NEWS Broncos sign another hooker

I don't think that situation is spite ... IMO, **** developing a player (who in this case most seem to agree isn't ready for NRL) for a rival team.

demoting a player back to the ISC under these circumstances wouldn't be a unique scenario. the only reason you wouldn't do this if the player was a gun already and you were pushing for a premiership
But we are pushing for a premiership...

I agree with your sentiment. But there’s no more beneficial option. So it’s pointless. The only player that it would be worth dropping him for is to trial Staggs at 6 but there’s every chance that we’d be developing him for the titans by that point.

If we had a 6 somewhere trying his guts out that deserved the reward over the kid leaving then you do it. Penrith are happily playing Burton because he is best for the team.

at this stage i'd do it for Tyson Gamble (or Billy Walters if he signs and is out playing Gamble in the state leagues).

there is also the possibility of giving an opportunity to an unsigned half in the ISC ... after round 10 all we need is to have him signed to a training deal. who knows, could turn into a Cody Walker, Cam Munster situation

I don't think that situation is spite ... IMO, **** developing a player (who in this case most seem to agree isn't ready for NRL) for a rival team.

demoting a player back to the ISC under these circumstances wouldn't be a unique scenario. the only reason you wouldn't do this if the player was a gun already and you were pushing for a premiership
Yep, if he goes, I reckon we should pick him in the front row for the rest of the season and have him bashed all year til he goes to the Cows! 😂

I'd argue that dropping Dearden to ISC would be more beneficial to him and therefore the cowboys in the long run.

Just like Paix before him, the middle goes to shit everytime Turpin sits down.
Hard to believe but instead of our 9 being the spear head in attack, he is actually a much better spear head in defence.

The Eels were doing it easy up the middle during Levi's stint. Watch it again, the forwards don't react as effective or in cohesion as they did during the first 30mns.

Just like Paix before him, the middle goes to shit everytime Turpin sits down.
Hard to believe but instead of our 9 being the spear head in attack, he is actually a much better spear head in defence.

The Eels were doing it easy up the middle during Levi's stint. Watch it again, the forwards don't react as effective or in cohesion as they did during the first 30mns.
not having a crack but is that levi's fault? like idk surely the fowards should be able to defend with another hooker in

Plus the bloke literally just joined the team this week. I'd say the fatigue from playing in 30C heat did far more than swapping out Turps.

Why the **** does the NRL play games in Darwin at this time of the year rather than actually in the depths of winter?

Plus the bloke literally just joined the team this week. I'd say the fatigue from playing in 30C heat did far more than swapping out Turps.

Why the **** does the NRL play games in Darwin at this time of the year rather than actually in the depths of winter?
Does Darwin have a winter?

I thought he looked ok out of dummy half but obviously wasn’t amazing, but then we’ve had two seasons of Turpin and he’s pretty fucking average himself so don’t blame Kevvie for giving Levi and extended run.

If people want to bag Turpin for being an average hooker that’s one thing. I think he’s better than that personally but leave that aside. What does Levi bring that’s any better? Nothing IMO, in fact we lose in at least two ways: levi is not as good in defence and the bench spot is wasted

If people want to bag Turpin for being an average hooker that’s one thing. I think he’s better than that personally but leave that aside. What does Levi bring that’s any better? Nothing IMO, in fact we lose in at least two ways: levi is not as good in defence and the bench spot is wasted
He threatened the line more in 40 minutes than Turpin has in two seasons and he only just joined us on Wednesday.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Scorchie
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ezpz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Yem
  • Gray
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncs30
  • Skathen
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.