Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Hunt, Welch and Frizell would fill a leadership void.

Hunt - hard pass especially as he wouldn't arrive before the 2026 season.

Frizell - definitely worth a crack. would be a very handy pick up, especially with our lack of depth in the second row

Welch - yeah maybe if we got him cheap. I think he is past his best now, but still has leadership skills so would be good around the training paddock.

Hunt - hard pass especially as he wouldn't arrive before the 2026 season.

We would if we gave them Ezra.

It's already been reported that Dragons would release him if they got a suitable replacement.

We would if we gave them Ezra.

It's already been reported that Dragons would release him if they got a suitable replacement.
Do you think Ezra is a suitable replacement? Their guy is currently playing for Australia. Ours is checked into a rehab facility.

Nene McDonald played well at fullback for PNG and seems like he's matured a lot. He said he'd come back to NRL if a club is interested. He wouldn't be a bad signing. Would replace the experience of Jordan Pereira (wish we used him). Obviously has good value as a depth player seeing as he can fill in at fullback, centre and wing.

Be worth giving paddy an early release to keep cobbo, cobbo has raw talent, versatility and a stats only hit up focused player is of no use

Happy Sunglasses GIF by arcalle | branding & photo

Nene McDonald played well at fullback for PNG and seems like he's matured a lot. He said he'd come back to NRL if a club is interested. He wouldn't be a bad signing. Would replace the experience of Jordan Pereira (wish we used him). Obviously has good value as a depth player seeing as he can fill in at fullback, centre and wing.
He always had the talent and he did play well. He could be a good depth signing. I am just not sure he'd be interested in that role and will probably stay in UK unless he gets a regular NRL gig, which I don't think he will.

The other thing about the game is it was probably below NRL standard and these type of matches can be a misleading form line.

He always had the talent and he did play well. He could be a good depth signing. I am just not sure he'd be interested in that role and will probably stay in UK unless he gets a regular NRL gig, which I don't think he will.

The other thing about the game is it was probably below NRL standard and these type of matches can be a misleading form line.
I think he could be a starting winger/centre for us. Especially if we swapped Staggs for Hunt.

I think he could be a starting winger/centre for us. Especially if we swapped Staggs for Hunt.
think id prefer someone like staines if what is being reported is true that the tigers are willing to let him go if he can find a deal elsewhere think he is alot better than what he has shown at the tigpies

think id prefer someone like staines if what is being reported is true that the tigers are willing to let him go if he can find a deal elsewhere think he is alot better than what he has shown at the tigpies
Yeah I think there's a good player in Staines. I suggested it on here a while ago and got some confused emoji responses lol.

Also the memes write themselves.

He's also been sacked by the Cowboys and Leeds and never got his professional life together. The last thing the Broncos need.

He's been at the Roosters, Dragons, Norths, Cowboys, Leeds,, Sharks, Salford, Titans and Leigh and never seen out a contract.

He's also been sacked by the Cowboys and Leeds and never got his professional life together. The last thing the Broncos need.
I know that but I was reading some quotes from him about how he's quit drinking for over a year now and has got his head right. If he's legit then maybe he could have a positive impact on someone like Cobbo.

you did disagree but it was @Scorchie that gave me the confused emoji, I went back and looked.

Odds of Coby Black debuting next year are remarkably short.

you did disagree but it was @Scorchie that gave me the confused emoji, I went back and looked.
Look it wouldn't be an end of the world signing as should be dirt cheap but just sucks we have to be picking up a Tiger (and Panther) reject when teams like the Dolphins are picking up a Junior Tupou and might not even be fitting him into their strongest side. Not to mention Tigers picking up Skelton for probably much less than what we have to pay for Mariner (yes, i'm guessing)

Our wing recruitment has been poor for years now, especially with the importance they have for getting meters and momentum to start a set.

I agree he wouldn't set the world on fire but I do think he's better than his Tigers form has showed. I'm wiling to bet most didn't really rate Arthars as a pickup considering he was a Titans discard but he ended up being one of our better players the last 2 years - I know I'm certainly guilty of that at least.

And our outside back depth is pretty rubbish as well.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • BrissyFan97
  • Battler
  • Ondi
  • Dexter
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • leish107
  • Redfern_1980
  • Johnny92
  • johnyE
  • mieko
  • azza.79
  • Gaz
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • OnToSomething
  • Financeguy
  • Griffo
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.