Broncos Vs. Dragons Spoilers & Post Match Discussion

Not sure how many of you do the Fox Sports Fantasy thing - but it's really interesting to see how Hunt's points have dropped off over the last couple of weeks. Wonder if that's just a coincidence??

didnt realise he was taken off. was that him that was down when the ball hit the post?

after both games Ch 9 said the only injury scare was Te'o who might miss next game.

Hopefully we can just put this down to a bit of complacency... young side so its bound to happen.

To me it seemed like the little 1 percenters weren't there tonight. The little things that have been a massive feature of our winning start to the year. The ball security, kick chase, pressuring the kicker and ball players, scrambling and the urgency to move across in defence.

Hopefully just a hiccup and a wakeup call.

Yeah, I fully expect us to come back next week and beat the Woosters. Now we are the bogey side for the opposition, and not the other way around. [icon_evillaugh

We were crap in most departments tonight particularly enthusiasm. As I said earlier we were handicapped by a dumb bench which never looked like matching a fired up big pack like the Dragons. Hodges looked good but other than that there were very few positives. The selection of De Vere was particularly baffling, why put a 32 year old outside back on your bench? I am fine with him being there if he starts but not off the bench he adds nothing in terms of impact or size. His lethargic miss tackle led to a Dragons try as well so it wasn't like he defended well.

The last time we have a game like tonight, we spanked the next team so props to a good Friday (ha!)

The Samford Little Leagueies had more passion tonight it would appear :)

Russo said:
Why was Hunt taken off, did Nine say why

I noticed at the game after his first try saving tackle he had a case of the limps, and i don't think it really left him all game. And he made about another 2 dire runs to save tries aswell so i think it took it out of him a bit, seemed to be struggling most of the game to me. He also hasn't been running the ball back alot himself this season and has been using his wingers, that wasn't just tonight. Maybe he has realised he can't keep bashing at full pace
Agree that his usual spirit wasn't there, dunno what's doing there hoping it hasn't left him, it's a major part of his game.

Hodges annoyed the bejeeba's outta me tonight. Learn to pass to your winger, especially when your winger is Folau ffs. Issy wasn't given much chance to get into the game tonight, seemed to be standing out near the sideline most times i saw him. I know they are both right side players but i'd rather see them as the centres (deal with the right side playerness bit, i dont care) and have Yow Yeh and Winterstein as the wingers.

It was a dreadfully frustrating performance. We always seem to struggle against the size of the Dragons but I'm confident we'll bounce back. It's very early days and to be 3-1 after four rounds is a lot better than I'd expected.

However, as others have said, the bench was too light. Hope Henjak realises because the Roosters will try to smash us to smithereens next week.

I know Hodges was good in attack but far out he annoys me. He's a liability in defence at the moment and seems to have a big sook every time he gets tackled. Just play footy ffs.

I thought Hodges defended well tonight, showed good commitment throughout the game, great chase on the intercept too.

I'd just put the performance down to an off night ... and am not overly disappointed or surprised by it to be honest - seems a modern day trait

The only comment I would make is that we can show real enterprise in attack when behind but play straight up and down boring footy when its close or we're in front - with a backline like we have, surely we should be trying to score more than we are

Lets see now ... we were flat tonight, Dragons were sky high ... Eels were flat as pancakes and the Roosters put a LOT into their win ... wouldn't suprise me in the slightest to see the Eels beat the Dragons next week at Parra and we flog the Chooks at the SFS - we see

Oink !

Bloody hell, why can't we beat those pricks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty ordinary tonight, ball control was awful.

Hodges, Clinton and Kenny were all pretty good but some very ordinary performances other than that.

I have had enough of Gorrell, he is ordinary. Not sure if anyone was frustrated with Clinton's drop ball in the second half but if they were, turn your blame to Gorrell, his service from dummy half was shocking. I am not sure if McCulloch can go 80 minutes or not but if he can he has to stay on for the whole game. At least his kicking game finds some space, Locky and Wallace were crap tonight especially with their kicking.

Starting to lose faith in Michaels too, he had a shocker tonight. I'd love to see with Hodges or Folau have a go at left centre with Winterstein and Yow Yeh on the wing. Although, if we managed to keep Boyd, we'd by flying. He may not be outstanding, but I reckon he's the smartest footballer I have ever seen.

Why would you pick De Vere? Seriously? I am happy for him to play in the centres during Origin, but off the bench as impact? Ridiculous selection.

I am not worried by any means, as we get 3 or 4 of these sorts of performances every year from the Broncos. Just frustrated that we cannot beat the Dragons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beaten by a hungrier side tonight, although we had no luck they made their own luck and hit us hard on kick return off the back of a pretty good kicking game.

Possible turning point when they didn't go the V ref on folaus' try but considering what followed you'd have to say they would have got us anyway.

We learned a lesson in being tough up the middle tonight. Typical of Bennett coached sides to challenge us physically like that, and I am very disappointed we were caught out by it.

The bench was odd as others have pointed out and our kicking game was unimaginative. We were crying out for a short kick or 2 behind the line if only to bring their wingers forward a few metres.

Overall I think it was a loss this side can learn from.

F@#k its a long walk out of the ground when there seems like so many Saints fans.

At least others are starting to see what I have been saying since the start Michaels shouldn't be there, dropped balls, poor reads in attack and defence and I felt it was his drop that led to the gates opening tonight. Ok he was not to blame for the loss but the heads went down after his drop and and the try that was scored from it, it was the begining of the end. Why we let Boyd go and not Michaels is something that is beyond me. (oh and I said that last year as well).

Yeh but when you said that last year, Michaels was in awesome form. The form we are seeing from him at the moment is not the norm, it is the exception.

Don't get me wrong, I'd trade Michaels for Boyd in a heartbeat but I hardly think it's fair that you are claiming to be the all knowledgable one all along when Michaels showed very good form last season before his injury.

Never said I was, Jeb but I never said last year that he was in awesome form and from what he has delivered this season (so far) and last season, this is his norm. Still I am aware I have been very critical of his recent form and so on ballance I would be happy enough if someone can lay out what he offers the team that I am missing.

Burg said:
Never said I was, Jeb but I never said last year that he was in awesome form and from what he has delivered this season (so far) and last season, this is his norm. Still I am aware I have been very critical of his recent form and so on ballance I would be happy enough if someone can lay out what he offers the team that I am missing.

All I can say is, I have never seen him play this badly before and I certainly don't think that before this season, he deserved the criticism levelled at him by yourself Burg. On recent form, yes your criticism is justified, but on past seasons it is not. I seriously cannot see how you would think that his form last season is no better than what he has delivered this season.

Just my opinion, but fair enough. I will do my best not to be overly critical in future, but geeze he'd wanna come good soon because on his last few games he doesn't deserve his selection.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.