Broncos Vrs Raiders Toyota Cup GF, pre/post game talk

I'd really like to see all the standout players, in the QRL. Forget the TYC, throw the talent into the QRL, at least for a few games, to really let us guage where thye are at.

Fabulous effort by the young fellows, did the club proud. Congrats to Anthony Griffin for what you have done with these young fellows, the future is certainly bright for our club.

Hammo said:
I'd really like to see all the standout players, in the QRL. Forget the TYC, throw the talent into the QRL, at least for a few games, to really let us guage where thye are at.

I would prefer it that way if the Broncos only had the 1 major feeder club in the QRL as well as links to Redcliffe and Wynnum. If these young'ns are to be playing for the Broncos they should be playing with each other in the lower grades, not against.

Maybe.

How would that help them grow as players? Not all of them, in fact, probably only a small number of them would make the NRL grade and an even smaller number would make the NRL grade with th Broncos.

Hammo said:
Maybe.

How would that help them grow as players? Not all of them, in fact, probably only a small number of them would make the NRL grade and an even smaller number would make the NRL grade with th Broncos.

I don't like how they train together every week but then play against the blokes they train with. I realise that not all of them will crack it into the top grade but I just reckon it worked better when we had the Clydesdales as our main feeder club and a link to Redcliffe and Wynnum. Obviously the Clydesdales isn't an option but I think they should have it back that way.

I heard off mum via text message that we lost this game in extra time.

How unfortunate for the guys! Its been a great year though and very successful I must say. Yow Yeh and Hunt were the standouts for mine. Yow Yeh scoring about 30 tries and Hunt setting up about that many.

Was the pass for the winning try forward? Because mum said that it was. I am yet to watch the game, probably will tommorrow at some point.

Bummer that a bad call gave the result to the Canberra side but overall it was a good game. I thought for Brisbane no. 12 Troyden Watene was the best on the ground, followed by McCullough, Yow-Yeh and no. 14 Michael Spence.

Couple of bad calls and some missed opportunities, but they did well to make it to the GF. Very entertaining game though.

Yeah, excellent game, excellent season. Forget the bad calls, the Broncos lost it when they had numerous repeat sets on the Canberra line leading 20-12 early in the second half and failed to score.

That's footy.

OMG great game!! I loved it (other than the fact that we so narrowly lost). Very impressed with the boys and it was great to see some of the players I have heard so much about. Mc Collough and Yow yeah impressed me the most, and Hoffman and Ben Hunt (even tough he made a few mistakes, you can see the potential). It was easy to forget they are just teenagers - some of those boys are so big!!

I was saying to Mick, it was noticeable how some of them look good but at the same time you can tell they'll struggle in seniors if they go straight up. Ben Hunt in particular. I think he'd be found out by well drilled (lol) defences.

I think Hoffman is another year in Qld Cup away from first grade standard too.

But Yow Yeh and McCullough look ready to go.

Agree with gUt that Troyden Watene was one of the best. Pity he's off to the Cowboys or somewhere next season.

I was wondering if someone more knowledgeable than me [icon_razz1 could tell me if the Broncos "Reserve Grade" team ever lost a GF. or was yesterdays loss by the u20's in the NYC GF, is the first time ever that a Broncos team has lost a GF

As far as I remember it is the first time a team in Broncos colours in an NRL/ARL/NSWRL-level competition have been defeated in a Grand Final, yes.

Broncos affiliate and colts teams have lost GFs in the past in QLD Cup and Group competitions however.

well at least some of us have a fair idea now what it feels like to lose a grand final

I was at the game and i found it annoying that when the captain spoke he said I would like to thanks the fans for coming from Brisbane. . Ummm What about Sydney fans!?! [icon_thumbs_do

Jaimi-Lee said:
I was at the game and i found it annoying that when the captain spoke he said I would like to thanks the fans for coming from Brisbane. . Ummm What about Sydney fans!?! [icon_thumbs_do

You should know by now that they don't matter.

Jaimi-Lee said:

How dare a 17/18/19 year old who has just lost the biggest game of his life not be absolutely perfect.

Jaimi-Lee said:

Who cares about sydney fans [icon_evillaugh

Active Now

• Dash
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • Rookie Alan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Redux
  • Waynesaurus
  • kman
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • BruiserMk1
  • winslow_wong
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • cento
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.