Broncos sign Jesse Arthars

A good way to see if you've signed a promising junior is to take a look at the comments on his previous team's forum (link below)

FWIW most of them are disappointed to lose him... some because he was given an opportunity with them and left whilst others are disappointed at losing a promising junior.

I think we should cut him some slack and if he has potential to become a good centre/fullback that will be great for us. Sounds like he has potential and also sounds like he is a serious advocate of Seibs and his methods, which are the players we are after

Yeah, I also remember doing that for Dargan (most Eels fans didn't give a shit) and for SOS (some Roosters fans thought he was promising)

because he's another middle of the road plodder - the only type of player seibold has signed.

Other than Seggy but that was out of necessity not out of any foresight from the coach.
What do you base that opinion on?

What do you base that opinion on?

The matches I have seen him play, his zero trys, line breaks and making 90m a game?

Reads like a middle of the road plodder to me.

If you guys want to rejoice him as the next great seibold signing then go for it, I would rather be realistic.

He's their version of Coates but possibly better.

I don't understand that comparison, how are they alike?
[automerge]1562728251[/automerge]
The matches I have seen him play, his zero trys, line breaks and making 90m a game?

If you guys want to rejoice him as the next great seibold signing then go for it, I would rather be realistic.

They're the signings you need to be good signings to get value out of your cap. If you were a Storm fan you would have been saying why do we need middle of road singings like Brendon Smith, Addo Carr, Papenhausen, Welch or Munster, all ISC/20's rejects players doing not much.

Last edited:
because he's another middle of the road plodder - the only type of player seibold has signed.

Other than Seggy but that was out of necessity not out of any foresight from the coach.

At the end of the day teams need depth. Our backline depth has been so tested that we’ve had to play 2 debutantes - one of which is 18 and played 1 game against men.

Hopefully his contract is a humble one. Seibold has signed a few depth players that have previously worked with him already. I think it will be great for team culture to have a few boys at training who buy into what Seibold is doing. Having the playing group behind him will also give him the standing to move on some of the more established players in the team without losing the dressing room if he wants to (eg Boyd and Macca).

Last edited:

They're the signings you need to be good signings to get value out of your cap. If you were a Storm fan you would have been saying why do we need middle of road singings like Brendon Smith, Addo Carr, Papenhausen, Welch or Munster, all ISC/20's rejects players doing not much.

Unfortunately I don't have the same confidence in seibolds coaching ability as I would Bellamy's.

No, just interested to know, I've never seen him play, but the other "in the know posters" seem to rate him.

Meaning both have been labeled the next Gi , not comparing styles.

I hate how any talented tall indigenous or PNG outside back is "the next GI" or short blond half "the next alfie" or half with dark hair "the next cronk". It shits me.

Up there with when people start comparing upcoming playmakers as being the next so and so. It's almost a death sentence to your career at the Broncos coming through the ranks once you get that comparison.

Last edited:
Depth signing.

We'll start signing some higher quality players when they become available.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Clintos
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncotville
  • simplythebest
  • Browny
  • Griffo
  • PETERN
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Skathen
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.