Broncos Survey

1.When and why did you start supporting the Broncos?
In 1988, I appeared on the TV program 'Extra' with an "I love Langer" sign, at their first game.

2.Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos?
Canberra, much the same as Coxy's answer, plus they played a good style of footy.

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team
No

4.Do you attend Broncos Games – If so how many?
About 6 a year (thanks heaps for the tickets Coxy!)

5. Who is your all time Broncos player?
Darren Lockyer

6. Who is your favourite current Broncos Player?
Darren Lockyer

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final ?

8. Excluding Grand Finals, what is your favourite Broncos moment?
The comeback against the Doggies in the 2nd half in 2006

9. What is your favourite all time Broncos Try?
Steve Renouf's try in the 92 GF, closely followed by Alan Cann's in the same game from about 25m out

10. Who is the most underrated Bronco of all time?
Phil Lee

11.Which player failed to reach his potential the most while at the Broncos?
Scott Prince

12. Who do you think should be the next captain of the Broncos?
Karmichael Hunt

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose?
Steve Price

14. Which Bronco have you been most disappointed about leaving the Club?
Lote Tuquiri / Ash Harrison

15. If you could cut any player from the current squad, who would it be?
Tom Hewitt

16. Of the players yet to play representative football, who is most likely?
Steve Michaels

17. What is your favourite time slot to watch the Broncos play?
Friday night

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose?
Wayne Bennett

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win?
Lote Tuquiri

20. It’s Manly 23 Broncos 18 In the Grand Final - the siren goes in the background and the Broncos score in the corner on the last play of the game to trail by 1. You can choose any Broncos player in their prime to take the shot at Goal to try and win the Grand Final. Who do you choose and why?
Michael DeVere - ultimate professional, the situation would not get to him.

1.When and why did you start supporting the Broncos? First thing, 1988. I was only a little tacker (3 going on 4), but my dad and granddad got me into them right away. Going to the old Suncorp Stadium for my fourth birthday to see them play is one of my earliest memories.

2.Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos? Nah, I was too young, but was raised in a Valleys household in the old BRL.

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team? Wests Panthers have always been my #1 because I was a Wests junior, but also have supported Valleys (for family reasons - my old man, his dad and brothers all played for them) and Toowoomba Clydesdales.

4.Do you attend Broncos Games – If so how many? Yes - all of the home games (STH).

5. Who is your all time Broncos player? Tough one. Really tough one, I don't think I could narrow it down. Hancock, Renouf, Langer, Lockyer, Webcke, Carroll - take your pick.

6. Who is your favourite current Broncos Player? Another toughie. It was Tonie Carroll until a few weeks ago. Still deciding, really. Think Peter Wallace would go close, though.

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final? Jeez.... um, probably 1998.

8. Excluding Grand Finals, what is your favourite Broncos moment? The GF qualifier comeback against the Dogs. Brilliant.

9. What is your favourite all time Broncos Try? That famous Renouf effort in the 1992 decider always sticks out. Though I must say the try in the 2006 GF (I think eventually scored by Tate after heaps of passing) was a good'n too.

10. Who is the most underrated Bronco of all time? David Stagg [icon_wink

11.Which player failed to reach his potential the most while at the Broncos? Lote Tuqiri. Only for the fact that he could've hung around for another 2-3 years and he would've blown the competition out of the water IMO.

12. Who do you think should be the next captain of the Broncos? Wallace, but only if Hunt doesn't get his sh*t together off the field.

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose? Isaac de Gois - I just love watching him play.

14. Which Bronco have you been most disappointed about leaving the Club? Luke Priddis.

15. If you could cut any player from the current squad, who would it be? None.

16. Of the players yet to play representative football, who is most likely? Steve Michaels.

17. What is your favourite time slot to watch the Broncos play? Sunday afternoon.

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose? I'm extremely happy with his appointment. Would love to get John Dixon back from Wales if he moved on.

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win? Ohhh I reckon Renouf would go close.

