NEWS Broncos to meet potential Bennett successor

firstly, Souths will never be able to outbid us, so if it comes down to money and we really want Seibold, we will get him. especially given our facilities shit all over theirs

secondly, I'll wait for some source with the smallest shred of credibility to say that Madge is a done deal at the Tigers (especially as the rumours persist that the Tigers are interested in Bennett) ... I certainly won't be taking the word of some random that nobody has ever heard of

thirdly, I doubt Kevvie is out of the running just yet. one reporter even has him as front runner

Do you realise how much cash Souths have to dispose of?

Do you realise how much cash Souths have to dispose of?

not as much as we do ... nor do they have the facilities that we do.

if cash is the deciding factor, and we are prepared to open our wallets ... we wont lose out to anyone

if cash is the deciding factor, and we are prepared to open our wallets ... we wont lose out to anyone

And what's to stop Russell Crowe from chipping in the same way the thoroughbreds chipped in for Bennett...

He has a net worth of $95 million.. What we make in profit, he makes in a 5 minute cameo.

Except Melbourne Storm of course. Did we open our wallet to get Bellamy? If not, why?

Bellamy was just using us to push his number up, just like Smith does.

Madge took a premiership team and ran them into the ground. No reason to think we wouldn't do the same to us. Yeah he won a premiership, but finished 12th 2 seasons later. HARD pass.

Interesting question, not just for @Broncapz but for all........

We pride ourselves on being competitive and making the 8 basically every year

But who would take a premiership followed by missing the 8 for a couple of years, rather than no premiership but always making the 8?

But who would take a premiership followed by missing the 8 for a couple of years, rather than no premiership but always making the 8?

Well the broncos are in a long ass drought so a premiership is well overdue. At this point in time I’d rather a premiership than limp into the top 8 only to get annihilated in the first round of the finals.

Definately would rather be a team that gets a home final EVERY year. It wouldn't be too hard to string a couple of cheeky wins in a row to get a trophy.

Years where you don't make the finals SUCK. You're basically losing >50% of games.

That said, I believe JD has the potential be a dynasty coach. I don't think Madge or Walters have that in them.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.