Broncos V St Dell Dragons *spoilers*

Meh...Origin time and players out of position.

Ennis....simply can't wait till he's gone and Ballin or (let me dream) Berro comes back to take over Hooker. Even as a halfback he goes himself. The man has no idea what team sport means. Even when he kicks "for his outside backs", the outside backs don't know about it.

P.S. Parker....everyone is praising his wide running? Not me; if you are a 2ndrower palying wide, you are meant to break tackles and offload to fast men. He forgot his gameplan, kept trying to go around and time after time came up loser.

Has potential as the wide runner, however in a full strength side, he'd be in my rucks, with Thaiday wide. Good to see him back up, drop Sims and play him next game.

Also, I think out of every NRL player, Parker has the most potential to be an Oztag Australian Rep....with all his spins!

Clintos said:
4. Emmett - I've got plenty of time for Emmett. Strong defensive performance, and i'm disappointed he didn't get more ball in attack.

I'm a fan of Emmett as well. The problem for him is that he's only selected during Origin time, meaning that, as you said, he never gets enough ball. I'd like to see him given a chance with Locky and Wallace in the halves.

After reading through the thread (very entertaining I must add [icon_lol1. ) I agree with what's been said about Stagg at five-eighth. Terrible performance but not his fault, he's not a 5/8

And what a debut for Hoffman! Some of those takes were amazing and he always looked dangerous on kick returns. Needs to work on his positional play though but that'll come in time.

Clinton back to qld cup for a few rounds my friend, im sick of giving him more chances than he deserves.
Sims should have been the best player out there going against his old team.
Ennis not a halfback and obviously not a talker with all his kicks and no one chasing.

Best was Hoffman,Parker and eastwood.

Put Moon at 5/8 next time WB we're begging ya.

I just don't want stagg ay 5/8, its such a wb thing...

I hate seeing second rowers in half or hooker positions. Anyone remember champion at hooker during origin? *shudders*

What is going on with all the Clinton bashing?? He dropped the ball once and made 140 odd metres in attack. Get off his back some people here have no idea. If any one is going to QLD cup it is Sims, the clown kept passing the ball instead of hitting it up ffs.

Beads6 said:
What is going on with all the Clinton bashing?? He dropped the ball once and made 140 odd metres in attack. Get off his back some people here have no idea.

Spot on, Clinton was very solid for us in the front row, nothing outstanding, just went about his business.

bob the Smasher said:
I just don't want stagg ay 5/8, its such a wb thing...

I hate seeing second rowers in half or hooker positions. Anyone remember champion at hooker during origin? *shudders*

Even Carroll at 5/8 was painful, why the hell does he kepp doing it :evil:

Frank the Tank said:
Beads6 said:
At full strength Stagg should be in the centres IMO.
[icon_lol1.

hed go from mediocre second rower to worst 5/8th in the game, to worst centre in the game. he couldnt attack himself out of a paper bag, hes useless with the ball in his hands. hes useless without the ball too though, but he must play bingo at the old mans home with bennett every weekend so hes in the team.

2006 I rest my case!!!!

He won a premiership ring after playing in the centres. [icon_drun

I cant wait for bennet to hurry up and leave so we never have to even entertain the thought of stagg at 5/8th or centre. sod off old man

Frank the Tank said:
Beads6 said:
2006 I rest my case!!!!

He won a premiership ring after playing in the centres. [icon_drun
oh thats right, i forgot that the TEAM winning means that every player in the team is the best in that position! quick, get word out to bennett to have Perry in halfback permanently, drop wallace! we won a premiership with perry playing at halfback, hes obviously the best halfback in the game.

You are a twat. I never said Stagg is a great centre, STagg needs to be in the side and playing him at centre provides us with a quality defender in a position we are light on at the moment because of the Hodges suspension and the Michaels injury. The difference between Perry and Stagg is that Stagg at least offers something to the team.

Far out. Stagg and Perry both did their job for the 2006 premiership. They were part of it when the Broncos put it all together. They weren't world beaters and nobody says they're anything but adequate.

Stagg playing centre is fine if there's no other options. He can run the ball an defence. And he can draw and pass if necessary.

He's not good enough to play five-eighth without a decent halfback alongside him though, and it's frustrating as hell that he keeps being put there.

Not now, no. Not when there's better options.

Frank the Tank said:
but we won a premiership with perry at halfback? that was youre entire case for having stagg at centre remember? you said '2006 I rest my case!!!'......

We have a better option at halfback this season, Our centre stocks are pretty thin IMO. In a perfect world Stagg wouldn't be in the side but injuries and rep duties give us little choice.

Corey and Hoffman were easily our best last night, with strong performances from Clinton (2nd week running!) and Eastwood.

We had enough chances to win the game but we just didnt have the firepower up the middle or out wide to hurt the Dragons, whereas they did.

Morris boys and Soward were outstanding, as was Ryles. I really dont know why they want to get rid of him! Also why did they let Josh Morris go?? He was all over Emmett last night.

Oh and Robinson needs to go. Pick someone else!

Stagg does nothing at 5/8, once again. :D
I like Watkins he played a solid game. Moon realy need to play 5/8 though, he was probly the best kicker in the team aswell.
Parker and Hoffman played a mad game too.
When i saw Clinton come charging onto that ball i was like oh god he is going to smash everyone and run like 50 metres... but he dropped the ball [icon_frown
Oh and why has Kenny been dropped? :|

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • Stix
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • whykickamoocow
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • kman
  • lynx000
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Porthoz
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.