Broncos Vs. Dragons Spoilers & Post Match Discussion

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Emma said:
Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but I recall a season or 2 ago a statistic came out that showed that the side who played the warriors generally had a shocker the following week, regardless of whether they won or lost against the warriors. The warriors are a huge, physical side so it wouldn't surprise me if the players were carrying a lot of bumps and bruises from last weeks game, despite beating them so soundly.

Obviously it's no excuse entirely for playing the way they did, but it could at least have been a contributing factor.

Yep, that used to be the "Broncos curse" too. There was a time between 1998-2000 where it was something ridiculous like 90% of teams who played the Broncos lost the following week.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
Jebadude said:
Nashy said:
On the Gorrel subject for a moment.

When he came onto the field, the Broncos started playing again, he organised and bought some decent running tackles into the game which seemed to fire a few people up.

I think if he can do that every week from the bench, he deserves his spot.

Yeh, flat ball for Clinton as he was hitting the defence....

You might be right but on the whole we have looked a lot better with McCullough on the field so far this season. Gorrell has done nothing.

I agree jeb, i questioned the signing of Gorrell and TBH, he has done nothing to prove to me that he was a worthwhile signing. i would almost be tempted to tell him to move on when is contract is up at the end of the season. and use his money to extend McCullough's contracted by a few years.

Which is more than likely the reason he is on a one year contract

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I have heard that more than half the squad were sick for this game which would explain their sluggishness.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Gorrell is most likely a fill in this year. Give some time to help mccullough through the year.
at his age i cant see us keeping him past this year

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
28? 28 is ancient now?

Yes. Maybe it's about time you started lookin at some retirement homes Coxy.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Coxy said:
28? 28 is ancient now?

Bugger, I must be dead if that is the case. Damn, missed the funeral as well. [icon_evillaugh

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Friggin Gorrell is younger than me! He looks like he's nearly 40!

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Speaking of pictures of hookers (no dirty), how funny is PJ's photo on the Bronco site?

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Strop
  • Scdeac
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • KickHaas
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • levikaden
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.