Broncos Vs. Dragons Spoilers & Post Match Discussion

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
fenomeno said:
Bull_Shark said:
* And another thing, I'm still waiting for Joel Clinton to "happen" ....

I thought Clinton was good, Teo on the other hand...

I agree, Clinton went very well tonight. Made at least 10 with every run (or appeared to).

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Roosters are our little bitches and we will rub their nose in it all night next week. Guaranteed.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
ronnyd said:
Bull_Shark said:
Haven't even looked at the schedule yet, but I hope they have a 7+ day turnaround til their next match.

seeing as we played this friday it can be no less than a 7 day turn around [icon_wink

And the friday "DERRRRRRRRRRR" award goes to ....................................... me
[icon_drun

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I haven't tipped a roosters game right all year. Maybe I should tip them next week.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Jazza said:
I haven't tipped a roosters game right all year. Maybe I should tip them next week.

Souths have been my early season "kryptonite" for the past couple of years ... until about round 10 or so when they resume service as weekly fade material ..

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
No spark tonight. like i said in another topic, was Setu a late exclusion? thats the only reason i can think of as to why he didnt replace him with another forward.

i was mvery disappointed in Hunt tonight. He just didnt seem to want to be there. He hardly ran the ball from kick returns. he's normally the guy that starts the high fives or settles every1 down but he seemed to not care tonight.

i think if we're going to continue with 2 hookers then Gorrell needs to start. he's not an impact player. if he doesnt start to let McCullough run through em later, then he shouldnt be in the 17.

they made the Dragons look very good tonight. i think we could have played any1 tonight with the same outcome. I cant believe how much time we gave Soward. he was made to look like a superstar.

with the roosters playing well tonight im very worried about next week.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
schmix said:
Has anyone noticed how much Wallace is getting targeted this year? He's getting a lot of late-ish hits and I often see him go flying after a pass or kick. I guess that's the price you pay for so much improvement.

Yes he is not getting a lot of protection from the refs or moreso is own players, never see Locky going flying like that.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
look, we were flat tonight, no denying it.
In today's game you cannot be on the ball every week = fact. It's about winning those games when you ARE flat though - I think the Storm did that best in 2007. Play crap and come away with the two points.
Reflective thought: We can lose big matches like this imo. It was a telling tale of not having the big pack we used to in past times. The abscence of some true go forward like Civo was clear as day. I get scared when Clinton runs the ball - looks like he's going to drop it every time.
Obviously no panic button yet but I think we're going to lose some big games like this, I think we need a certain size in the pack.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
when we add size, we'll have a team that will run around us and every1 will say we need a faster pack. all we need is a balance. a winger and a non impact hooker on the bench isnt balance. 1 more forward on the bench would have made a difference tonight.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I think Antonio was found out on a number of occasions tonight, old Dell got the better of him I'm afraid.

Once again realised why I did not want Boyd to leave he as always impressed me tonight and his returning of the football at pace unlike last season for us was impressive.

Our enthusiasm was missing tonight, kicking game woeful, defence terrible falling off all night, lacked ball security, bench too lightweight, pushed the pass too often rather than showing patince, and better team won.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
i agree with all of them besides the last. We made the Dragons look better. with the bench being poor qualty, forwards are going to get tired then the missed tackles and drop ball all flows from that

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
spoonbled said:
No spark tonight. like i said in another topic, was Setu a late exclusion? thats the only reason i can think of as to why he didnt replace him with another forward.

i was mvery disappointed in Hunt tonight. He just didnt seem to want to be there. He hardly ran the ball from kick returns. he's normally the guy that starts the high fives or settles every1 down but he seemed to not care tonight.

i think if we're going to continue with 2 hookers then Gorrell needs to start. he's not an impact player. if he doesnt start to let McCullough run through em later, then he shouldnt be in the 17.

they made the Dragons look very good tonight. i think we could have played any1 tonight with the same outcome. I cant believe how much time we gave Soward. he was made to look like a superstar.

To be fair to Hunt he was on the wrong end of a very good Dragons kicking game tonight. I think the only time Broncos 5th tackle kicks found the turf was those couple of flubbed attempts from Lockyer and Wallace in the first half. But it will be interesting to watch Hunt as the season wears on, his body language and energy will be obvious barometers as to whether he's already left the Broncos in spirit.

Dummy half running / yards were virtually nil tonight from both designated hookers. Brisbane misses Michael Ennis A LOT. McCullough maybe was a little gun shy to take some runs himself with senior guys calling for the ball either side.

Any able bodied human being with half an idea about Rugby League could've gone close to doing what Soward did tonight. He was floating on air behind a very dominant and direct forward pack.

If Brisbane absorbs tonight's performance in the right way, they'll be five levels better than they were tonight and crush a Roosters side they have no business losing to.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
spoonbled said:
i agree with all of them besides the last. We made the Dragons look better. with the bench being poor qualty, forwards are going to get tired then the missed tackles and drop ball all flows from that

Spoonie I'm confused how can you say we were the better team eusa_think eusa_think eusa_think

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Never said we were the better team. just said we made the Dragons look better than what they really are.

We were awful and they capatalised on that.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Bull_Shark said:
spoonbled said:

To be fair to Hunt he was on the wrong end of a very good Dragons kicking game tonight. I think the only time Broncos 5th tackle kicks found the turf was those couple of flubbed attempts from Lockyer and Wallace in the first half. But it will be interesting to watch Hunt as the season wears on, his body language and energy will be obvious barometers as to whether he's already left the Broncos in spirit.

Dummy half running / yards were virtually nil tonight from both designated hookers. Brisbane misses Michael Ennis A LOT. McCullough maybe was a little gun shy to take some runs himself with senior guys calling for the ball either side.

Any able bodied human being with half an idea about Rugby League could've gone close to doing what Soward did tonight. He was floating on air behind a very dominant and direct forward pack.

If Brisbane absorbs tonight's performance in the right way, they'll be five levels better than they were tonight and crush a Roosters side they have no business losing to.

10/10 agree with every word.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
looks like Soliola will be out next week which will help us out wide.

As for hunt it doesnt matter where the ball is when he gets it off a kick return. the passion wasnt there. maybe ts about the contract, maybe its about playing against WB. hopefully he's back to his best against the Roosters.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
spoonbled said:
the passion wasnt there

I'd say the same for most of our players tonight.

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • TimWhatley
  • leon.bott
  • Griffo
  • Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • pennywisealfie
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Tim K
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • mystico
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.