Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Is our development really an issue though? Seems like we can turn them into footballers well enough. Armstrong had a good opportunity here but if Penrith come knocking that would be hard to turn down. Nah we don't need to sign backrowers because we would rather a team full of props.
I see the balance of the top 30 as a different issue to the development system! So yes in that regard - I think you have a valid point, the balance of our squad isn’t optimal (FRF vs SRF).

But equally, I think our system is really optimised to support QRL, Brisbane Broncos, the Broncos NRL team - in that order! And that’s a problem…. The side you see run out on the weekend is last in line. How many NRL ready guys are waiting for their chance in the Brisbane affiliated Q cup sides? Of those players, how familiar are they with the Broncos game models and systems?

It’s a cliche but the ‘next man up’ mentality is a luxury only about 2 sides in the NRL can really claim… and it’s very obvious which two sides that is

Looks like Josiah Karapani is off to the Bulldogs next year. Ciraldo wants him to replace Skelton as a metre-eating winger. Of what I saw of him, he looked like a promising player and thought Broncos could have used him the same way Ciraldo intends to. Can't believe your R&R wouldn't bother keeping him on the cheap.

If Cobbo wants a big contract, he can get it elsewhere. He has a really big upside, but he just has way too many issues that come along with it. Any deal offered to Cobbo should be no longer than 2 years, and not above 600-650k. If he wants anything more, enjoy the trip to Sydney.

Looks like Josiah Karapani is off to the Bulldogs next year. Ciraldo wants him to replace Skelton as a metre-eating winger. Of what I saw of him, he looked like a promising player and thought Broncos could have used him the same way Ciraldo intends to. Can't believe your R&R wouldn't bother keeping him on the cheap.

Maybe they listened to BHQ ...

Or maybe Karapani sees a clearer path to NRL at the Bulldogs considering Skelton is leaving and JAC looks like being sacked.

If Cobbo wants a big contract, he can get it elsewhere. He has a really big upside, but he just has way too many issues that come along with it. Any deal offered to Cobbo should be no longer than 2 years, and not above 600-650k. If he wants anything more, enjoy the trip to Sydney.
He can forget about any upgraded contract IMO.

Selwyn needs to redeem himself consistently if he wants big $$$. He owes us as of right now........

He can forget about any upgraded contract IMO.

Selwyn needs to redeem himself consistently if he wants big $$$. He owes us as of right now........
I don't follow the thought process of saying a player owes a club. It's a clubs responsibility to look after an employee when they have issues. If a work place doesn't do this, nobody would work there, and isn't a big factor come contract time. Whenever a player says they "owe the club" that line is pure shit. I've heard of one player offer to give money back to the club, which was Trbo, due to his lack of game time.

Prime example at the moment is JAC. He is clearly a decent player, but he is not worth the 600k it's estimated he is going to be on next year. So the Bulldogs will more than likely sack him. If JAC was on an under-valued contract, he wouldn't be in danger.

Speaking of, if we could sign JAC on 300-400k, that would be a good option.

I don't follow the thought process of saying a player owes a club. It's a clubs responsibility to look after an employee when they have issues. If a work place doesn't do this, nobody would work there, and isn't a big factor come contract time. Whenever a player says they "owe the club" that line is pure shit. I've heard of one player offer to give money back to the club, which was Trbo, due to his lack of game time.

Prime example at the moment is JAC. He is clearly a decent player, but he is not worth the 600k it's estimated he is going to be on next year. So the Bulldogs will more than likely sack him. If JAC was on an under-valued contract, he wouldn't be in danger.

Speaking of, if we could sign JAC on 300-400k, that would be a good option.
Another winger that doesn't make metres. Great!

I think Karapani always wanted to stay in Sydney but couldn't get any bites before we took him. Probably just wants to go home. Good runner of the ball, but his passing skills are diabolical.

We need to readjust the squad now and get players that want to stay, by showing commitment by taking unders. This is how storm, roosters and panthers have been able to be so competitive for so long. If they truly want to be part of the Brisbane Broncos then show us all.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • marw
  • bb_gun
  • Jason Simmons
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • Scdeac
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brocko
  • jarro65
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wolfie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Stix
  • The True King
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.