20. It’s Manly 23 Broncos 18 In the Grand Final - the siren goes in the background and the Broncos score in the corner on the last play of the game to trail by 1. You can choose any Broncos player in their prime to take the shot at Goal to try and win the Grand Final. Who do you choose and why? Darren Lockyer. Nowhere near the best kicker we've ever had, but the best in the business for high pressure moments. He'd miss from in front if it wasn't important, but I reckon he'd just about clear it even if it was taken from halfway in that scenario.

Never really cared either way until probably 2000. Went to a few games as a kid, but always preferred cricket. Footy was a means to pass time til Cricket season until probably 2003.

No.

I support Wests Arana....the next best thing is Norths. I always loved Toowoomba, being from the Darling Downs.

Yeah 1 or 2 a year.

Kevvy Walters tied with Tonie Carroll.

Darren Lockyer & Karmichael Hunt tied.

1998. The only one we came back from. 1992 is close behind.

Semi Final v Bulldogs.

Shaun berrigan scoring in the Seni final v Bulldogs, the one where Hodgo returned the ball from the in goal.

Hmmm, Philip Lee.

Scott Prince or Brett Seymour

Karmichael Hunt. Natural born leader.

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose?
Steve Price

Lote Tuqiri 4 sho, closely followed by Petero.

get back to me in a few seasons time, Perry, Tate & BOyd are all gone so Im pretty happy with our squad currently.

Dave Taylor if he plays to his full potential.

7.30 Friday night! Woooo! Friday Night Footy!

Yep, if he moved on I'd choose Lockyer.

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win?
Justin Hodges, before he had his knee reco he was lightning quick.

20. It’s Manly 23 Broncos 18 In the Grand Final - the siren goes in the background and the Broncos score in the corner on the last play of the game to trail by 1. You can choose any Broncos player in their prime to take the shot at Goal to try and win the Grand Final. Who do you choose and why?
Darren Lockyer, he wouldn't allow himself to miss, and also I'd love to give the credit to him.

In about 2001/2002 I think. One night the Broncos were playing the Knights and my best mate at the time went for the Knights, so I went for the Broncos just to piss him off. Broncos won (I think) and I went for them ever since.

Yes, I went for Canberra. I loved Mal.

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team?
No.

Yes, all of the ones in NSW and at least one in Brisbane.

Darren Lockyer

Corey Parker.

I have two. In 2003, when Broncos beat Melbourne in the death. A flick pass to Scott Minto, great stuff.
I can't remember what year, but we were playing the Rabbitohs and Gordon Tallis stripped the ball off Paul Stringer with 10 seconds to go, flick pass to Brent Tate, he scores and we win!

See above.

Casey McGuire

Brad Meyers.

Hunt, Wallace or Parker.

Tough one.. Umm I'm not sure.

Denan Kemp.

I would have said Boyd, but now I'd say Clinton.

Probably Dave Taylor.

Sunday arvo.

Sure. I'm not sure who I'd choose.

Leon Bott or Denan Kemp

Michael De Vere, he was awesome.

1.When and why did you start supporting the Broncos? - 1994. I loved watching the broncos on friday nights and especially alfie. and I was always fascinated by how the broncos switched between the striped and diamond jerseys.

2.Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos? nup though I didn't mind the crushers.

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team - not a team but i follow the competition.

4.Do you attend Broncos Games – If so how many? - last one was 2006 final v dragons, we were awful that night. :(

5. Who is your all time Broncos player? - alfie

6. Who is your favourite current Broncos Player? - lockyer

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final ? - 2000

8. Excluding Grand Finals, what is your favourite Broncos moment? - baby broncos v wests tigers. also 16-12 v knights in (i think) 2002, when andrew gee kicked that 40-20.

9. What is your favourite all time Broncos Try? - dunno

10. Who is the most underrated Bronco of all time? - casey mcguire

11.Which player failed to reach his potential the most while at the Broncos? - dunno

12. Who do you think should be the next captain of the Broncos? - corey parker

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose? - no one.

