NEWS Broncos seek back-up No.9

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I actually thought Wayne would go with Thaiday at part time hooker again until Macca is fully fit, I thought he did a reasonable job starting for Hunt last year.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Really? I think the loss of Taylor is and was a killer. He is one of the true #7's going round and I would of picked him ahead of Hunt every day of the week.
For sure, We needed Taylor far more, and having him now instead of Niko would have a much bugger impact than Parcell being here with no chance of a starting spot. I just like him far more as a player.

I don’t know how he isn’t getting massive coin in the nrl.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Really? I think the loss of Taylor is and was a killer. He is one of the true #7's going round and I would of picked him ahead of Hunt every day of the week.

It was , if Wayne said to him your the next #7 after hunt never recovered , I doubt he would have ever left and should have been here.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
for mine murphy is not a good option, he is poor defensively and i just dont think he is up to the nrl standard. i have watched him at norths the last 2 years - kicking game is bog average too and runs around abusing his own players for errors he makes.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
It was , if Wayne said to him your the next #7 after hunt never recovered , I doubt he would have ever left and should have been here.
This makes little sense. So WB was supposed to say to Ash, "If Ben doesn't recover from that drop in the GF last year, then I am slotting you straight in". Taylor left because there was a roadblock in front of him at the time. No one can read the future and Taylor left for a better opportunity. There is no point laying blame because there is no one to blame.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

This is why you are not a first grade coach. Taylor still isnt up to Hunts standard of play yet.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
This is why you are not a first grade coach. Taylor still isnt up to Hunts standard of play yet.

Ah and to think I was just about to quit my job to coach first grade. Bugger! Wait, hold on, I still think you are wrong. I think you might be forgetting the main features of a 7. Mainly being able to control a sides offense, steer a club around the side and oh yeah, kick. Taylor outshines Hunt in all of these facets. Guess my career change may still be around the corner. Phew.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Ah and to think I was just about to quit my job to coach first grade. Bugger! Wait, hold on, I still think you are wrong. I think you might be forgetting the main features of a 7. Mainly being able to control a sides offense, steer a club around the side and oh yeah, kick. Taylor outshines Hunt in all of these facets. Guess my career change may still be around the corner. Phew.

Hunt has led his team to multiple final appearances and even a grand final. Taylor hasnt even played finals football yet. Not bad for a bloke who doesnt have any of those so called must have halfback traits which is a load of shit to begin with. Hunt is a great halfback and one of the best in the comp. Alot of teams would love to have him on their books.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
Hunt has led his team to multiple final appearances and even a grand final. Taylor hasnt even played finals football yet. Not bad for a bloke who doesnt have any of those so called must have halfback traits which is a load of shit to begin with. Hunt is a great halfback and one of the best in the comp. Alot of teams would love to have him on their books.

Hunt has had one great season and goes missing in crucial moments. He DOES NOT have the head for a great half. Taylor will prove you wrong if he ever plays on a side not surrounded by inept players. Time will prove one of us wrong. Until then, we'll agree to disagree.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Hunt has had one great season and goes missing in crucial moments. He DOES NOT have the head for a great half. Taylor will prove you wrong if he ever plays on a side not surrounded by inept players. Time will prove one of us wrong. Until then, we'll agree to disagree.

You keep saying that Taylor will be great when this happens, or when that happens. It's boring and a convenient crutch for your argument to lean on (because it prevents a comparison of what has happened and allows the blame for lack of performance to be laid at the feet of Taylor's team mates).

Taylor has played one finals game and he only got there because Parra got docked points. He's had plenty of talent around him. Hayne (despite being a giant douche) is a very good player, James, Proctor, Elgey, Copley, Peats, Bird, Hurrell...hardly also rans...not great, but not also rans.

He's achieved precisely squat so far. That we can say for sure and certain.

Hunt has achieved playing for Australia (he was 24 when he played his first game) and Qld and every year that he was first choice half at Brisbane (2014 - 2017) they played finals and in 2015 - 2017 we've finished (at worst) 2nd, 5th and 3rd.

As the matter stands, Hunt is above Taylor.

That said, he's young (23 this year) and it's too early to judge Taylor's career progression; but he'd want to pick up his game significantly if he's going to get anywhere near the heights that some on here think that he will.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012

Hunt will prove you wrong if he ever plays on a side which features Slater, Smith, Cronk, Renouf, O'Connor...note that this is the same argument that you used, I just changed the names.

Your argument is equally invalid.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Taylor will prove you wrong if he ever plays on a side not surrounded by inept players.

He chose to play with that rabble, and they locked him up long term, thankfully.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
Hunt will prove you wrong if he ever plays on a side which features Slater, Smith, Cronk, Renouf, O'Connor...note that this is the same argument that you used, I just changed the names.

Your argument is equally invalid.
Absolute rubbish. You fail to recognize THE key component of great backs. It is what made guys like The King, Johns, Lockyer, Smith and Thurston what they are and on the other side what Hunt isn't. It's called vision and space. I don't think Hunt is a bad footballer bit I think Taylor will prove better because he has better vision and doesn't looked rushed like a deer in the headlights everytime in the pressure cooker. Also, you aren't going to convince me that Hunt has anything resembling a kicking game at all.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
ah **** it, why not wade into a debate concerning two players of which neither play for the club

I think as much as Taylor looked the goods in the 20's, he really hasn't done much in FG to justify the hype and the big contract. He may well be a better player ability wise, but he's yet to show it. Ability doesn't really mean anything without results, of which Hunt has him well covered thus far.

Still, there's plenty of time for Taylor to take that next step - whether he does or not remains to be seen.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I have to say that I believe Taylor will have a long and highly successful career as Hunt has had up to this point. From what I've seen on the field and through the frequent interviews and statements attributed to him he seems to have all the basic ingredients you want in a halfback. Confidence and a bit of cheek. He plays in a beavily targetted position yet he stands up to the first grade level abuse and does so at a pretty tender age.

I think he's tough enough, the very first hurdle on the way to first grade and skillful as well. As he matures and hardens even more, odds are that he will play representative football. Will he reach greater heights than Hunt? My guess is yes but at the moment he is a fair way behind and still just an up and comer.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
ah **** it, why not wade into a debate concerning two players of which neither play for the club

I think as much as Taylor looked the goods in the 20's, he really hasn't done much in FG to justify the hype and the big contract. He may well be a better player ability wise, but he's yet to show it. Ability doesn't really mean anything without results, of which Hunt has him well covered thus far.

Still, there's plenty of time for Taylor to take that next step - whether he does or not remains to be seen.
The best part about this whole story, is that it now includes dragons!

Active Now

• Aldo
  • marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • Howie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.