Broncos Vrs Roosters - Build up

Honestly, unless the Broncos really drop their bundle I can't see the Roosters beating us by more than 10, even at their very very best.

If the Broncos tighten up mistakes and play for the full 80 we'll roll them by 20, easily.

Alec said:
I am not so sure that we'll win this as easily as some of you suggest.

You know, that's usually my thoughts before a game ..... we won't win it easily.

I certainly had those thoughts going into the Titans game, but time and again the boys keep surprising me with how they stand up against a side that starts the game on fire and end up grinding them into the dirt icon_thumbs_u

I think it's vital that we put pressure on their kickers.

It's one of our weaknesses, IMO. Whenever a team is 30/40m out from our line on the last, you'll see all our forwards standing still, giving the opposition a mountain of time to decide what to do. We need to get right up in their grill.

Titans did that to us last game and we had quite a few poor, rushed kicks

Team to play the Roosters Monday night at 7pm, Suncorp Stadium:

1.Josh Hoffman
2.Antonio Winterstein
3.Alex Glenn
4.Israel Folau
5.Jharal Yow Yeh
6.Darren Lockyer ©
7.Peter Wallace
8.Shane Tronc
9.Andrew McCullough
10.Nick Kenny
11.Ben Te’o
12.Sam Thaiday
13.Corey Parker

Reserves:
14.Ben Hunt
15.Matt Gillett
16.Mitchell Dodds
17.Josh McGuire

Lineup unchanged from win against Titans..

i think id prefer teo in the centres right now with gillet in the 2nd row. gillet is coming on and offloading at will and making heaps of opportunities, would be good to see him get a bit more game time

Gillett is being used perfectly by IH in my opinion.

Te'o is better used sucking up the initial onslaught and making more heavy tackles, then letting Gillett come on and utilise his better footwork and ballplaying skills.

Gotta remember that we were coming off the bye last week so we were always gonna look shaky to start with. Second half we started to look good and after another week we should look shit hot against the chooks.

This is a good test and a danger game for the Broncs, well for both teams really.

How good is it going to be to fucking bury this pack of ***** tho. Broncos by 10.

The Rock said:
Yeah, they aren't risking Pearce. Myles will definitely play.

Although we know Smith is always good at playing mind games.
Good, should give us a leg up towards a top 4...

The Rock said:
Yeah, they aren't risking Pearce. Myles will definitely play.

Although we know Smith is always good at playing mind games.
Can't remember where I read it but I read the exact opposite today.

looks like we'll be in 5th place at the end of the round if we win, or 4th if we win big (+35 points)

shadow said:
looks like we'll be in 5th place at the end of the round if we win, or 4th if we win big (+35 points)

but 9th if we lose

shadow said:

We really need to win this game. Even being 5th we still have to play the Dragons then the warriors in NZ and the Eels! Big games coming up.

And if we can't win 2 of those 3 we don't deserve to play finals footy anyway. Nothing better then having your toughest run be your last run.

Getting gee'd up for this one - spent the day working on new banners - my mate's is "You can't hassel our hoff-man" and mine is "Now is the Winterstein of your discontent", plus the GF will bring out the "Wow-Yeh" banner - guess we're all made for the back three!

Crucial game for the boys - Fire up fans!

ddd said:
Getting gee'd up for this one - spent the day working on new banners - my mate's is "You can't hassel our hoff-man" and mine is "Now is the Winterstein of your discontent", plus the GF will bring out the "Wow-Yeh" banner - guess we're all made for the back three!

Crucial game for the boys - Fire up fans!

Nice icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.