Broncos Vrs Raiders Toyota Cup GF, pre/post game talk

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I am really looking forward to seeing the "baby Broncos" in action on Sunday. it should be a good game. this game also means that the NYC, NRL and AFL grand finals are all played by the teams that finished 1 and 2 after the reular season. It is my hope that the number 2 teams in the NYC and NRL GF's can repeat what the No. 2 team did in that AFL and knock of the minor premiers. it should be a good game.

I am also glad to see that as well as being played live on fox sports, the NYC grand final is also being shown live on 9. so since i don't have foxtel, i can still catch that game while relaxing at home. (since i have to head to work at midnight that is a good thing icon_thumbs_u )

[eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi LETS GO BABY BRONCOS [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Re: Broncos Vrs Raiders Toyota Cup GRAND FINAL, pre-game talk

Canberra will be strong favourites, but the Broncos have pulled off some amazing results this year and are one team who may spring a surprise on the Raiders. I'll back us by 7.

bfoord said:
played live on fox sports, the NYC grand final is also being shown live on 9. so since i don't have foxtel,

Thank god I do have Foxtel so don't have to listen to the Nine commentary [icon_razz1

Yes this should be a great game of attacking football cause there is no such thing as defence in the Toyota Cup, that comes later in their footy careers.

Can you BELIEVE they gave Shayne Hayne this game? Fair enough Archer gets the NRL Grand Final, but FFS, Hayne hasn't done a 20s game all year! Why wouldn't they give it to someone who's been refereeing the comp all year?

What's next, providing video ref for this game too?

Please.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Yeah, and you'd think the best way to give these young referees some big game experience would be to let them ref the Grand Final in their own comp. It'll also given them something to aim for, now they see a first grade ref come in and take it away from them.

What exactly is there to be gained by handing the whistle to Hayne anyway? I can't think of a single reason.

I can think of a few reasons NOT to give it to him. Biggest one being the mindset and mentality of refereeing a game with the "catch all" of a video referee is so different. If you haven't been doing it all year surely you're risking being found out in this game.

And it definitely sends a message to the under 20s refs that "yeah, you did a good job all year, but you're not good enough for the Grand Final". What a joke.

Coxy said:
I can think of a few reasons NOT to give it to him. Biggest one being the mindset and mentality of refereeing a game with the "catch all" of a video referee is so different. If you haven't been doing it all year surely you're risking being found out in this game.

And it definitely sends a message to the under 20s refs that "yeah, you did a good job all year, but you're not good enough for the Grand Final". What a joke.

And the fact that the play the balls have generally been tons quicker in the U20s. Throw in an NRL ref with slightly different interpretations and we could see far too much holding down and wrestling.

Really looking forward to the game though.

maybe its so that the players can get used to an NRL standard ref? the nrl proberly thinks alot of the players in the grand final will be stepping up next year so its preparing them..

Ok no. we know the nrl dont think likke that.. :P

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Mitch Rivett
3. Will Tupou
4. Brendon Gibb
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Jared Kahu
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Matt Handcock
12. Troyden Watene
13. Alex Glenn ©
Reserves:
14. Michael Spence
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Guy Ford
17. Tom Butterfield

http://www.broncos.com.au/index.php?page_id=3752

Raiders by plenty. But you never know. Stranger things have happened.

A few guys were carrying injuries and came out of the game against the warriors wounded (McGuire, Spence, Yow Yeh and co) but the Raiders had a tough game against the saints last week so I think they will be about as tired as each other.

It will be a cracker of a game! Pity I wont be able to watch it because of bloody work. Ahhh the beauties of foxtel IQ though, I will be able to watch it recorded

Coxy said:
Raiders by plenty. But you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Especially in this comp. You just never know how a game is going to go, and IMO the Broncos have showed really great courage and determination in getting up against the odds this year. They've got the players and the belief to do it. I think the Raiders will just be too strong, but I reckon we've got a lot of fight in us and the boys definitely *can* do it.

I thought the Raiders were poor in their last game and I give our kids every chance. The good guys by 5

Really looking forward to this game, can't wait.

Have only really been taking notice the last few games. Keeping a close eye on some the young guns such as Josh Hoffman, Jharal Yow Yeh, Ben Hunt and the captain Alex Glenn. C'mon boys!!!

Tee: You calling this game?

Who do you guys like FTS?

Yow Yeh, Hoffman??

Will we even be in a situation to have a first try scorer at the rate this game before is going.

Shattering result.

Great future for us, great effort but fell short.

Active Now

• the_next
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • peter09
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.