OFFICIAL Broncos sign Dale Copley

Seems reasonable. Is there a new rule that we can only recruit former Gold Coast players?

Would be a huge improvement over just choosing a Moses managed player if true.

Seems reasonable. Is there a new rule that we can only recruit former Gold Coast players?

Would be a huge improvement over just choosing a Moses managed player if true.

The NRL has decided we are switching places, the Titans are the new glamour club and pinnacle of QLD Rugby League.......................oh gawd..............

Last edited:
Arthas still around? Can he play right center?
Or would it be better to move coates 1 in and have arthas on the wing?

Def still a bit light on in depth in that centre position with Staggs out. Bit of a head scratcher who Kev selects to partner Dale.

I think personally i'd be looking at Tesi or Herbie. Never got the love in some had on here for Arthars, i thought he was a complete liability and has no positional sense. The other option would be to just put up with Coates there and develop him for the long term with the uncertainty with Kotoni, who i still have a feeling will be on his way. There isnt a great deal of quality out there in terms of experience so we would probably be looking at somebody like Takairangi, Seve, Lafai, Leutele or Chambers on a 1 year deal for some more center depth. We are probably look at somebody cheap!

I'm more concerned that we will get the regularly HIA Copley.
This is an issue with players these days and more HIAs tend to snowball and be correlated with increased risk of more. Part of my thesis of why the Keary and Cordner led roosters will fall from grace this year, other parts of that thesis include an old squad and a dose of wishful thinking.

Oates would get murdered at centre.

I'm not convinced he would be that bad, but like i said before, his lateral movement would see him found out more than his other issues. A good coach will structure the team better than fraudbold did, so i think he could possible just be good enough to do a job there. I still wouldnt put him there though.

I'm not convinced he would be that bad, but like i said before, his lateral movement would see him found out more than his other issues. A good coach will structure the team better than fraudbold did, so i think he could possible just be good enough to do a job there. I still wouldnt put him there though.

In attack, can you see him setting up his winger...ever?

Too dumb.

In attack, can you see him setting up his winger...ever?

Too dumb.

Yep, i could see him doing it. We just dont see much of him doing it from the wing because he doesnt really have to. He isnt really ideal for center, but we are basically looking at stop gaps for 2021. Like i said, i wouldnt put him there, and its probably not something i think is worth trying. Its back row or wing for me

Yep, i could see him doing it. We just dont see much of him doing it from the wing because he doesnt really have to. He isnt really ideal for center, but we are basically looking at stop gaps for 2021. Like i said, i wouldnt put him there, and its probably not something i think is worth trying. Its back row or wing for me

I don't think he has it in him. Only put him there in an emergency imo.

Imagine a couple of years ago being ok with Copley coming back and hoping to grab Opacic too lol

I felt bad when all the talk was Copley was virtually guarateed Hodges' vacant centre position then he's sent to the Roosters the minute Roberts' contract forgery happened.

Last edited:
With what we currently have, and Staggs out, I’d go:

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Isaako
4. Copley
5. Coates

Any way you slice it, it is still a horrible backline and will still get Jack all metres from the back three.

Imagine a couple of years ago being ok with Copley coming back and hoping to grab Opacic too lol

I felt bad when all the talk was Copley was virtually guarateed Hodges' vacant centre position then he's sent to the Roosters the minute Roberts' contract forgery happened.

I wasn't ok with replacing him with James Roberts. I quite enjoyed that first game against us where he made James Roberts look pretty useless.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.