14. Which Bronco have you been most disappointed about leaving the Club? - luke priddis in 2001

15. If you could cut any player from the current squad, who would it be? - no one

16. Of the players yet to play representative football, who is most likely? - mm dunno

17. What is your favourite time slot to watch the Broncos play? - friday nights, though i also love sunday afternoons and we don't get enough sunday games these days.

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose? henjak is the best choice.

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win? leon bott

20. It’s Manly 23 Broncos 18 In the Grand Final - the siren goes in the background and the Broncos score in the corner on the last play of the game to trail by 1. You can choose any Broncos player in their prime to take the shot at Goal to try and win the Grand Final. Who do you choose and why? - michael devere

1991, when I first started watching Winfield Cup. I had no local team being a Kiwi, but I had familial ties to Brisbane so I started watching as many games of theirs as I could. I got to know the players, loved the way they played the game, and the rest is history.

No, I've always followed the Broncos.

Without any coverage over here I don't follow it besides what I can read on here, but due to the familial ties mentioned above I always keep an eye on how the Dolphins are going - my dad also trialled for Redcliffe back in the early 80's.

I haven't missed a game at Ericsson/Mt Smart Stadium since 2000, it's now like an annual affair. If I lived in Brisbane I'd get out to every game, rain or shine.

Steve Renouf by far. Awesome player, a real star, and an inspiration to young kids with diabetes trying to get involved in sports like I was when he was around.

Justin Hodges.

1998, followed closely by 2006.

The semi-final 1993 against Canberra... we were sudden death all the way and we'd thrashed Manly the week before. I really HATED Canberra at the time, and so playing the way we did against them in the first half was mind blowing. I think we put on three or four unanswered tries, the one where Alf kicked for Peter Ryan to collect under the posts was my favourite specific memory from that game.

Peter Ryan as above; Berro against the Bulldogs in the 2006 semi-final where Hodgo put him away to race downfield and score while standing on his head; and Renouf against St George in the 1992 grand final, as mentioned countless times already.

Baz Berrigan, always a favourite of mine.

Scott Prince, or maybe Motu Tony. I had high hopes for him.

Karmichael Hunt.

I wouldn't mind Brent Tate back actually.

I remember being really upset when Pearl left.

I don't really feel that negatively towards anyone at the club. We'll see how the year pans out...

Fingers crossed, Steve Michaels.

Friday night or Saturday night, the latter in a cold, rainy, windy Mt Smart Stadium against the Warriors. Love it.

I'll definitely give him a chance.

There's always been blokes who have been reported to tear it up... Bott, Chris Walker, even Learoyd. I have no idea.

I see no reason not to chuck the ball to Mick De Vere. Mr. Reliable.

1.When and why did you start supporting the Broncos? Since about 1998. When i was like 6 - 8 years old

2.Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos? No

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team? No

4.Do you attend Broncos Games – If so how many? 2-3 Year, really depends.

5. Who is your all time Broncos player? Lockyer hands down

6. Who is your favourite current Broncos Player? Lockyer hands down

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final ? 2006 by far.

8. Excluding Grand Finals, what is your favourite Broncos moment? 2006 preliminary final try by hodges and berrigan.

9. What is your favourite all time Broncos Try? 2006 preliminary final try by hodges and berrigan.

10. Who is the most underrated Bronco of all time? Stuart kelly.

11.Which player failed to reach his potential the most while at the Broncos? Scott Prince

12. Who do you think should be the next captain of the Broncos? Hunt if he stays

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose? Robbie Farah

14. Which Bronco have you been most disappointed about leaving the Club? Petro

15. If you could cut any player from the current squad, who would it be? Staggy left, so none :)

16. Of the players yet to play representative football, who is most likely? Nick Kenny or Dave Taylor

17. What is your favourite time slot to watch the Broncos play? Friday night hands down

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose? I'm yet to see him perform or misperform, so can't really answer.

