Broncos trivia

Have the Broncos ever forfeited a game, if so when and who to

yes. 1996 vrs Auckland Warriors due to SL war

What is the highest number of tries that the Broncos have conceded in a single game. who were they playing and where was the game played.

Who tore us a new arse in the comp then tore his arse-poker nearly off his hand and allowed us to win a grand-final ??

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
Who tore us a new arse in the comp then tore his arse-poker nearly off his hand and allowed us to win a grand-final ??

Jason Stevens??

Yes....if he had of played the whole game, I reckon it would have been the GF Benny did'nt win. I clearly remember Stevens destroying us only a few weeks before. He was a colossus that day.

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
Yes....if he had of played the whole game, I reckon it would have been the GF Benny did'nt win. I clearly remember Stevens destroying us only a few weeks before. He was a colossus that day.

That'd be round 22 that year when St George won 16-10 at ANZ Stadium. IIRC, David Barnhill brushed past Kerrod Walters to score a soft soft try.

That'd probably be it I'd say. it was late in the season and I'd thought it was up here. It was actually a pretty big build up before the game I'm thinking. We could'nt stop Stevens that day and I was dreading his imput in the GF.Made comment at the time about how big a deal it was....

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
That'd probably be it I'd say. it was late in the season and I'd thought it was up here. It was actually a pretty big build up before the game I'm thinking. We could'nt stop Stevens that day and I was dreading his imput in the GF.Made comment at the time about how big a deal it was....

Yeah it was a huge build up! If the Broncos won they would've finished minor premiers. Lose and they finished 5th! Amazing how close it was at the end of that comp.

It was a Broncos club record crowd too, 58,000 odd. I think it was only eclipsed by the 1997 Super League Grand Final played at ANZ Stadium.

Which Broncos player made his State of origin debut after playing just 5 first grade games?

Nope. It's a player who made his first grade debut for the Broncos

Willie Carne? I know he debuted for Queensland the same year he debuted for the Broncos (1990).

Yep Willie Carne in Game 3 1990. He also went onto be the Broncos leading try scorer that season with 15 tries! Not a bad start to a career

Queensland's match winning try in 1994 involved a host of players who either played for or were on the coaching staff at the Broncos. Which of the participants in that try scoring play were never officially involved with the Broncos?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.