Broncos Survey

1.When and why did you start supporting the Broncos?
Since I can remember, about 92 if I was pressed for an answer.

2.Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos?
Nup

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team
Cyldesdales

4.Do you attend Broncos Games – If so how many?
All home games if possible.

5. Who is your all time Broncos player?
Alfie

6. Who is your favourite current Broncos Player?
Don't really have a favourite, like the whole team.

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final ?
1998 and 2006 tie.

8. Excluding Grand Finals, what is your favourite Broncos moment?
Smashing Newcastle at Marathon in the "Superbowl" match when they had a team of drug cheats. Honourable mention to the first Baby Broncos.

9. What is your favourite all time Broncos Try?
There are heaps but Berrigan's in 06 and the hot potato try against Cronulla (Can't remember the year.)

10. Who is the most underrated Bronco of all time?
Andrew Gee

11.Which player failed to reach his potential the most while at the Broncos?
Phillip Lee

12. Who do you think should be the next captain of the Broncos?
Hunt is the only one that sticks out

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose?
Steve Price

14. Which Bronco have you been most disappointed about leaving the Club?
Recently Denan Kemp

15. If you could cut any player from the current squad, who would it be?
Ben Teo

16. Of the players yet to play representative football, who is most likely?
Lagi Setu

17. What is your favourite time slot to watch the Broncos play?
Sunday arvo

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose?
Yes. Probably Alfie as he is assistant.

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win?
Walker's on

20. It’s Manly 23 Broncos 18 In the Grand Final - the siren goes in the background and the Broncos score in the corner on the last play of the game to trail by 1. You can choose any Broncos player in their prime to take the shot at Goal to try and win the Grand Final. Who do you choose and why?
Corey Parker. Yes I am serious, he is a fantastic sideline kicker.

1.When and why did you start supporting the Broncos? Inception. Was billed as like SOO every week, and I was itching for a Qld team to support. 18yo at the time.

2.Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos? Canterbury were sorta "my team" ... but no great passion about them.

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team ? Easts Tigers since I was 2 foot tall. Family history of supporting the Tigers and father is a life member.

4.Do you attend Broncos Games – If so how many? Had a season ticket until about 2 years ago, got too expensive for me considering I only want to attend about 5 games a year. Father still buys the seat, so I can pretty much pick when I want to go anyway. He is reaching retirement and can afford it a bit better than I. I buy him beers and food when I go. First game, and a few of the blockbusters is enough for me each year. And am not the least bit interested in attending Saturday night when I can watch 3 games back to back on TV. Would rather attend Monday night when nothing better to do, breaks up the week a bit.

5. Who is your all time favourite Broncos player? Tough one. Probly Michael Hancock. He might have run sideways a lot, but nobody can question his effort to promote the football up the field. When he was young, watching him bump off players was quite a sight.

6. Who is your favourite current Broncos Player? Dave Taylor. I just wish the guy would pull his finger out and be everything he can be. More talent than I have seen for a long, long time. And to date, I just think he has been used all wrong.

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final ? Probly the first one in 1992. We pretty much had the team to win one from day 1, but it took time. Was the ultimate "stick that one up ya cockies".

8. Excluding Grand Finals, what is your favourite Broncos moment? Smashing Manly, first game 1988. Of course I was there. We had arrived !

9. What is your favourite all time Broncos Try? I don't even remember who scored it. But I remember one day at ANZ stadium, was a daytime match. And we scored 2 tries very very late to beat Illawarra in the last minute. Did Brett Plowman score it ? I can't remember, but it was a hell of a finish. The one Kemp scored last year was pretty good to beat Parra, was one hell of a game.

10. Who is the most underrated Bronco of all time? Luke Priddis. I seriously believe we would have at least 1 and maybe 2 more premierships if we had hung onto him. We certainly had the forwards at the time, and he orchestrated them so well. He was in his prime. Worst recruitment move in our history imho. Worse than letting Prince go. I think we may regret losing Eastwood one day.

11.Which player failed to reach his potential the most while at the Broncos? Chris McKenna. I don't think he realised his potential anywhere and the fact that he played some Origin tells you what I thought of him. Carlaw, Julian O'Neill, Robbie Ross, Scott Prince, Michael Ryan, Chris Walker and Meyers are other obvious ones.

12. Who do you think should be the next captain of the Broncos? Hunt. My opinion of him has somewhat been tainted by his misdemeanors of recent times, but I just love a player that gees the team up. And he does it more than anybody we have had for many years.

