Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

If it's all left to Madge then it won't work though... the playing group need to grow up and make each other accountable.

Do they actually want to be professionals and win shit or do they just want to rock up like it's a paycheck and then head to the Valley every weekend.

Coach can yell all he wants, but if he doesn't have back up from his playing group then there's no substance behind it and the players can get away with cutting corners and relying on talent alone... eventually the talent gets surpassed by everyone else in the league and you've got nothing to fall back on.
Need a strong leadership group. Kurt Capewell types.
We got Patrick and Adam having an episode in public. FMD Michael has his work cut out for him. Where’s Ben.

All of this speaks to a massive cultcha problem at the club. Cut some of them, no matter who they are, then see the others pull their socks up.
If there is a massive culture problem, and we sack Mam and that leads to a disgruntled Walsh who signed elsewhere for 26 - does Madge get leeway or nah?

If there is a massive culture problem, and we sack Mam and that leads to a disgruntled Walsh who signed elsewhere for 26 - does Madge get leeway or nah?

Depends how we perform. If we look to be going backwards, nope.

Mam and Addo-Carr both to the Dragons? Flanagan loves this stuff, they'll fit right in.
I've always felt uneasy about Walsh's immaturity, and interesting that Mam n Walsh are so close. I had a feeling a few weeks back that someone might ask for a release due to McGuire's style not gelling with personalities. Ezra was the first to come to mind.

If Madge is to stamp his mark, he doesn't need a disgruntled rebellion from prima donnas that now know how to sack a coach.

Then we've got Cobbo... Mariner is a space cadet. Might be time to nip this in the bud.

So just for shits and giggles, if the axe does fall on Ezra, where do you see this landing in terms of possible replacements/player swaps?

Possible options:
1. swap with Sharks for Trindall
2. swap with Dragons for Hunt
3. swap with Bulldogs for Sexton

Lots of other possible landing places for Mam too. Let's see, Knights, Dolphins, Cowboys, Warriors, heck even Souths (Cody not long left). How could I possibly forget the Rorters! They need to replace Keary.

Could be the making of Mam if he survives the axe, might be the wake up call he needs. Or does Brisbane suddenly have an extra 6 or 700K to play with? Has Walker re-signed with Chooks yet, does Ezra's money go towards signing him for 2026 and Walsh fills in at 5/8 next year? A pairing of Walsh and Walker in the halves for 2026 - absolute dynamite! Cobbo plays fullback. So crazy it could actually work!

Very interesting times ahead over the next couple of weeks.

Be worth giving paddy an early release to keep cobbo, cobbo has raw talent, versatility and a stats only hit up focused player is of no use
If you had to rebuild the team from scratch, Carrigan is the guy that you would build it around. So even I can't agree there.

So just for shits and giggles, if the axe does fall on Ezra, where do you see this landing in terms of possible replacements/player swaps?
Go for the simplest option imo. Cobbo to FB, Walsh wearing 6 for 2025 and then 7 after Reynolds retires, but still defending on the left.

so seeing Patty start at Prop last night has got me thinking. is it worthwhile us doing the same thing. it would then give us an opening to start Hethro at 13.

I'm in two minds about this because I do like Patty at lock, although at times i feel to thinks pass first a bit too often. I also like what Hethro offers us off the bench (despite his less than stellar year in 2024)

🤔

so seeing Patty start at Prop last night has got me thinking. is it worthwhile us doing the same thing. it would then give us an opening to start Hethro at 13.

I'm in two minds about this because I do like Patty at lock, although at times i feel to thinks pass first a bit too often. I also like what Hethro offers us off the bench (despite his less than stellar year in 2024)

🤔
It's not the biggest problem, but the problem with starting Carrigan at prop is you lose most of the value of Jensen - I don't think he has a lot of value off the bench.

Given the police were involved and they opted to do an inside drug test you would probably say yes

You must report a traffic crash to police if it involves one or more of the following criteria:

• death or injury (requiring medical attention from a qualified ambulance officer, nurse or doctor),
  • a driver fails or has failed or is refusing to provide required details,
  • vehicle not driveable - A vehicle involved in the crash is towed or carried away by another vehicle
If none of these circumstances exist, you are not required to report the traffic crash to police.

You must report a traffic crash to police if it involves one or more of the following criteria:

• death or injury (requiring medical attention from a qualified ambulance officer, nurse or doctor),
  • a driver fails or has failed or is refusing to provide required details,
  • vehicle not driveable - A vehicle involved in the crash is towed or carried away by another vehicle
If none of these circumstances exist, you are not required to report the traffic crash to police.
Traffic crash reporting is done on the QPS website. Police won't attend the scene unless there is a traffic hazard or someone at the scene is aggressive or intoxicated, or if they just happen to be driving past.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • broncoscope
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bronx48
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • jarro65
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • barker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.