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win? Lockyer

20. It’s Manly 23 Broncos 18 In the Grand Final - the siren goes in the background and the Broncos score in the corner on the last play of the game to trail by 1. You can choose any Broncos player in their prime to take the shot at Goal to try and win the Grand Final. Who do you choose and why? De vere was the best goal kicker we ever had, in fact the only decent goal kicker i can remember.

About 2002. I liked the colours and was a big Tallis fan.

Nope.

Nope.

When they start playing games at George Brown Oval I'll go to them all.

Darren Lockyer

Locky, Wallace, Thaiday

2006 was great because I had bragging rights over all my Melbourne mates forever.

There were quite a few Darren/Denan ones in 08 that could qualify. Hard to think back any further.

David Stagg. Not a gifted player, but a hard worker and great defender, who spent a lot of time playing out of position without complaint.

Recently? Probably Ennis. Had he cut some of the hero crap out of his game he could've been the number 1 hooker in the game.

Peter Wallace

Steve Price

Lote Tuqiri

Based on form last year, Hodges. I'd give him the arse and spend his salary on Kemp and Boyd.

David Taylor

8:30 Friday night

I reckon he'll go great. If he moves on I want Benny back.

Maybe Lote?

20. It’s Manly 23 Broncos 18 In the Grand Final - the siren goes in the background and the Broncos score in the corner on the last play of the game to trail by 1. You can choose any Broncos player in their prime to take the shot at Goal to try and win the Grand Final. Who do you choose and why?[/quote]
22 year old Locky.

88. My family are massively into league, so when we got a team in the comp, I didn't have a choice.

I had a parramatta jersey as a kid, so paramatta .

Ipswich Jets - grew up here.

Nearly all the home games.

Alfie or Webke

Locky

06 semi against Bulldogs

So many - most recently lockyer/denan 2008 v parramatta

Barry Berrigan

Berrick Barnes.

Hunt

Petero.

Petero.

PJ Marsh.

Steve Michaels

Fridays

Bit early to tell, but yes - for better or worse it will be quite different having a coach who makes him self readily available to local media. I think Lockyer will be good there in the future.

Leon Bott

Tonie Carroll [icon_razz1 or Mick DeVere

1.When and why did you start supporting the Broncos? 1989 - I was 5, lived in Sydney and the Kid across the road told me to start supporting the Broncos, so I did and it stuck.

2.Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos? no

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team? no

4.Do you attend Broncos Games – If so how many? Only when they play in Canberra and maybe one in Sydney every year

5. Who is your all time Broncos player? Alf

6. Who is your favourite current Broncos Player? Locky

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final ? 1998, was a bit of a mismatch but it was awesome to watch us at our peak

8. Excluding Grand Finals, what is your favourite Broncos moment? Baby Broncos vs Wests Tigers, showed exactly what the club is about.

9. What is your favourite all time Broncos Try? Steve Renouf 1992 grand final length of the field effort

10. Who is the most underrated Bronco of all time? John Plath

11.Which player failed to reach his potential the most while at the Broncos? Brett Seymour

12. Who do you think should be the next captain of the Broncos? Karmichael Hunt

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose? Greg Inglis, dont give him a position, just let him float around anywhere on the field.

14. Which Bronco have you been most disappointed about leaving the Club? Brett Seymour

15. If you could cut any player from the current squad, who would it be? Boyd/Stagg/Perry are all gone so a tough one. Maybe Clinton, but he'll be good if he finds his best again.

16. Of the players yet to play representative football, who is most likely? Steve Michaels

17. What is your favourite time slot to watch the Broncos play? Saturday 5.30

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose? Yeh he is alright, someone from the outside would be good. Neil Henry one day maybe.

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win? Chris Walker I reckon

20. It’s Manly 23 Broncos 18 In the Grand Final - the siren goes in the background and the Broncos score in the corner on the last play of the game to trail by 1. You can choose any Broncos player in their prime to take the shot at Goal to try and win the Grand Final. Who do you choose and why? Michael De Vere easily

Started in the late 1990s. Was indoctrinated (to an extent) by mum and dad and they were the local team, were exciting to watch and had a quality lineup.

