NEWS Broncos to meet potential Bennett successor

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Demetriou  j   182007 jo 1 2

Brisbane Broncos to interview Wayne Bennett assistant Jason Demetriou for the head coach role

October 16, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
No chance. Thurston hates us more than Cameron Smith does it seems.

I've made my decision, and it's Madge, with fingers crossed he has learned from his mistakes at Souths

I wouldn't be upset with Siebold, but Kevvie and JD worry me somewhat

In the end I'll just have to trust the process and hope they get it right

I've made my decision, and it's Madge, with fingers crossed he has learned from his mistakes at Souths

1 Premiership, followed by a track record of mediocrity and failure. That's a hard no from me dawg.

As opposed to Seibold and JD who have won nothing

add Walters to that list ...

in fact the only one of the 4 that has won either an NRL or ESL premiership is Madge ... and he has won both

Give JD head coach and he will win something. Chicken and egg crap, even bill bellichick had to start somewhere.

Madge took a premiership team and ran them into the ground. No reason to think we wouldn't do the same to us. Yeah he won a premiership, but finished 12th 2 seasons later. HARD pass.

Madge took a premiership team and ran them into the ground. No reason to think we wouldn't do the same to us. Yeah he won a premiership, but finished 12th 2 seasons later. HARD pass.

He also took a team that had only made the finals once since 1989 and turned them into a premiership winning team..

yet Walter went to the easier comp and finished with a 37% winning record ... no reason to think he would do the same with us

I'm with you mate on Madge, but I think he's as good as gone to the Tiges unfortunately. It's down to Siebold and JD with it all hinging on what the Souths offer is - length of contract and $$$ amount. If it's too good to refuse then JD will be the chosen one I reckon with Siebold also having unfinished business with the rabbits leading him to re-sign with them.

I'm with you mate on Madge, but I think he's as good as gone to the Tiges unfortunately. It's down to Siebold and JD with it all hinging on what the Souths offer is - length of contract and $$$ amount. If it's too good to refuse then JD will be the chosen one I reckon with Siebold also having unfinished business with the rabbits leading him to re-sign with them.

firstly, Souths will never be able to outbid us, so if it comes down to money and we really want Seibold, we will get him. especially given our facilities shit all over theirs

secondly, I'll wait for some source with the smallest shred of credibility to say that Madge is a done deal at the Tigers (especially as the rumours persist that the Tigers are interested in Bennett) ... I certainly won't be taking the word of some random that nobody has ever heard of

thirdly, I doubt Kevvie is out of the running just yet. one reporter even has him as front runner

Active Now

• Santa
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.