Broncos v Warriors in-game *spoilers*

H

HITMAN82

BRL Player
Jun 4, 2008
oh and the game pretty much went as i predicted - we can't score points. Not even God could save us in that game.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
HITMAN82 said:
oh and the game pretty much went as i predicted - we can't score points. Not even God could save us in that game.
Move Locke or even Kemp to fullback. McKinnon stifles the play incredibly, actually so does Hohaia.... [eusa_doh I feel sorry for Stacey Jones who tries to create something, passes to either one of those guys and it hits the wall. [eusa_doh [eusa_doh

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
McKinnon would have had two tries if his boofhead forwards had looked inside instead of chucking it over the sideline.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Je$ter said:
Steve said:
On a side note what's the deal with concussions? Surely we weren't in that much trouble that Hodges needed to come back on when Folau did his ankle? I heard he was concussed after a knock in the first half and was benched and labelled "not to return".

And whilst everyone was marvelling at Clinton's courage let's not forget he was smashed 5-7 minutes earlier before Ropati laid him out. After the first hit I watched him stumbling around like a drunk. ABC Radio said he was meant to come off but brushed off the trainer.

Is anyone else on here familiar with concussions and if so can you tell me if there are varying levels? Because I've read of players who have been concussed and been subsequently ruled out of the following week's game because it's so serious. If this is the case I can't help but be mystified as to why Hodges returned to the field and why Clinton wasn't forcibly hooked before he was "Ropati'd" and sent to hospital.

Anyway I'm glad Clinton is ok. The Ropati hit happened right in front of us and it was sickening. I know I wouldn't have gotten up.

There is 3 levels of concussion. Depending on what level of concussion a player gets determines when they should return to playing. Judging by what most guidelines say Clinton should be returning in a 2-4wk time frame.

Have a look at this paper here http://www.impacttest.com/ArticlesPage_images/Articles_Docs/5BCurrentIssuesinManagingJAMA1999.pdf for a bit more info.

Yep even in Oztag there's rules about head knocks (at least at rep level). If you lose consciousness, even for a moment, you're forbidden from playing in the rest of the carnival and require examination with a doctor/visit a hospital.

They wanted to cart me off to a hospital at Coffs Harbour last year after a head clash. Bah!

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
gUt said:
McKinnon would have had two tries if his boofhead forwards had looked inside instead of chucking it over the sideline.
doesn't make him good.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
What made McKinnon great in recent years was his support play. That's been lacking this year. At least on Friday he was there looking for it sometimes.

H

HITMAN82

BRL Player
Jun 4, 2008
mrslong said:
HITMAN82 said:
Move Locke or even Kemp to fullback. McKinnon stifles the play incredibly, actually so does Hohaia.... [eusa_doh I feel sorry for Stacey Jones who tries to create something, passes to either one of those guys and it hits the wall. [eusa_doh [eusa_doh
Yeah... considering Locke is our only fast in form back, who is an experienced fullback and played all his junior grades as a half, it seems very strange that he is being wasted out on the wing. Especially when our distribution is ridiculously cumbersome. Every time he touches the ball he looks good, and Locke has a solid pass and excellent vision.

Sure a couple of times McKinnon has been hovering in a gap, but he's just taking the p*ss. Even if he got to the ball he'd just collapse in a breathless heap 5 metres later anyway, or get run down by a prop.

Locke has everything our current fullback is lacking. As for the rest of our team, who knows. Roll on '10 [icon_drun

H

HITMAN82

BRL Player
Jun 4, 2008
Bull_Shark said:
Sssssssssetuuuuuu ! put that down to Slamin Sam Thaiday ...

14-14 kick to come
14 - the magic number. I wonder what malevolent gypsy Ivan Cleary ran over. It's actually beyond a joke

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
HITMAN82 said:
Bull_Shark said:
Sssssssssetuuuuuu ! put that down to Slamin Sam Thaiday ...

14-14 kick to come
14 - the magic number. I wonder what malevolent gypsy Ivan Cleary ran over. It's actually beyond a joke

Once we got to 14 i was quietly confident that we wouldn't lose that game

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • broncs30
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • leon.bott
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Galah
  • mrslong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Alec
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Browny
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.