NEWS Broncos sign Jesse Arthars

Dazza 92

QCup Player
These young people aren't battle hardened and we are seeing the results this year with massive yoyo performance. We desperately need a proper leader. I'm not advocating going out and buying George Burgess but he would be a big name signing if we did and we would easily make room for him in the side as he is still a good player. If we roll into next year with the same roster we have now, we wont be any better for it. Seibold might get a stay of execution for this years performance, but the club wont put up with a bottom 8 finish next year. He needs a high calibre signing that will fit into the team he moulding that can get the job done next year. Otherwise he will be out on his ass. A half would be great as I'm not too confident two rookies could get the job done, but a strike forward with leadership qualities would be fantastic.
Considering the culture Siebs is trying to build post James Roberts i don't believe G Burgess coming aligns very well with that. I say this with full appreciation of what he brings as a player...

Do note Lodge has resigned for three years, will be 25 years old next season and to my mind is being groomed to become that forward leader we crave.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Paul Vaughan would do leading this pack but i cant see this potential signing being at all feasible...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter