Broncos v Titans build-up thread

J

Jargernaut

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
if i was picking i would go with this side with one eye on the future and the other adding some youthfull enthusasim to push us up the ladder.

1. Hoffman - our number one with k moving on
2. Michaels - he has some speed and a decent fend at times
3. QLD Cup Centre - someone who has a rep for defending and can setup his winger
4. Hodges - He has impressed me so much in his last two matches, his lead in the post origin huddle showed how other players respect him
5. Winterstein - just get him in space and he get over the line, hodges can move out to the wing to defend the kicks
6. K Hunt - not the best ball player to wear the 6 of the broncos but he can pass and he can run
7. Wallace - not in the best form but he is trying
8. Kenny - this man is our future forward leader, he can hit, he needs to rattle a few high profile cages and then the fear will come, bailey could be his first target.
9. McCullough - most of us here rate this bloke let him play the 80.
10. Clinton - except for friday night his trademark million kms an hour running has started to feature more often
11. Williams - as some have said he is a bit raw but has been solid in his limited outings (he loves the broncos)
12. Thiaday - he needs to be a little more aggressive but he is going off atm!
13. Parker - our most consistant player this season, without being outstanding but he is playing very well

14. Carroll - still good value
15. Glenn - can fill a number of spots but should come on in the backrow ( could be used as a running 5/8th if absolutely necessary)
16. McGuire - has got some mungrel but has settled down since earlier this year
17. Taylor - looks to be trying to impress so could be good value for the rest of the season ( maybe knowing where he stands has helped him)

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Shaun God Berrigan...... I would love for him to come back, he's a champion player, sadly he went :(
Let's get Webcke out of retirement lol.

DIEHARD

DIEHARD

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'm looking forward to the derby once again, it'll be a fierce contest, even if the Broncos are down on players. The Broncos season is on the line.

Is Lockyer truly out? Something tells me if there is even a chance, he will play against us.

Also for those of you who haven't gotten tickets yet, there still are some left! http://www.ticketek.com.au

titansvbroncos.gif

icon_thumbs_u

Over our side of the fence, we are sweating on the fitness of Friend, he busted his ankle on Friday night, but the trooper played on! At this point, looks like he will play.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
1. J.Hoffman
2. Winterstein
3. Hodges
4. K. Hunt
5. S. Michaels
6. P. wallace
7. B. Hunt
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Teo

14. Taylor
15. McGuire
16. Williams
17. Glen

There will definately be some changes this week, this is a little different but maybe worth a try

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'd name Michaels with an extended bench- then drop Michaels prior to game. Have the Titties work on their right side attack all week- then put in a solid defender there. Carol on Defense perhaps?

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Thaiday may be out for a lengthy period so doubt he'll play.

Will be staying home watching this one as after our recent efforts I'm afraid I can't be bothered fighting the Friday arve traffic to get down the coast for the game, especially as it is a nightmare at the best of times let alone in peak hour too boot.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Russo said:

Will be staying home watching this one as after our recent efforts I'm afraid I can't be bothered fighting the Friday arve traffic to get down the coast for the game, especially as it is a nightmare at the best of times let alone in peak hour too boot.

+1

Was considering rearranging my work schedule to spend Friday on the coast...not now.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Russo said:

+1

Was considering rearranging my work schedule to spend Friday on the coast...not now.

unfortunately i bought tickets about a week and a half ago before the latest massacre

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Russo said:

Where did you hear this? The last I heard he was only expected to be out for a week.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
It was reported today, Courier mail I think. They said his rib injury was shaping up like it was much worse than thought. He is going for more checkups to confirm it.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I got my tickets when they first went on sale so I'll obviously be there for sure. Had an awesome time last year. We're a long shot to win but I'm hoping for something special. They need to deliver after last week's debacle.

A

Abe The Cop

QCup Player
Mar 13, 2008
Jeba said:
1. K Hunt
2. Winterstein
3. Hodges
4. Copley
5. Hoffman
6. Wallace
7. B Hunt
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Glenn
-------------------
14. Taylor
15. Carroll
16. McGuire
17. Williams
I'd be happy if that team was named. [icon_pray. Of course, i can't see that big of a chance of it happening. [eusa_doh

DIEHARD

DIEHARD

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Local derby tickets still available
Adam Gardini

Despite incorrect reports of a sell-out, there are still tickets available for Friday night’s eagerly anticipated local derby between the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans and Brisbane Broncos at Skilled Park.

As of 4pm today, more than 9000 tickets remain available for the clash between the third-placed Jetstar Titans and ninth-placed Broncos

The match provides the Jetstar Titans with a chance to exact revenge for their 32-18 loss to the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium in May.

The Jetstar Titans have won two of the five matches played against the Broncos since the Gold Coast-Brisbane rivalry was re-born in 2007.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
1. K Hunt
2. A. Winterstein
3. J. Hoffman
4. D. Copley
5. S. Michaels
6. J. Hodges
7. P. Wallace
8. D. Taylor
9. A. McCullogh
10. J. Clinton
11. S. Thaiday
12. J. McGuire
13. C. Parker (c)
14. A. Gorrell
15. N. Kenny
16. L. Setu
17. T. Carroll

Experimental, but worth a shot.

However, I think we'll go with the same old.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Mister Wright said:
1. K Hunt
2. A. Winterstein
3. J. Hoffman
4. D. Copley
5. S. Michaels
6. J. Hodges
7. P. Wallace
8. D. Taylor
9. A. McCullogh
10. J. Clinton
11. S. Thaiday
12. J. McGuire
13. C. Parker (c)
14. A. Gorrell
15. N. Kenny
16. L. Setu
17. T. Carroll

Experimental, but worth a shot.

However, I think we'll go with the same old.
That is very experimental and I don't think it is worth it and we aren't that desperate. I wouldn't try something like this unless is was 100% that we wouldn't make the top 8.

Hodges at FE won't work at all and is rather pointless unless you have a very dominant Hooker and Halfback who can handle calling the shots themselves (which we don't have atm) as Hodges would obviously be a ball running FE. Would rather swap Hunt, Hodges and Hoffman all around so Hunt is at FE. But IMO the best choice would be to bring in Bowman who has been playing consistently well in QLD Cup for 18months.

Also no Alex Glenn = epic fail.

I think it would be more beneficial if you swapped Kenny and Taylor around.

I think we should have a bench of all forwards as McCullough should play the 80 mins. Swap Glenn for Gorrell. If you must have a hooker on the bench then I would blood Scott Smith. He isn't contracted with us though... So I dunno..

All in all I don't think this would be worth it until later in the year if we are certainties to miss the 8.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Thaiday is very likely to be out... heard tonight from a very reliable source.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Astro
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.