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose? Trying to think of the best prop in the world that is in his prime, but its a tough one. Anthony Laffranchi is almost prop size i suppose.

14. Which Bronco have you been most disappointed about leaving the Club? Luke Priddis, see above. Can't say Scott Prince for this one, cause it took him a while after he left to hit stride. Well thats how I recall it anyway. When he left, I don't think many were disagreeing with the decision.

15. If you could cut any player from the current squad, who would it be? Mick DeVere. Time to move on.

16. Of the players yet to play representative football, who is most likely? Dave Taylor.

17. What is your favourite time slot to watch the Broncos play? Sunday arvo.

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose? No. But he is untried. In my mind, he doesn't get a long time to prove himself. I would have paid whatever it took to get Bellamy, and think they are crazy for not doing it. Every man has his price. We always hear how wealthy the Broncs are, and that they could pay a lot more than the cap allows, well here was their opportunity and they didn't take it. Sheer stupidity in my view. Bellamy aside. I would have gone for Terry Matterson I think.

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win? A 40m sprint is a LOT different to a 100m sprint. Leaves out a lot who were quick off the mark but couldn't sustain it.

I'll go for Dale Shearer. In his prime he was lightening fast. Honorable mention to Willie Carne. I remember seeing him take a couple of intercepts and running the length of the field. He was pretty quick in his prime.

20. It’s Manly 23 Broncos 18 In the Grand Final - the siren goes in the background and the Broncos score in the corner on the last play of the game to trail by 1. You can choose any Broncos player in their prime to take the shot at Goal to try and win the Grand Final. Who do you choose and why?

Which side of the field ? Lockyer or DeVere, on their respective good sides. Imagine how good a kicker Locky could have been if he practised like Hazem for a few years !

1.When and why did you start supporting the Broncos?
1988. i was only 9 and dad was a big league fan and i loved watching the games with him, our passion for the team grew together and remains today.

2.Did you support any NSWRL/ARL/NRL Team prior to the Broncos?
No.

3.Did you or do you support a QLD Cup Team
Central Comets, they are my local team.

4.Do you attend Broncos Games – If so how many?
I try to go to one per year, but as I now own and operate my own business getting down to brissy is pretty hard (note to NRL - if i knew more than five weeks in advance when brisbane were playing i might be able to get there)

5. Who is your all time Broncos player?
Darren Lockyer

6. Who is your favourite current Broncos Player?
Darren Lockyer

7. Which is your favourite Grand Final ?
92' the first!

8. Excluding Grand Finals, what is your favourite Broncos moment?
it was my 21st and the broncos were away to the sharks, i had managed to convince the place the venue the party was being held at to have fox on for the game so i could watch it. The dying stages of the match brisbane were down but attacking the sharks line and brad thorn put a kick up that wendell caught in the in goal and scored, then proceeded to do a peachy style celebration towards the cronulla supporters. Much to my delight and my brisbane hating mates dislike.

9. What is your favourite all time Broncos Try?
Allan Langer's in the Grand Final 92'

10. Who is the most underrated Bronco of all time?
Id have to say Terry Matterson as well.

11.Which player failed to reach his potential the most while at the Broncos?
Dane Carlaw - Dane just seemed to be ready to go off and something would set him back (injury) and then it seemed to mentally be hard for him to come back to form for a long time.

12. Who do you think should be the next captain of the Broncos?
Karmichael Hunt

13. If you could recruit any player in the world to play a season at the Broncos who would you choose?
Jonathan Thurston - with a natural leader like Lockyer beside him directing the play Thurston can just play football.

14. Which Bronco have you been most disappointed about leaving the Club?
Lote Tuquiri he was the first greg inglis before greg inglis

15. If you could cut any player from the current squad, who would it be?
I have to go on last season and say Clinton but only to answer the question, i hope he has a massive 09.

16. Of the players yet to play representative football, who is most likely?
Steve Michaels

17. What is your favourite time slot to watch the Broncos play?
Sunday afternoon 2pm game - live on Fox - due to the fact i have family/friends over cook up a bbq have a few drinks and everything is settled down by 5pm early dinner, early to bed!

18. Are you happy with Henjak as coach? If he moved on whom would you choose?
Extremely happy, i dont think he is going anywhere for a long time, his replacement will be Lockyer!

19. If every Bronco of all time in their prime were to have 100m Sprint, who do you think would win?
Michael Hancock

Corey Parker - the man is a rock when it comes to emotion, he seems to be able to keep his mindset during a match and always has the same game face on, no matter what is happening.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.