Nup.

Easts Tigers. They're just down the road really.

Roughly 6-8 a year. Always go the season opener.

Tonie Carroll. So damaging.

Nick Kenny and Steve Michaels as well.

2006 without a doubt. It was simply amazing to be there.

As has been mentioned, Lockyer's double post drop goal against the Titans and the Bulldogs Prelim in '06. Only found out I was going to the GF the week before and was in the absolute pits at halftime but over the moon by the end of it. Also, the match beforehand, where we beat the Knights 50-4 or whatever, was amazing as well especially considering the thrashing the Dragons gave us the week prior. And, as a kid, any game at ANZ. The view was terrible but the Broncs always won. Also a regular season game vs the Sharks at home in 2005 I think, one the most enterprising games ever.

The first one that comes to mind is Kemp's try in the corner after the siren against the Eels off Locky's crossfield kick.

Brent Tate.

Scott Prince.

Most people are saying Hunt but not entirely sure. I think Wallace will be one of the main contenders in a year or twos time.

Rather retain than recruit but a forward with endurance would be sweet. Someone like Anthony Laffranchi.

Lote. But it's been disappointing to see so many younger guys leaving over the past few seasons, especially Kemp, Hannant and Boyd. Berrick Barnes also.

PJ Marsh.

Nick Kenny or Dave Taylor I suppose.

Sunday afternoon at Suncorp. Always play well.

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose?Yep, it was a sensible decision. After him? I dunno. Hopefully he'll be around for a few years.

Chris Walker.

Michael de Vere (although Locky isn't bad from out wide, he usually struggled with the easy ones).

The day Wally signed for them.... cause Wally was awesome.

I followed the Magpies because I played for the Magpies in the local comp in Mackay Started Grade one stopped playing Grade9-10 when martial arts took over.

East Tigers because my best mates Brother plays for them... GO KEV, and over time I have grown to love em... plus the food and ground at Langlands IMO is nearly on par with Suncorp..... cheap awesome food and great atmosphere. Sure it doesn't hold 55000 people and well thats why Suncorp pips it but for good ole Footy at a great ground; nothing beats it.

All of them, unless they fall on a birthday or mothers day.....

Wally Lewis/Mick Handcock/Shane Webcke

Sammy T/Locky

All of them :) I was at the 2006 GF and that was awesome.

When Wally scored agaist manly took the line on cut an angle scored in the corner, got up both fists pumping leaning backon his heels screaming.... hang on that could be a QLD try.... dam my memory haha.... Darius Boyds trys are always great to watch, as was Berros against the Dogs when Willie nearly mowed him down...

I'm with Ethos, Kemps try is pretty bloody good.

Prince

Prince.

Hmmmm tough one, Hunt, Sammy maybe Wallace... had to choose, at one stage I remeber Parkers name being thrown around

Prince

Kemp. I still can't beleive we let this genuine finisher and game breaker go.... disgusting is the word that comes to mind... and I hope it comes back to bite **** head bruno in the ass.

Parker

Nick Kenny

Saturday Arvo

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose?Happy and after him Locky will be coach.

Bott

Michael de Vere or Locky

We roll this out every couple of years. It's always Interesting to see everyones answers!

1992/1993. My Dad made me sit down and watch a match of footy - he was from Brisbane, so it was the first Broncos/Dragons grand final. Loved it.

Nope

Nope

Only when they are down here in Canberra.

Langer, closely followed by Michael Hancock & Tallis. Langer was always a cheeky genius, Hancock & Tallis were just pure grit, power and speed.

Probably Lockyer.

Probably 2000 against the Roosters.

Probably the 17-8 win against Norths in 1994. Just a really well-orchestrated win, with some huge plays.

It happened oh, so often. Kerrod to Alfie, Alfie running at the line, having Carne or O'Neill or Sailor close by for a short pass, Langer through, flick to Renouf and it was all over red rover.

Matterson & Peter Ryan.

Scott Prince.

I reckon Hunt is too young - probably go to Corey Parker...

