OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not against signing players like Copley as a solid alternative to what we have, but considering our injury issues last year we would have been better chasing Opacic instead as he is less brittle than Copley. I'd have actually tried to get the pair of them on 1 year deals to help sort out our squad balance going forward. They can both cover multiple positions and both do the 1 percenters. They are both also good blokes off the field, low maintenance, train well and just go about their business with no fuss. Exactly the type of players we need imo.

I agree.

Bennett telling him all pre season that he's our new centre to replace Hodges and then in the last minute kicking him out for Roberts.. That was the beginning of something pretty bad at the club.

It's kind of similar to how we released Arrow in order to sign Lodge / develop Pangai.

Where has this myth come from we released Jai to sign lodge and develop Pangai? Lodge was on next to nothing when he signed. Its simply not true we released him to sign other players. We just couldnt match his offer from the Titans and he felt he had better opportunities to start games on the coast.

So,

2020 Ins:
Copley

2020 Outs:
Bird (likely), Boyd, Fifita, Staggs (likely), Lodge (possible), Dearden (possible)

Hmm...is Copley signing actually good news?
must have missed something im sure deardon lodge and staggs will be at the club in 2021?

How are these desperation signings? They are signing players they need.

The players they are signing aren't going to change a thing at the club. They are making desperation signings going after whoever is available in the hope it will pay off, but the players they are signing are not good enough to turn the club around, because they just aren't that good, so it's not going to pay off.

If they were coming into an already strong system, maybe. But they aren't.

Wow I doubt Dearden is out the door by next season... Am I missing something?

Copley is a good bloke and he's actually an underrated player in my opinion. I think he has more up side potential than someone like Opacic. Copley is experienced too. He's not a young guy learning the standards of NRL or anything. We probably could be focusing on signing someone like Brenko Lee instead though. I'd take both.

Copley has been in the NRL for 11 years and is still yet to kick on and be the player people keep saying he is. He can't even hold a position at the Titans.

Waste of money, waste of a top 30 spot. Pass.

So,

2020 Ins:
Copley

2020 Outs:
Bird (likely), Boyd, Fifita, Staggs (likely), Lodge (possible), Dearden (possible)

Hmm...is Copley signing actually good news?
Come on mate , you honestly think we're that bad ?? Your negativity is getting painful.

Where has this myth come from we released Jai to sign lodge and develop Pangai? Lodge was on next to nothing when he signed. Its simply not true we released him to sign other players. We just couldnt match his offer from the Titans and he felt he had better opportunities to start games on the coast.
Not a myth. Just the facts. We chose other players over Arrow.

Copley has been in the NRL for 11 years and is still yet to kick on and be the player people keep saying he is. He can't even hold a position at the Titans.

Waste of money, waste of a top 30 spot. Pass.
Hmmm Broncos never gave him a real chance at playing centre. The year he was going to, we shafted him anyway. Then he went to Roosters because that was the only club available at such short notice, then went to Titans. You will struggle pretty hard to get any recognition as a player at Titans. He was shuffled around there too and never really given full trust to start as a centre every week.

Point is maybe he could show some career best form and be consistent for us at centre. That'd be nice.

Not a myth. Just the facts. We chose other players over Arrow.

So we offered him a contract, but we chose other players over him ? Like i said, a complete myth. Just like Ese'Ese, we simply didnt have the funds to keep him.

Last edited:
must have missed something im sure deardon lodge and staggs will be at the club in 2021?

all three will be at the club in 2021.

So we offered him a contract, but we chose other players over him ? Like i said, a complete myth. Just like Ese'Ese, we simply didnt have the funds to keep him.
Salary cap management mate. Not gonna explain to you how it works.

Last edited:
Arrow was just out of the Broncos price range. Would have been happily kept but he had a much better opportunity at the Gold Coast.

Pangai Jr has the higher ceiling and was the better fit for the club under Bennett. Especially with McGuire around and players coming through.

The writing was well and truly on the wall when Sims was brought in, but then, that was mostly to balance the roster and replace Wallace in the middle.

Salary cap management mate. Not gonna explain to you how it works.

You actually dont have the slightest idea kid. Its not rocket science really. If you want to release a player, like you suggested was the case with Jai, you dont offer him a contract to try to keep him. He was actually very close to staying and i got that straight from the horses mouth.

Arrow was just out of the Broncos price range. Would have been happily kept but he had a much better opportunity at the Gold Coast.

Pangai Jr has the higher ceiling and was the better fit for the club under Bennett. Especially with McGuire around and players coming through.

The writing was well and truly on the wall when Sims was brought in, but then, that was mostly to balance the roster and replace Wallace in the middle.

Exactly right. We tried to keep Arrow, we just couldnt compete in the end with what he had on offer on the coast. They never wanted him to go.

You actually dont have the slightest idea kid. Its not rocket science really. If you want to release a player, like you suggested was the case with Jai, you dont offer him a contract to try to keep him. He was actually very close to staying and i got that straight from the horses mouth.
Exactly right. We tried to keep Arrow, we just couldnt compete in the end with what he had on offer on the coast. They never wanted him to go.
Yeah we couldn't compete because we had other plans with other players. We let him go for other players. That simple, kid.

Kevvie has been working for several weeks ... even though his official contract doesn't start until November.

but then again, admitting that would go against your agenda
I said on here at the time Kev would have the keys and be in his office in a nanosecond. I suspect he’s still sleeping on his desk. Know he’s been interviewed by the reviewers and didn’t know why. Wasn’t part of this season he said. Yep he’d have his car, car park and gym token as well. All good going forward.

I said on here at the time Kev would have the keys and be in his office in a nanosecond. I suspect he’s still sleeping on his desk. Know he’s been interviewed by the reviewers and didn’t know why. Wasn’t part of this season he said. Yep he’d have his car, car park and gym token as well. All good going forward.
The parking spot probably still says ‘Wayne Bennett’

Reactions: Gaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • HVbronco
  • marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • jarro65
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.