Broncos Vs. Dragons Spoilers & Post Match Discussion

Foordy said:
I was surprised to hear that Kenny was given MOM. especially as he was on a team that was totally outplayed

Kenny was MOM for the Broncos, that's what they award at every home game. It's different from Nein's MOM.

only thing that bugged me was how tired they looked...yes theyve played some hard games in the 1st 3 rounds but theyre pro football players who are expected as a team to deal with it as every other other NRl team has to..
Boyd looked ultra good as did most of their forwards, Broncos forwards just didnt get stuck in for the full 80...

buck up and get it straight, one thing I hate more than losing to the dragons, is losing to the Roosters

Pretty bad effort but cant complain after 3 wins on the trot. Lots of dropsies but both sides really were guilty of that. Glenn continues to impress me, as does Winterstein (apart from that bomb he dropped). I think Henjak needs to hurry up and figure out how hes going to play Gorrel and McCullough in the team, i dont think its working just yet.

Hunt played one of the worst games i can remember from him (soward standing him up was laughable and his defence was piss weak), as did locky, couldnt hold the ball or find space.

Creagh was a standout for the dragons as was boyd. He is playing like minicello in his glory days, where he would beat the first defender 100% of the time. Still have no idea why Henjak hasnt bitchslapped hodges for trying to get penalties instead of playing the ball. If he spent as much energy playing the game as he does bitching to the ref he would probably be scoring some tries.

Edit: Just read some others posts and looks like Hodges, gorrel and hunt have been discussed. Gotta agree with jeb that i think Gorrel is not really worthwhile having atm, and lolz at jeb finally realizing michaels is useless haha

Agree with most that has been said, a few points

- Hodges chase on Hornby after the intercept was fantastic. Gee he showed some pace

- It's a case of the boy who cried wolf for Hodges every time he plays the ball. He always tries to milk the penalty and when he actually does cop some interference in the play the balls the ref lets it go.

- I'm not sure what to make of Michaels. I think at the very least he and Winterstein need to switch in attack

On the Gorrel subject for a moment.

When he came onto the field, the Broncos started playing again, he organised and bought some decent running tackles into the game which seemed to fire a few people up.

I think if he can do that every week from the bench, he deserves his spot.

A total contrast to last week's performance which was our best in years. An unfortunate lack of intensity last night really cost us. We were unable to switch back to defence when making errors which lead to St George tries. They definitely wanted to win more.

We're their bitches these days. I hate St George.

Ironbroncos said:
only thing that bugged me was how tired they looked...yes theyve played some hard games in the 1st 3 rounds but theyre pro football players who are expected as a team to deal with it as every other other NRl

From all reports a few of the boys had been crook through the week and on top of that it was a very muggy night. While it not really an excuse, it was far from the ideal situation

Beads6 said:
Boyd was amazing it must be the fullback position that brings the best out of players.

FB is the new Centre imo - generally the prefferred position for decent sized speedy backs - Freedom to roam around and inject yourself into the attack from all across the park.

fredie said:
dragons won [icon_evillaugh [icon_lol1.

wickedsmart.jpg

I still haven't seen the game (was away in toowoomba when it was on) and don't really want to after the comments displayed in here. [icon_non

I still have faith that we'll be a strong force this year ..... i like what i've seen in the first three rounds

Would have liked to see the Broncos win, but it's just one game. It has no bearing on the rest of the season. Just a speed hump.
The hunger was just greater on the Dragon side of the ledger. Ex Bronco players had a lot to prove and ex Bronco coach gave them the game plan and insight.
Broncos will have their revenge later in the season when it really does have a bearing on finals football.

was it the dragons were too good . or the broncos did not play good

Nashy said:

When he came onto the field, the Broncos started playing again, he organised and bought some decent running tackles into the game which seemed to fire a few people up.

Yeh, flat ball for Clinton as he was hitting the defence....

You might be right but on the whole we have looked a lot better with McCullough on the field so far this season. Gorrell has done nothing.

Jebadude said:
Nashy said:

Yeh, flat ball for Clinton as he was hitting the defence....

You might be right but on the whole we have looked a lot better with McCullough on the field so far this season. Gorrell has done nothing.

I agree jeb, i questioned the signing of Gorrell and TBH, he has done nothing to prove to me that he was a worthwhile signing. i would almost be tempted to tell him to move on when is contract is up at the end of the season. and use his money to extend McCullough's contracted by a few years.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but I recall a season or 2 ago a statistic came out that showed that the side who played the warriors generally had a shocker the following week, regardless of whether they won or lost against the warriors. The warriors are a huge, physical side so it wouldn't surprise me if the players were carrying a lot of bumps and bruises from last weeks game, despite beating them so soundly.

Obviously it's no excuse entirely for playing the way they did, but it could at least have been a contributing factor.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • Redux
  • Bish
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Porthoz
  • Rowdy124
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.