In his prime, I would have picked Daryl Halligan purely for goalkicking. Julian O'Neill was a shocker and Matterson was unreliable.

Priddis.

Clinton

Not sure - must admit I've lost a bit of interest in the new players. None of them really have any on-field character.

Saturday arvo's. Bloody NRL not letting the ABC show that timeslot anymore... [icon_non

Yes. Mal Meninga.

Leon Bott.

Matterson. He tended to always get them when they counted.

Well I was born the year that they entered the competition, and my old man was a big fan at the time so I got all the Broncos kids clothing. From then on I always loved the Broncos.

Definitely Not

Toowoomba Clydesdales -> Aspley Broncos -> Ipswich Jets

Every home game. I have season membership.

Shane Webcke

Darren Lockyer

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final?
2000 against the Roosters. Gritty win and I hate the Roosters.

Baby Broncos VS West Tigers a few years back. I think it was true Broncos fighting spirit and scared the rest of the NRL about the strength of our young guns.

Steve Renouf in the 1992 Grand Final, or the Lockyer - Kemp effort last year against the Eels.

Definitely Phil Lee. If only the bloke could keep his legs in one piece.

Berrick Barnes

Karmichael Hunt

Jamie Peacock or James Roby

Petero Civoniceva

None now the Ennis is gone.

Steve Michaels, Lagi Setu (if that counts)

Friday Night

Yeah, he should be able to make the hard decisions that W.B. seemingly didn't want to make with players that weren't in form. If he was gone, I want Big Mal.

Leon Bott

Mick De Vere - he's the best that we've had.

1.When and why did you start supporting the Broncos? 1990 I was to young before that.

2.Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos? no

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team Toowoomba Clydesdales

4.Do you attend Broncos Games – If so how many? yes 3 or 4 a year

5. Who is your all time Broncos player? To hard to split Hancock Langer Sailor Tallis Lockyer

6. Who is your favourite current Broncos Player? Hodges

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final ? 1998 and 2006

8. Excluding Grand Finals, what is your favourite Broncos moment? The lead up to the 2006 grand final.

9. What is your favourite all time Broncos Try? Lockyers Kick to Kemp to win the game right on full time last year.

10. Who is the most underrated Bronco of all time? David Stagg

11.Which player failed to reach his potential the most while at the Broncos? Scott Prince

12. Who do you think should be the next captain of the Broncos? Hunt

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose? Greg Inglis

14. Which Bronco have you been most disappointed about leaving the Club? Kemp

15. If you could cut any player from the current squad, who would it be? None

16. Of the players yet to play representative football, who is most likely? Steve Michaels

17. What is your favourite time slot to watch the Broncos play? Friday NIght

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose? Yes he should do well.

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win? Brent Tate

20. It’s Manly 23 Broncos 18 In the Grand Final - the siren goes in the background and the Broncos score in the corner on the last play of the game to trail by 1. You can choose any Broncos player in their prime to take the shot at Goal to try and win the Grand Final. Who do you choose and why? Darren Lockyer he would handle the pressure best.

1.When and why did you start supporting the Broncos? 1989 mates went for them was 9 at the time

2.Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos? Manly

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team? not really but would probably be norths devils

4.Do you attend Broncos Games – If so how many? yes about 5 or 6 a year

5. Who is your all time Broncos player? Steve Renouf

6. Who is your favourite current Broncos Player? Darren Lockyer

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final ? 2006

8. Excluding Grand Finals, what is your favourite Broncos moment? those golden point wins and also that last minute try by kemp last year against eels

9. What is your favourite all time Broncos Try? as above

10. Who is the most underrated Bronco of all time? Shaun Berrigan

11.Which player failed to reach his potential the most while at the Broncos? Scott Prince but only due to injury

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose? Johnathan Thurston

14. Which Bronco have you been most disappointed about leaving the Club? Michael Ennis

15. If you could cut any player from the current squad, who would it be? Dave Taylor

16. Of the players yet to play representative football, who is most likely? mmm most have cant think of one

17. What is your favourite time slot to watch the Broncos play? sunday arvo

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose? Yeah give hime a go, would like to see locky there if henjak goes

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win? Denan Kemp

20. It’s Manly 23 Broncos 18 In the Grand Final - the siren goes in the background and the Broncos score in the corner on the last play of the game to trail by 1. You can choose any Broncos player in their prime to take the shot at Goal to try and win the Grand Final. Who do you choose and why? Michael De Vere

1) When and why did you start supporting the Broncos?

