Broncos Vs. Dragons - Match Thread

B

broncos777

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2010
Lockyear, Thaiday and Wallace were all good last night as always. However two players stood out for me the most. The young debutante Lui and young utility Alex Glenn!

They were outstanding. Lui was the one that got us down the other end of the field and is a way better defence opiton than Setu IMO. Glenn was awsome in defence(like always) however today he found a more attacking game. Replacement for Hodges when he retires!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Glenn is starting to really stand up now and its awesome.

Hunt is finding his feet.

Lui... Bench every game!

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
good effort despite being beaten, most of the youngsters showed more promise of being future NRL 1st graders, agreed that rivett isnt quite there yet, kinda reminds me of michaels with some of his D decisions..

Setu wasnt as eager to sprint outta the line and made some solid runs/tackles as did Gillett and wow finally got to see what Dodds can do..

another stepping stone for them youngsters and they can only learn from this game and improve..

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The thing i like about Setu is he is making some good runs and has an ability to offload. Once he eliminates the blood rushes and stops running out of the line he will be a good player for us

bent

bent

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Hunt as a second hooker option please henjak! I think it will push McCullough for more from his game too. McCulloughs defence has to be respected though.

Lui as all have said, was a breath of fresh air.

Glenn was no surprise, he has impressed since his debut, needs an 80 minute run.

Best thing about the game last night is we werent focused on winning we were focused on playing to a tough game plan, if we do this again next week, the broncs will be back in the winning circle.

A

Abe The Cop

QCup Player
Mar 13, 2008
It was a step in the right direction, but there's still a, long way to go. We need to quicken out play the ball speed and our support play needs to be better. Gillett can get away offloads consistently but there's no one running onto them, it's usually to someone standing still.

And our goal line defence needs to improve greatly. It could be a by product of having so many TC players, defence seems to be a dirty word in that competition.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Great to see us more positive in the offloading department. It's something we've been lacking in the last 1 1/2 seasons. Also, stopping the offload, was much improved, it killed us against the Roosters, but don't remember too many from the Dragons last night.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Impressed with Glenn the most. Would like to see him in the NZ side.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
massive change in effort this week. I liked what i saw, they put in, they tried real hard, and thats all i can ask of them.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
tkday said:
Muccullough shouldn't be dropped, he had a good game.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he be dropped

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
McCullough is to good a defender to be dropped, team has enough defensive problems already.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
draggx said:
tkday said:

not dropped no, but subbed with Hunt yes.

So we are going to do the whole 2 hooker game plan, which is really only reserved for when a team has 2 great hookers, with 2 rookies? great plan

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
draggx said:
tkday said:

So we are going to do the whole 2 hooker game plan, which is really only reserved for when a team has 2 great hookers, with 2 rookies? great plan

I would suggest it's less of a "two hooker game plan" and more of a "let's get Hunt some time in first grade plan".

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Also I wonder if he is also cover for Lockyer if that shoulder gives out??

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
schmix said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
draggx said:
tkday said:

I would suggest it's less of a "two hooker game plan" and more of a "let's get Hunt some time in first grade plan".

preparing for the future. When Locky retires Hunt will have experience. If its not costing us games then its no problem doing it.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Yeah, I think Lockyer's decision to play on forced Henjack's hand here. Even without the injury toll he most likely would have still selected Hunt on the bench. He really should have used him in the Semi Final last year, but was afraid because of his lack of experience, at least Hunt will have some experience going into the Origin period.

Active Now

• scobie
  • Jazza
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • BooKhaki
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  • Justwin
  • Bish
  • Scdeac
  • Swordfish
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.