terrible season but at least there's a lot of questions to be asked and answered. Of course would have preferred to make finals but as shit as we played, at least it means there's a lot of possible directions we can go. Feels like we are all playing money ball. I hope the R and R team are reading this and taking notes tbh. Yes some of the ideas and players are a bit outlandish but what we need is pretty obvious.

This year it feels like the R and R team prioritised the superstars and thought the good players can be replaced by qld cup level players who we can improve. We don't have the experience in our squad or coaching staff to do that. We need more experience, aggression, yardage and edge defence. Sounds like a lot but with the right signings you could fix that in 2 or 3 signings and then add in a hard task master to the coaching team.

I'm with you, every time I've seen him play, his defence has been really poor.

We probably need a couple of stop gaps for a year or two tbh to try to get our cap somewhat a bit more balanced. We dont have the space to sign what we need in many respects, so a player like Tommy on a low 1 year deal makes sense right now.

At the moment though, we arent even in the running for Tom, thats just some journalist putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. Souths, Rorters and Storm are more likely right now as they are the clubs that have made contact.

I agree about Haas. Simply dont rate him.

Whilst I agree we shouldn’t go after Klese I think Opacic is a good depth option at both centre and second row that covers the 17 jersey that nobody else in our squad can even remotely cover competently at the moment. That would be an astute signing. The amount of games that have been fucked over because we haven’t had someone to cover second row or centre let alone bringing in someone that can do both.
Let's nip the second row talk in the bud.

He's barely played there his entire career and it's a big ask to think he can cover the position in his twilight years after spending two years out of the competition.

If the Broncos signed him on a development deal or train and trial that would be fine but it's difficult to get excited about another stop-gap signing in the NRL squad.

They need to find a marquee player or get a head-start on Reynolds' replacement.
A bit of desperation and the fact he plays middle and edge to a reasonable degree.
That's where we disagree. Yes, he can cover those positions and he has NRL experience, but what attributes does he actually bring? Does he run good lines? Does he make good defensive decisions? Does he make strong contact and 'win' tackles? Does he have size? Does he have an offload?

The Broncos have too many Gold Coast players as is. When you sign Titans players, expect Titans results.

Purdue, Hinchey, Price (down the line, knee reco). If Te'o could bring Nonu with him, that would be swell.

Walker would make me happy for '26 but I'm not sure how conducive it is to winning a premiership, I'd just be entertained.

It depends on who's available as well. We're about to enter the off-season, so if the club can pick up an out of favour edge forward I'd like to see the club in the market for one of them.

Let's nip the second row talk in the bud.

He's barely played there his entire career and it's a big ask to think he can cover the position in his twilight years after spending two years out of the competition.

If the Broncos signed him on a development deal or train and trial that would be fine but it's difficult to get excited about another stop-gap signing in the NRL squad.

They need to find a marquee player or get a head-start on Reynolds' replacement.

That's where we disagree. Yes, he can cover those positions and he has NRL experience, but what attributes does he actually bring? Does he run good lines? Does he make good defensive decisions? Does he make strong contact and 'win' tackles? Does he have size? Does he have an offload?

The Broncos have too many Gold Coast players as is. When you sign Titans players, expect Titans results.

Purdue, Hinchey, Price (down the line, knee reco). If Te'o could bring Nonu with him, that would be swell.

Walker would make me happy for '26 but I'm not sure how conducive it is to winning a premiership, I'd just be entertained.

It depends on who's available as well. We're about to enter the off-season, so if the club can pick up an out of favour edge forward I'd like to see the club in the market for one of them.

Would be nice if Te'o brought a Dolphin with him too. Sadly I don't think the Dolphins would be keen to lose Nonu.

Tom's been playing second row on and off for the past couple of years, its not alien to him. I think for a depth signing there isnt a lot not to like about bringing him back. I'd be worried if we were looking at him as a regular first team player though, but we need some more reliable depth options. I dont think you need to get excited about just bring in some solid backup cheaply. I get what you are saying about him, but he is the type of player that helps others around him stand out rather than him standing out.

I just cant see where we sign this marquee signing you are asking for with our cap the way it is. Unless we are letting a big money player leave and not cover any of his salary, how do we fit in a player of that description? Still have to upgrade Walsh, Willison and Mozer, as well as dealing with Staggs, Jensen and Cobbo.

Tom's been playing second row on and off for the past couple of years, its not alien to him.
It's not exactly alien, but let's break it down. Tom has played 46 games in the ESL, of the 46, 1 was in the second row and two were off the bench. I would not sign him under the pretense that he could be our Kurt Capewell replacement, not on those figures. I'd look at him purely as a plug and play centre, if he can fill in the backrow if there was an emergency, that's a bonus but I wouldn't have high expectations.

I'd be worried if we were looking at him as a regular first team player though, but we need some more reliable depth options.
My point is, a first grader should be the priority right now. Get that signing done first and see what's left over for an Opacic. Otherwise the Broncos will run into the same problem where they made 'responsible' depth signings in Pereira, Hoeter, J. Hunt etc. and they were virtually a no-show.

I just cant see where we sign this marquee signing you are asking for with our cap the way it is.
As it stands, the cap isn't in that bad a shape.

The problem is, the Broncos don't know what they're working with because they're keeping enough aside to try and hold onto the players they want to.

They won't know what they're working with until that point in time.

They may need to expedite that process and set deadlines for certain players/agents and other players may have to make room.

Which isn't to say it's easy, tough decisions will have to be made and they'll need to be smart about how they put certain deals together. However, if they think they can get by with minimal changes and just sign a couple of depth players who fell into their lap they're asking for serious trouble.

Tom's been playing second row on and off for the past couple of years, its not alien to him. I think for a depth signing there isnt a lot not to like about bringing him back. I'd be worried if we were looking at him as a regular first team player though, but we need some more reliable depth options. I dont think you need to get excited about just bring in some solid backup cheaply. I get what you are saying about him, but he is the type of player that helps others around him stand out rather than him standing out.

I just cant see where we sign this marquee signing you are asking for with our cap the way it is. Unless we are letting a big money player leave and not cover any of his salary, how do we fit in a player of that description? Still have to upgrade Walsh, Willison and Mozer, as well as dealing with Staggs, Jensen and Cobbo.
To be honest, I’m keen to go the storm route with outside backs and sacrifice Cobbo and even Staggs for a couple of no fuss centres who can defend well, get metres out of our end and catch and pass. Happy to do it as soon as this off season.

I’m talking Storm swapping Inglis for Champion moves. Put the money into keeping Mozer, finding a Reyno replacement and if possible getting a solid experienced second rower for next season.

We may not win a GF with that approach but at least we’d be building toward long term success and consistency.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.