Broncos V Newcastle post match talk

Good point Burg and with Watmough and Cuthbertson they have excellent offloaders in their team and Ballin at 9 great like De Gois at exploiting lazy markers so unless something gets done during the week we could be in trouble next week.

shaneomac said:
i did notice that the play the balls from newcastle were good. allbeit may be outlawed soon. it seemed every step our markers took to get onside they were pushed out of the way by the person playing the ball running straight forward after it had been played. therefore not allowing our players to get straight in line and being constantly offside and ineffective.

wonder if there is some sort of rule about that or if it is another thing that will be gotten away with until the rule is written. that being said we still played like it was dry and thus all the errors and times we were taken out over the sideline.

I agree or the person playing the ball steps to the side making the markers look offside. That happened quite a few times last night and De Gois capitalised.

I am tired of our poor marker defense, lack of effective tackles and the amount of offloads that we concede. These are problems that we have had for years, and I don't understand why it hasn't been addressed yet.

Meh. Crap conditions, and the Broncos had to play catch up footy. gods were against us.

That's life.

That's why I'm an atheist. Even with a dual god system they still get it wrong.

I think to some extent it showed that we may not be doing as well as some may suggest. We've jusy scraped home in a number of games and been lucky in a few others. I hope they get these sleepy periods out of their game before we run up against too many sides in form, because last night the knights were running thru us like we weren't even there, wet or not... that's a worry. Anyways, next week we get to go around again! luv it!

Yep. At the risk of sounding like Phil Gould, I'm pretty sure I said to Rock and some others after last week's game against Parramatta that we still looked lacklustre and a decent team would beat us - and Newcastle would prove it this week.

Blammo!

I think in a lot of ways this will be Henjaks big test.

Can he motivate the players? There is definitley a malaise atm. A talented malaise, but a malaise nonethelss.

Chumba said:
I think to some extent it showed that we may not be doing as well as some may suggest. We've jusy scraped home in a number of games and been lucky in a few others. I hope they get these sleepy periods out of their game before we run up against too many sides in form, because last night the knights were running thru us like we weren't even there, wet or not... that's a worry. Anyways, next week we get to go around again! luv it!

I agree. We haven't beaten a side with even moderate form convincingly.

I don't know what to make of our team, the fact we are equal 1st is a reflection of the mediocre comp.

Congrates to the NRL, they are slowly but surely getting to where they wanted to be, an even comp where any team can win, but have also created the weakest overall comp I can remember. [icon_thumbs_do

Hard to argue. Imagine Broncos 1998 in this comp? We'd go through unbeaten.

And they want more teams. The more I see the more I am convinced that 12 teams absolute max is the way to go.

It is just so obvious. The style of play which has developed with patterns in attack has happened because coaches have had to compensate for their squads lacking ability.

Watching the Cows the other night really rammed that home. They would get beaten every week without Thurston.
His manager should get him the f@#k out of there if he wants him to last much longer.

Coxyz said:
Yep. At the risk of sounding like Phil Gould, I'm pretty sure I said to Rock and some others after last week's game against Parramatta that we still looked lacklustre and a decent team would beat us - and Newcastle would prove it this week.

Blammo!

Yes, predicted loss in a way. With talent spread so far, If you don't turn up to play against a hungry and enthusiastic side. You will get done.

This is further adding to the '1998' team comment. Unfortunately we won't get teams like that again, which is a shame, I read a player somewhere said he would not have become the player he was if he didnt get to play against those powerhouse sides in his time (brisbane/canberra), I think it was Joey, I'm not sure. I guess there were too many thrashings back in the day, but that is just how it was!!! Even looking back to the dogs of war of 2004, they had the shittest backline out and not one great ball player (unless you count Anasta). I have not really seen a powerhouse team since then.

I was very disappointed with our defence, especially our goal line defence; you can not slide on your own line! We looked weak physically as well. I think our young guys are starting to be found out as well.

Agree about Michaels, to try and beat a player on their outside in those conditions is madness!

Coxyz said:
Hard to argue. Imagine Broncos 1998 in this comp? We'd go through unbeaten.

In the 90's players were allowed to tackle. They were allowed to contest the scrum. What happens if players screw the scrum in this day and age? Probably sin binned. (Oh!Too harsh! They don't really do that for the right reasons anymore) The list goes on. Fast becoming a soft game. Not the fault of the players by any means but the powers that be.

We are not a great side. We have not been a great side for some years now. We have been imo 'lucky' in many cases and fortunate to have had the best coach, in the past that got us through.

rant/

Unread

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Battler
  • pennywisealfie
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.