10. Joel Clinton
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Guy Williams
13. Corey Parker

14. Alex Glenn
15. Ashton Sims
16. Dave Taylor
17. Tonie Carroll icon_thumbs_u

Hodges and Folau on the same side one of our strengths AFAIC. They've looked good in attack when playing together, and that also sometimes forces the opposition to compress their defence on that side, and gives us a better shot at their left.

The great Matty Sing played for the Comets today - drop Michaels and bring in Singy icon_thumbs_u

This is what I expect:
1.Karmichael Hunt
2.Antonio Winterstein
3.Steve Michaels
4.Justin Hodges
5.Israel Folau
6.Darren Lockyer
7.Peter Wallace
8.Joel Clinton
9.Andrew McCullough
10.Josh McGuire
11.Alex Glenn
12.Sam Thaiday
13.Corey parker

14.Aaron Gorrell
15.Ashton Sims
16.Guy Williams
17.Dave Taylor/any props from QLD cup

18.Dale Copley (in case Hodgo/Izzy can't play)

I hope Sims doesn't start ahead of Glenn because we need Taylor and Sims to come off the bench and play front row.
I'm liking Guy Williams. He really just popped out of nowhere lol. No one was expecting him to get the call up but he is definitely deserving of it. I don't get to see much QLD cup but does anyone know how any of our front rowers are going in it? Like Hancock/Sweeney or someone because I really don't think Wapau and Setu are deserving of playing and Taylor is only playing because we need front rowers in the team.

Jeba said:
The great Matty Sing played for the Comets today - drop Michaels and bring in Singy icon_thumbs_u

He also had bugger all match fitness apparently. Was blowing chunks at various stages of the game.

That said, he's no different to Dave Taylor then...

Broncos should annihilate us on current form, and put this wretched team out of our misery. We don't know how to score points, so pretty much all you have to do is get 2 tries or more and we are guaranteed to fail. From memory we haven't scored over 14 points in about 7 matches now...
I wouldn't even waste your top flight players against us - use it as a chance to experiment and blood some youngsters, they will have a field day.
The only real risk for the Broncos is that your more defense-oriented players may actually drop dead of boredom. We seriously have no attacking structure whatsoever; our raids can easily be countered by defenders with the play-reading equivalent of literacy for 5 year olds.
The only player who's even a minor threat is Kevin Locke. Personally I think he should sign up with a semi decent club and get the hell out of Auckland asap, lest he catch the fatal and highly contagious footballing mediocrity that has infested our ranks.

NZ have performed solidly in their recent visits to Lang Park so they are a big chance. I'd like to think we could win but some of our guys will be playing their third game in nine days so it means the rest of the squad need to step up. We can't afford any passangers this week, it's must win.

Warriors always lift for the Broncos. It was the Broncos' best performance of the year to beat them in Auckland earlier this year.

They'll need to be almost as good to win at home too.

1. Hunt
2. Winterstien
3. Cople
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Mcguire
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Sim
15. Williams
16. McCullough
17. Sweeney/handcock.

Didn't you see Gorel miss that tackle on that twig mortimer? gorel doesn't deserve to start!

I am willing to tip the Broncos to awake from there slumber this Friday night.. Folau and Hodges back those 2 will carve the Warriors a new one.... Positive thoughts..

Beads6 said:
I am willing to tip the Broncos to awake from there slumber this Friday night.. Folau and Hodges back those 2 will carve the Warriors a new one.... Positive thoughts..

[icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray.

Stacey Jones been struggling lately but you'd think the lil general can spot holes in the defense line and with the Broncos line inviting teams to score 40+ recently I dont see why this wont be another tryfest, warriors always lift against us
Tonie Carroll wont be with us till after the bye?

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Justin Hodges
5. Israel Folau
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joel Clinton
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:
14. Lagi Setu
15. David Taylor
16. Guy Williams
17. Tonie Carroll

http://broncos.sportal.net.au/default.aspx?s=team

Pumba said:
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Justin Hodges
5. Israel Folau
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joel Clinton
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:
14. Lagi Setu
15. David Taylor
16. Guy Williams
17. Tonie Carroll

http://broncos.sportal.net.au/default.aspx?s=team

That bench is awful, except for....guy williams. Tonie Carroll remains to be seen.

Great to see Alex Glenn in the starting line up in the 2nd row where he belongs.

No Sims, eh eusa_think Is teo still suspended?

The more I look at that pack the more I see the Warriors rolling over the top of us.

It's essentially the starting line up I had in mind.

Bench doesn't make a lot of sense. Sims as average as he's been has been much better than Setu and Taylor who are extremely sloppy.

No problems with Williams being there, he's obviously putting in.

Carroll...Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb.

I don't think Setu or Taylor deserve to be in the side. and i think that Taylor is still there because of Kenny's injury. I would have also dropped Setu and added another prop to the bench.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Maroon4life
  • LittleDavey
  • Inknition
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Cavalo
  • sooticus
  • something
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • DrGee
  • bb_gun
  • Bish
  • Pablo
  • levikaden
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.