OFFICIAL Broncos sign Dale Copley

With what we currently have, and Staggs out, I’d go:

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Isaako
4. Copley
5. Coates

Any way you slice it, it is still a horrible backline and will still get Jack all metres from the back three.
I think the metres from the back 3 are a majpr issue for us. Oates can definetly do it, he used to be the best in the league at it. Farnworth has energy and may surprise with his metres from the back, but isaako actually had a decent work rate when he was back there initially. Coates is the worry in this department though. He really needs to learn to take the tough run/hit and not run sideways. He has the size and looks to be getting stronger, he just needs the energy and commitment to put the body on the line, he did it a little better origin 2.

In attack, can you see him setting up his winger...ever?

Too dumb.

Oates might be pretty dumb but imo he has shown plenty of times that he has some footy smarts. He put in a good kick to his inside men that resulted in a try and he scored some crazy body fully over the sideline tries. He also picked some good lines when he went on his second rower excursions. His biggest problem has been crappy centres we've stuck next to him. The good centres we've stuck next to him include Reed and Copley and even those guys needed help in defense (played alongside busted shoulder Reed).

I always liked Copley and felt we let him go when he was coming into his best. Seemed like he finally realised he was a solid unit and was using his size but he does how terrible luck with injuries. From my gold fish memory he did touch up "the jet" first or second time they actually opposed each other.

He’ll be injured like usual

With what we currently have, and Staggs out, I’d go:

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Isaako
4. Copley
5. Coates

Any way you slice it, it is still a horrible backline and will still get Jack all metres from the back three.
Staggs has probably clocked off too....cant see him staying around when hes being talked up as a great centre already

It's a meh signing for me, Copley wasn't good enough here the first time, I don't see how being in and out of the Tits team makes him a better player.

Having said that, this is a better depth signing than Mead.

It's a meh signing for me, Copley wasn't good enough here the first time, I don't see how being in and out of the Tits team makes him a better player.

Having said that, this is a better depth signing than Mead.

That's right isn't it, it's a good depth signing, no doubt there but it is just nothing to be excited about.

Not the killer 3/4 I would have thought for the gig ,hope he aims up under Kevie , not enough mongrel in him for mine .

Can we stop chasing fucking dickheads like this and go after someone who everyone wants?
I'm sorry, but if you can think of a better person to wear Kahu's injury bib for the year now he's left us then then I'd like to see it.

We also lost Jack Bird too. The rehab group was in slight danger of becoming a more lonely place this year so Copley is actually be a welcome addition.

Last edited:
But these plodders are apparently on minimal 1 year deals or train and trial.

it’s not a talent upgrade but it’s a massive upgrade to our cap position.
Thats what it should be.....but this joint is becoming the retirement home for ex players that really didnt achieve anything elsewhere

tbf I don't think Copley is a plodder, he is capable of being a solid player, it's just that he is inconsistent and when he was here previously, couldn't catch a cold to save his life.

and the fact is we are kinda short on centre depth with staggs being out for the better part of 2021, so it's not the worst signing, it's just not much to be excited about either.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.