OFFICIAL Broncos Secure Gabba For Three Games In 2023

like we are talking going from 50k to 12-15k, it's a huge gap.
Fair enough, but WSS has a capacity of 30k.

For a second stadium to be approved it would have to make sense financially for the government. Maybe closer the the Olympics but not before then.

I think the reason some folks are annoyed by this (certainly me) is the Broncos have a deal with Stadiums QLD to play 12 games a year at Suncorp (I think?), and they just break that deal. Imagine if it was the other way around!
The GABBA would be an awful ground to watch NRL at I would think (like all oval stadiums) and the regional areas don't get enough NRL so take the games to the country and promote the game. Yes it will cost the club in ticket sales, but they can afford it.
Stadiums QLD really should pay the Broncos for lost income given they have broken the deal but that'll never happen.

Broncos Secure Gabba For Three Games In 2023​

broncos.com.au
Fri 23 Sep 2022, 04:00 PM

The Brisbane Broncos will play three home games at The Gabba during July and August next year while the FIFA Women’s World Cup is running in Australia and New Zealand.

With Suncorp Stadium unable to be used by other codes during the FIFA Women’s World Cup period, the Broncos have worked closely with Stadiums Queensland and the Queensland Government to deliver a solution for members and fans only a few kilometres away at The Gabba.

The Broncos will start and finish with a total of nine home games remaining at Suncorp Stadium – while three matches will move a stone’s throw across the river to The Gabba in the back half of the season.

Those three games at The Gabba will be automatically included as part of 2023 full season memberships and hospitality packages, with all ticketed members and corporate partners to receive priority access to select their seats at The Gabba closer to the start of the season.

Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy said: “This is a chance for our incredible Broncos members, corporate partners and fans to be part of a little piece of history as we move across to play these select games at a ground filled with so many famous Brisbane sporting memories.

“Stadiums Queensland and the Queensland Government have been great to work with in terms of ensuring we can create a fantastic experience for our everyone at The Gabba and we are looking forward to putting on some really memorable match days before returning home to Suncorp Stadium.

“Once the NRL releases the 2023 draw later this year we will know the dates of these games, then in the new year we will work closely with our members and corporate partners to ensure they receive priority access to seats and have a great experience during our short time at The Gabba. ”

From my understanding ticket prices at the Gabba are cheaper than Suncorp.

For the members that have already paid for their memberships, I hope the club are going to compensate for the difference. I also hope membership prices are reduced because of this, but no doubt they won't be.

I tell you what, if we go 3 and 0 at the Gabba, it's gonna cause a stir about how the team does psychologically playing @ Suncorp.

There are at least 3 teams I can think of right now that we either cannot beat or struggle far harder than we should against while playing at home.

Entire CRR project is slated to be finalised by then

Gabba station open looking like the end of 23/start of 24 as it has to be fully connected to the new Albert St station

Shame we didn't go regional but the club loves those gate receipts.

I think I'll go to one just for the novelty.

Entire CRR project is slated to be finalised by then

Gabba station open looking like the end of 23/start of 24 as it has to be fully connected to the new Albert St station
I'm working on the project, there's 12 months of testing before any passengers get on.

And then when the Broncs win, suddenly over the loud speaker:

‘We are the pride of Briiiiiiiisbane town, we wear maroon…, blue and gold!

I had no idea it was based on the French national anthem until I was in France. Contiki tour and as we passed into each country the tour guide would play the national anthem.

They need to change it. **** France

I had no idea it was based on the French national anthem until I was in France. Contiki tour and as we passed into each country the tour guide would play the national anthem.

They need to change it. **** France

Based on? It IS the French national anthem haha

Still better than that Manly fan we have on the mic now.

Also you know what I despise? When we make a mistake that "no no no no no" tiktok sound plays. Never happens when the opposition does it, just when we do. Like they're trying to be funny.

From my understanding ticket prices at the Gabba are cheaper than Suncorp.

For the members that have already paid for their memberships, I hope the club are going to compensate for the difference. I also hope membership prices are reduced because of this, but no doubt they won't be.
With stadiums being digital completely now with tickets and swiping your barcode, all people need to do is purchase children tickets. I can't remember the last time I bought an adult ticket.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • Justwin
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Aldo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Galah
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • kiwi2
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rambstien
  • Mustafur
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.