Broncos v Titans build-up thread

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
I reckon we will see the exact same team as last week.

Something that I want to see is Ivan to put Alex Glenn in the back row and let him play 60-80 mins every game for the rest of the year and don't move him! Has he even gone two or 3 games in a row playing the same position this year?
If we really need him in the backs then at least play him in the centres not on the wing! It really stumps my as to why him and Michaels can't swap.. I think it would benefit everyone and we would be using players to more of their ability.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
DIEHARD said:
Local derby tickets still available
Adam Gardini

Despite incorrect reports of a sell-out, there are still tickets available for Friday night’s eagerly anticipated local derby between the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans and Brisbane Broncos at Skilled Park.

As of 4pm today, more than 9000 tickets remain available for the clash between the third-placed Jetstar Titans and ninth-placed Broncos

The match provides the Jetstar Titans with a chance to exact revenge for their 32-18 loss to the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium in May.

The Jetstar Titans have won two of the five matches played against the Broncos since the Gold Coast-Brisbane rivalry was re-born in 2007.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

9000 tickets left? That's disgraceful! That's what a third of the capacity of the stadium?

Titans crowds have been very ordinary this year. I hope they're not going the way of every other gold coast team in the past. Novelty factor worn off?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Would you pay to go and watch us play ATM. I had intended to go to Skilled but I just can't be bothered.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah but I would think if the Titans have all these wonderful fans they'd be lining up to see them smash their big brothers!

I noticed hardly any of them at Suncorp last week for the double penetrat....errr, header. And in fact, I left when the Bulldogs went up 22-6. I got to Milton station and waiting on the platform was a group of 4 Titans fans!

FFS, classy. Leave with more than 20 minutes to go. Pathetic.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
OFFICIAL Team to play the Titans at Skilled Park:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Justin Hodges
5. Alex Glenn
6. Aaron Gorrell
7. Peter Wallace
8. David Taylor
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joel Clinton
11. Guy Williams
12. Ben Te’o
13. Corey Parker ©
Reserves:
14. Josh Hoffman
15. Lagi Setu
16. Josh McGuire
17. Ashton Sims
18. Aaron Sweeney

The Broncos will again be without the services of Darren Lockyer, Israel Folau and Sam Thaiday, while Tonie Carroll was also left out of the team coach Ivan Henjak named today.

Carroll has a swollen knee after accidentally collecting referee Tony De La Heras last week and has not run at training at all.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... y&id=18523

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
LOLZ, swollen knee...I think he got the better end of the deal.

Hoping they're doing what Mal was talking about. End up playing Hoffman on the wing, Glenn in the centres, Michaels left right out.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Jesus. That team depresses me.

Titties by a bajillion.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Foordy said:
Coxy said:

Hoping they're doing what Mal was talking about. End up playing Hoffman on the wing, Glenn in the centres, Michaels left right out.

unfortunately after reading the CM article that looks doubtful

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

Well they're not going to select him then say "he's not going to play" are they? :P

In fact, given they've left Carroll out I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they make a late reshuffle.

Hoffman to wing. Glenn to centre. Carroll to bench. Sims and Michaels drop out.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Foordy said:
Coxy said:

unfortunately after reading the CM article that looks doubtful

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

Well they're not going to select him then say "he's not going to play" are they? :P

In fact, given they've left Carroll out I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they make a late reshuffle.

Hoffman to wing. Glenn to centre. Carroll to bench. Sims and Michaels drop out.

[icon_pray.

With the team that is named, we may as well not turn up. It's a shocker.

Also I don't agree with Taylor playing front row. His recent success is because of him running wide FFS!!!!!

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Haven't been on the forums much lately but golly that team is cod ordinary.

Can't believe Michaels is still there and Gorrell at five-eighth is pretty poor. Not to mention the lack of impact off the bench, I can't understand the point of having Hoffman there. I'd much rather start with Hoffman at the back, Hunt in the halves and leave Gorrell out altogether.

And looking at the Titans forwards, they're going to pummel us.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If we somehow get a win on Friday we will be back in the 8 because the Cowboys and Panthers are playing each other and the have the same points as us

J

joshobro

NYC Player
Jun 22, 2009
Awesome congrats Henjack you pathetic excuse for a coach, Michaels and Gorrell still in the team. 49 tackles misses this year by Michaels. Awesome to have a centre who is a turnstyle. Goodbye finals!!!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Titans OFFICIAL team;

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Esi Tonga
4 Brett Delaney
5 David Mead
6 Preston Campbell
7 Scott Prince ©
8 Luke Bailey ©
9 Nathan Friend
10 Michael Henderson
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 Matt White
15 Aaron Cannings
16 Brad Meyers
17 Kayne Lawton
18 Ian Lacey

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
We can only hope for a miracle ...... Henjak has no friggin' idea if he keeps Michaels in the centres after the last few games

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I really can't watch the Broncos at the moment the poor selections continue and Henjak has shown he is all talk.. I remember at the start of the season he was saying how he wouldn't be afraid to make changes and drop players.. Why oh why would Gorrell get selected at 5/8th he can't even play his preferred position of hooker any good... FFS Henjak take a good long hard look at yourself and make some changes...

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Yem
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.