Broncos to Las Vegas

I'd rather they took Tonga vs Samoa during Origin to Las Vegas to see if they can even attract a crowd first

Take an NRL Magic Round to England instead, and invite the Super League Champions to play the NRL Premiers for the WCC trophy.

I'd rather they took Tonga vs Samoa during Origin to Las Vegas to see if they can even attract a crowd first

Take an NRL Magic Round to England instead, and invite the Super League Champions to play the NRL Premiers for the WCC trophy.
**** England, the time zones for Europe are soo bad for us it's just painful.

West Coast US isn't that bad, night games there are early Arvo games here, have a Saturday night game over there for a early Arvo Sunday game here it works well.

In England any game not played earlier then mid day is basically a mid night to 6am deal here, total shit.

Wait I just thought about it now, but if we are going to kick off the season in the US we can't make it a Friday night there for a Saturday arvo here, it would have to be a Thursday night/Friday arvo here, which wouldn't work for TV here at all, who the **** can watch the game in the middle of work hours on a friday??

Unless they are fine with have like 5 games in Saturday and Sunday or something, that would suck, the first game has to be in Australia especially since round 1 gets the most TV viewership usually in the regular season.

Wait I just thought about it now, but if we are going to kick off the season in the US we can't make it a Friday night there for a Saturday arvo here, it would have to be a Thursday night/Friday arvo here, which wouldn't work for TV here at all, who the **** can watch the game in the middle of work hours on a friday??

Unless they are fine with have like 5 games in Saturday and Sunday or something, that would suck, the first game has to be in Australia especially since round 1 gets the most TV viewership usually in the regular season.
You've thought about this more than the guys in charge... well done

Happy If You Say So GIF

These games need to be promoted properly beforehand otherwise they're wasting their time. Having a billboard isn't good enough. They'll need celebrity promotion. Hugh Jackman, The Wiggles, Russel Crowe, Snoop Dogg, Chris Hemsworth, all the pro wrestlers and UFC fighters that have ever worn a jersey when visiting Australia should all be contacted. In fact, get onto Dana White and work a deal to show massive hit highlight videos at an event. That's the crown this sport needs to target in America. Not the boring NFL loving fans. Get Daniel Vidot onto Triple H and Vince McMahon to help promote it.
Mark Hunt, Tuivasa, Volk for sure. maybe even Whitaker or Izzy would all proudly promote it. Margot Robbie, Rebel Wilson

Never been a better time in regards to celebrity endorsement to be honest

It seems the NRL are going to be doing it more than once, so in future events we should bring back the World Club Championship and play it over there.

Mark Hunt, Tuivasa, Volk for sure. maybe even Whitaker or Izzy would all proudly promote it. Margot Robbie, Rebel Wilson

Never been a better time in regards to celebrity endorsement to be honest
Beau Ryan could easily get the rock onboard.

I think this whole idiotic idea is all about trying to tap into the USA gambling market..
Cant think of another logical reason..

There is a NSWRL Digest article I've been trying to get to for 2 weeks, you don't know how right you are.

I can see the NRL showing here in prime time, which would mean a 7 hour delay if it kicks off at the usual 8 pm local time)

8pm Wednesday Las Vegas Time would be 1pm AEST Thursday

I can see the NRL showing here in prime time, which would mean a 7 hour delay if it kicks off at the usual 8 pm local time)

8pm Wednesday Las Vegas Time would be 1pm AEST Thursday

Perfectly primed for Sunday Afternoon footy telecast time here?

Yep imagine this scenario.

The NRL releases one of those unintentional rule explainer parody videos.

Then, the 3 people in the US who might think bout turning up because they couldn’t get tickets to whatever event they would have preferred to go to watch it and think ok sort of makes sense.

Basically, the 3 fans at the game or the 10 watching on tv will turn it off, shrug their shoulders and think well that was pretty random and move on with their lives, maybe think about purchasing NFL tickets earlier.
I know you jest but LV is sports mad. Obvioulsy gambling is a massive part but they've built a massive new stadium and are trying to get every sport to the city. They are co-funding this so the NRL isn't forking out 100% of the cost. Pretty confident that will get a massive crowd.

They should possibly look at playing the game a week earlier than round 1 to allow the sides to get back to Australia and get over any jet lag etc.

The teams that travel there will have a week off. They play their round one match, the following week the teams back here will play their round one matches and then Round two as per normal.

They got 20k people for an England vs NZ test in Denver, Vegas is much closer to big population centres and where the majority of Islanders in the US live who have heard of the game.

Combine that with several teams that will bring travelling fans with them from Aus, that will bring much more with them then the Eng/NZ test I would expect around 35-40k people tbh, any more then that would be a huge success.

Without us and Souths there it would probably take 10k off the possible travelling fans.

Daly Cherry-Evans:

“They played an Origin game in the 1980s so it’s not like it can’t be achieved. I think the first step is playing some NRL premiership games up and running over there and once the Americans get a taste of it, an Origin game would blow their minds. Logistically, it might be difficult taking an Origin game to Vegas in the middle of the season with travel, but I’m all for the game growing and if we need to take it internationally, I’d certainly be open to it.”​

Abdo:

“We are focused on the double-header premiership opportunity for the US for next year. It’s a long-term plan to grow a fan base in a large sports market. Making the premiership double header is our first priority.”​

Wayne Bennett:

“I love Vegas, it is my favourite place in America. I went to America 36 years ago and that Origin match was meant to be a game changer. It wasn’t quite that, but at least we had some great memories. Allan Langer came third in a male-modelling competition. America is a great nation and their sports fans would love rugby league.”​

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.