Was a little kid in the really early days, I would say 'officially' 1997 - Super league. Knew what league was as a kid since I lived in the heart of canterbury, but I didn't support them even as a kid! haha.

2) Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos?

No, not officially I'd say. When I was a kid, Canberra was huge. (As were the broncs but earlier) I rooted for Canberra against Canterbury in a GF, that is about it.

Nope.

Yes - I've attended the Good friday clash against the chooks every year since we have won - I claim I am the lucky charm. A dogs/chooks game here and then if they are blockbusters. Some Sydney games here and there.

Lockyer. (Tallis and Langer are close - they all play a different part in my Broncos heart - but locky if I had to choose)

Lockyer

Toughest question of them all - I'd have to say 1998, don't get me wrong I loved 2006 for so many reasons but 1998 was when the Broncos were just THE BEST hands down. It was just awesome to see the team go.

I woudn't say 'moment' but the 2006 semi-final against the dogs is my favourite game ever. The Berro try was special.

Impossible to recall from memory but off the top of my head I'd have to say that Berro try above.

hmmmm tough, all the good players got recognised at the Broncs imo. (certainly in the modern era)

In my time I'd say Carlaw for sure, he was forming into something special but I have no idea what happened to him.

Hunt.
Everyone knows this player is captain material.

Hard question - assuming injuries don't count its a toss between SBW and GI, but I love the Broncos with firepower in the backline, we really put it on. Inglis it is.

Sailor - Tuquiri was the bomb but big Dell was awesome back in the day. It was actually sad to see him go crap in union as well.

Parker - his good but I can't think of anyone else to be completely honest with you. I've always pondered whether there was room for Parker in the 17.

Well Hoffman is a bolter imo if he gets enough time.

7:30 fri night .

No problems with Henjak - I wanna see how he goes. I would have liked John Lang actually.

Probably Tate.

If it's on Locky's good side, I'd love to see him step up to the plate to take it.

1.When and why did you start supporting the Broncos? 1988 - but more so from about 1990 (same as Coxy... when I discovered RLW it was all over - bought every copy in 91 and 92)

2.Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos? Not prior, but was a fan of the Panthers in the early 90's

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team - West Mitchelton.... none really now..

4.Do you attend Broncos Games – If so how many? Every game a few years ago when I was in the Black Zone... since returning from OS - I've been to a handful..

5. Who is your all time Broncos player? Locky, Willie Carne

6. Who is your favourite current Broncos Player? Lockyer

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final ? 2006 - the journey to that GF was amazing, 1992 - first premiership - very special

8. Excluding Grand Finals, what is your favourite Broncos moment? Without a doubt 2nd half 2006 semi final vs Bulldogs

9. What is your favourite all time Broncos Try? Berro in that above mentioned game, Kemps last second try last year, Renoufs 100m try in 93 (?)

10. Who is the most underrated Bronco of all time? Matterson, Stagg

11.Which player failed to reach his potential the most while at the Broncos? Prince, Kemp, Barnes

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose? I would bring back Denan Kemp

14. Which Bronco have you been most disappointed about leaving the Club? Prince, Kemp, Priddis

15. If you could cut any player from the current squad, who would it be? .....

17. What is your favourite time slot to watch the Broncos play? On TV - 7:30pm Friday nights, Live - Sunday arvo

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose? happy so far.. Matterson would be a good choice - as would Meninga

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win? Lote, Renouf or Brent Tate

*Edit... didn't read question correctly.... yeah... I would go Parker*

Unread

Active Now

• maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.