Broncos v Warriors - Build Up Thread

mrslong said:
The more I look at that pack the more I see the Warriors rolling over the top of us.

I think the starting pack is fine, the bench though could be a worry.

I'm still reserving my judgement on Williams until i see him play a bit more.

The bench is shit, but who do we pick? Setu is shit. Taylor is shit. Sims is shit. Wapau is shit. Te'o is injured and shit (or suspended?).

Do we try Handcock? Sweeney?

Honestly this is the weakest bunch of numbnuts the Broncos have had to pick from since 1991. We've never been such a popgun pack before, ever.

I agreee Coxy the bench is rubbish and if it doesn't perform we are screwed.. I am also worried about McCullough playing 80 mins at hooker... Worst depth ever at the moment... Setu has been a waste of money I hope he performs the way we know he can... As for Taylor I'd pick Webcke over him after his last few displays...

worst pack ever
worst bench ever

welcome to the appocolypse :( it's the end of the world :( the sky is falling etc etc etc

the backline is pretty tidy though.

As I said, 1991. We had a kick arse backline then, but a popgun pack. Result? We missed the finals.

Will history repeat?

Unlikely while we have a top 8, but still.
Put it this way, if we beat the Warriors this week, struggle over the bye next week, and then beat the Rabbitohs in a cripple fight 2 days after Origin 3, then we'll be entrenched in that leading pack of 9, and have a 5 point gap or more on Warriors and Souths.

Lose one we're struggling, lose both we're in deep shit.

Broncos website also has Josh Hoffman on the bench to cover for Hunt if he doesn't make it.

Lose both and with any luck that will be the end of BRUNO and his bright ideas.... Bruno wanted Bennett gone so he could be coach and CEO the turd..

Honestly, I was and am a fan of Setu, but he has not been up to scratch this year. Glenn starting is a good move, he has been busting his gut all season.

If you had been watching us play recently, you would all be a lot more positive about the game this Friday. Broncos by 26, Michaels to get a double.

Starting side is good, not sure about the bench though.

Seems the side has changed since this morning eusa_think

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Justin Hodges
5. Israel Folau
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joel Clinton
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:
14. Guy Williams
15. Lagi Setu
16. Tonie Carroll
17. Josh Hoffman
18. David Taylor

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... y&id=17880

I'm interested to see how Glenn goes in the second row.

I thought Carroll wasn't going to play until Round 19??? I'd really rather he didn't play this Friday.

I think our bench is a massive liability with both Tunza and Taylor on it... All we need is an injury to a forward and we are screwed... Tunza will be used as an impact player and I have no doubt he will do a great job... Taylor on the other hand needs to be replaced by SIMS IMO.

Taylor is actually named at 18. Hoffman is 17.

As for those saying Carroll wasn't going to play until round 19, the press release yesterday just said how he would be used would be up to the discretion of the coaching staff.

I'm not sold on re-signing Carroll. Reeks of desperation.

Good to see Glenn tried in the 2nd row where i think he is best suited. Williams has been putting in a big effort from what I have seen and deserves his spot.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • kiwibronco
  • Bucking Beads
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • barker
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.