Banned User
He’ll be injured like usual

With what we currently have, and Staggs out, I’d go:

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Isaako
4. Copley
5. Coates

Any way you slice it, it is still a horrible backline and will still get Jack all metres from the back three.
Staggs has probably clocked off too....cant see him staying around when hes being talked up as a great centre already

Renegade

State of Origin Rep
It's a meh signing for me, Copley wasn't good enough here the first time, I don't see how being in and out of the Tits team makes him a better player.

Having said that, this is a better depth signing than Mead.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
It's a meh signing for me, Copley wasn't good enough here the first time, I don't see how being in and out of the Tits team makes him a better player.

Having said that, this is a better depth signing than Mead.

That's right isn't it, it's a good depth signing, no doubt there but it is just nothing to be excited about.

kooly87

NRL Captain
Can we stop chasing fucking dickheads like this and go after someone who everyone wants?
I'm sorry, but if you can think of a better person to wear Kahu's injury bib for the year now he's left us then then I'd like to see it.

We also lost Jack Bird too. The rehab group was in slight danger of becoming a more lonely place this year so Copley is actually be a welcome addition.

Last edited:

Petch67

Banned User
But these plodders are apparently on minimal 1 year deals or train and trial.

it’s not a talent upgrade but it’s a massive upgrade to our cap position.
Thats what it should be.....but this joint is becoming the retirement home for ex players that really didnt achieve anything elsewhere

Renegade

State of Origin Rep
tbf I don't think Copley is a plodder, he is capable of being a solid player, it's just that he is inconsistent and when he was here previously, couldn't catch a cold to save his life.

and the fact is we are kinda short on centre depth with staggs being out for the better part of 2021, so it's not the worst signing, it's just not much to be excited about either.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
I'm definitely in the "meh" camp over this signing. He's clearly a stopgap for 2021 and nothing more. His signing also categorically rules out Chambers as well for whatever reason, probably because Copley came cheaper for what we needed him for and on one year as well. Copley will want to play well with Staggs casting a shadow over him for most of the year so hopefully that spurs him into some form.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
I'm definitely in the "meh" camp over this signing. He's clearly a stopgap for 2021 and nothing more. His signing also categorically rules out Chambers as well for whatever reason, probably because Copley came cheaper for what we needed him for and on one year as well. Copley will want to play well with Staggs casting a shadow over him for most of the year so hopefully that spurs him into some form.

I feel he is a better option than Chambers as he is much cheaper but it certainly isn't a marquee signing that's for sure.

That said, all of our marquee signings of like the last five years have turned out to be terrible:

Milford
Kennedy
Bird
Barba
Boyd

It isn't a good track record.

NSW stables

NRL Player
I think the metres from the back 3 are a majpr issue for us. Oates can definetly do it, he used to be the best in the league at it. Farnworth has energy and may surprise with his metres from the back, but isaako actually had a decent work rate when he was back there initially. Coates is the worry in this department though. He really needs to learn to take the tough run/hit and not run sideways. He has the size and looks to be getting stronger, he just needs the energy and commitment to put the body on the line, he did it a little better origin 2.
This is a particularly underrated component of the common game. You look at the most recent premiership teams and their back 5 have been really good at making hit up metres.

Oates used to be one of the best when teams used to wrestle with him, he would just pile on PCMs, however teams have worked him out, and the first marker usually picks him off with a legs tackle. Then players coming in later to slow the play the ball down.

vertigo

NRL Captain
Copley will want to play well with Staggs casting a shadow over him for most of the year so hopefully that spurs him into some form.
Staggs should play 5/8 on his return anyway, I know he won't have the kicking game yet but he is that dominant runner we need in that position.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm sorry, but if you can think of a better person to wear Kahu's injury bib for the year now he's left us then then I'd like to see it.

We also lost Jack Bird too. The rehab group was in slight danger of becoming a more lonely place this year so Copley is actually be a welcome addition.
1606721897620.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesmerise

Twitter