Broncos still not getting respect

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It was a grind. Henjak has been saying for weeks how the Broncos need to show they can win the grind. In all the games previous the Broncos had either scored freely and won, or struggled and got flogged. The only slight exceptions being the Cowboys game, where the Broncos got out to a big lead (Scored freely) and then watched that lead evaporate before landing a killer blow.

And the Knights game where once it got into a grind the Knights wore us down.

So in the last 3 wins the Broncos have shown they can blow a team off the park (Storm), strangle a team and then blow them away (Titans) and grind out an armwrestle (Sharks).

I think the challenge on Sunday will be whether the Broncos can fight back when they get behind. Manly are very hot starters, and the Broncos tend to be a bit slow out of the blocks...could well be 12+ down after 20 minutes in front of a hostile crowd. How they handle that will tell a lot about the character in this team.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Yep Coxy. So far I don't think anyone has capitalised on our current weaknesses. They are bound to be exploited sooner or later.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
tkday said:
Yep Coxy. So far I don't think anyone has capitalised on our current weaknesses. They are bound to be exploited sooner or later.

I think Roosters, Dragons and Bulldogs did a pretty good job....

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think the Warriors enjoyed how we were incapable of stopping offloads too.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
I think the Warriors enjoyed how we were incapable of stopping offloads too.

Ah yes...I had blocked that game from my memory [icon_frown

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
That's the thing I liked the most about the win at the Sharks, who are serial offload offenders. While we pretty much gave up against the Warriors, we hung in there and scrambled well to stop their second phase, admitedly with some help from Tim Smith, although there was a reason for his blood rushes, and that was the desperation we showed.

Let's put things into perspective. How many teams in the current comp would have come out with a win against the Sharks that night?

Active Now

• Bish
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • teampjta
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Tmac
  • Manlyman
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.