Broncos sign Raiders Scout

Had a teacher by the same last name in highschool who scouted for someone, def had some affiliation with the raiders as he handed out cards and was able to score some people some autographs. Laugh if it was him

Last edited:
Actually it was the Brisbane clubs territory, all the clubs in NSWRL prior to the Broncos seemed to think they had exclusive rights to plunder the talent north of the border, then cracked the shits when a side from Brisbane was formed and suddenly heaven forbid talent stayed up here.
Considering how much money the Raiders have given to that area through the schools, juniors and Souths Logan I'd hardly call it plundering, maybe if the Broncos hadnt ignored that areas cries for help they'd have been sending players to you.

Considering how much money the Raiders have given to that area through the schools, juniors and Souths Logan I'd hardly call it plundering, maybe if the Broncos hadnt ignored that areas cries for help they'd have been sending players to you.

Mate you should stick to reguritating news paper articles because when you adlib you get it wrong- stick to the script.

Raiders' feeder club is in the area- or should I say was- how loyal to the area are you when you bugger off and leave Souths to die?

Raiders have done well out of the area through their deal with Souths, same as the Broncos have done well out of their deal with Redcliffe. You can't have a feeder team everywhere.

Raiders have deals with 7 schools in the area and 2 clubs, no doubting they've done some good work in the area but let's not pretend it wasn't mainly Souths.

Wtf?!? Have we signed him or not? There's articles in the Canberra times (yeah I know it's just the CT) saying that he is contracted to the raiders and they are trying to hold on to him??? I just want to know what's going on lol

Raiders are claiming he is contracted to them. He is employed by the Raiders not Souths. He works for the Raiders then places the kids he finds at Souths until they're ready.

Pinky is very very good at his job but this won't be a magic fix for the Broncos, the link between the area, Souths and Raiders is very strong and as I said they have deals with seven schools and two clubs in the area.

It might take years to see anything out of the deals made.

Raiders are claiming he is contracted to them. He is employed by the Raiders not Souths. He works for the Raiders then places the kids he finds at Souths until they're ready.

So have he actually signed him then?

Mate you should stick to reguritating news paper articles because when you adlib you get it wrong- stick to the script.

Raiders' feeder club is in the area- or should I say was- how loyal to the area are you when you bugger off and leave Souths to die?

Raiders have done well out of the area through their deal with Souths, same as the Broncos have done well out of their deal with Redcliffe. You can't have a feeder team everywhere.

Raiders have deals with 7 schools in the area and 2 clubs, no doubting they've done some good work in the area but let's not pretend it wasn't mainly Souths.
Raiders are still helping Logan even if it is a smaller amount then previously and they are pushing the NRL to allow dual registration again so they can have them as a feeder club again

Ps what did I say that was so incorrect, that they've helped the club, area and schools financially. Thanks to the NRL they had to drop Logan as their feeder club (Raiders tried to fight it to the point their u16s and 18s were almost banned from playing in NSW) but are still contributing, hardly buggering off

Last edited:
Geez, some people are being harsh on Raiders. Anyways this signing has made me happy. It shows that they are not happy with their current administration and see the need for improvement. I have never heard of the person and would have no idea who our scouts are, but it's safe to say we needed improvement.

Geez, some people are being harsh on Raiders. Anyways this signing has made me happy. It shows that they are not happy with their current administration and see the need for improvement. I have never heard of the person and would have no idea who our scouts are, but it's safe to say we needed improvement.

Yeah that's my take on it. Even if it does take 3-4 years to benefit from it, it's a great move. If people said 'nah, forget about it, it doesn't help us out right now', then that's probably the exact decision that some idiot made 4 years ago and why we're in this mess.

Does anyone know more about him. Is he a teacher by any chance?

No don't think so, he's been doing this for a long while first at the Broncos then Raiders now back to Brisbane.

Thanks for the info you arrogant son of a bitch :P But seriously, thanks!

@chrisgarry1: Brian Edwards will head up the Broncos Logan academy. Will report to senior Broncos recruitment staff.
Makes sense.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.