Broncos Vs. Dragons Spoilers & Post Match Discussion

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
On the positive side, I thought Nick Kenny had a good comeback. 12 runs for 113 metres, 30 tackles, 1 missed tackle.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our forwards were quite good they were just out muscled by a bigger more disciplined pack. We were probably missing another prop or big forward like Sims who should have been on the bench. Boyd was amazing for the Dragons anyone questioning his position in the QLD origin side is on the drugs.

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008
Well, Raw Boned Youngster did pick the performance to a tee.
No surprise at all.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Raw Boned Youngster said:
No surprise at all.

In the tea leaves mate? [icon_wink

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Beads6 said:
Our forwards were quite good they were just out muscled by a bigger more disciplined pack. We were probably missing another prop or big forward like Sims who should have been on the bench.

Seconded. We really needed McGuire or Sims on the bench, it was puny enough without adding De Vere to it. We were thoroughly outplayed in the end and we were never really in it after the 10 minute mark. Lots to improve on for the Rorters next week [icon_wink

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Raw Boned Youngster said:
No surprise at all.

Yes you did your my hero can you predict how we will bounce back next week??

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
Our forwards were quite good they were just out muscled by a bigger more disciplined pack. We were probably missing another prop or big forward like Sims who should have been on the bench. Boyd was amazing for the Dragons anyone questioning his position in the QLD origin side is on the drugs.

I wasn't one of Boyd's biggest fans when he was at the broncos but he has been impressive for the dragons so far. Still has a bit of the sideways running, although he didn't do that tonight. Last year he got his spot by default due to injuries but he could earn one this year if he keeps up the good form.

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008
Ning, you are cool.
Beads, you are not.

The whisper that Darren has gone on for a season too long will soon become a shout though.
Especially without the ball.
The blind faithful will carry on, but it will be pretty close to the mark.
Those who look really hard for the good will find it.
The objective true watchers will find the other view much more easily though.

Make up your own minds.
There's one for you beady boy.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Lockyer was good tonight I thought, he turned up in defense and even smashed the Dragons number 8 a couple of times. You don't let someone like Lockyer go lightly.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Good points from everyone in here re tonight's performance ... Another thing that really stood out to me was the dummy half running. I really did think Brisbane would rue letting Michael Ennis go and it showed tonight. Brisbane's dummy half threat was totally non-existent. Don't know if the new kid is a hesitant to go himself or what, but Ennis was terrific at getting the Broncos on the front foot in the yardage / play the ball speed battle.

THe Broncos struggled to get out of their own territory all night and were far too side-to-side. Maybe the guys were due for this flat one because they've been well and truly UP for the first three games, and it's tough to prolong that kind of intensity.

Haven't even looked at the schedule yet, but I hope they have a 7+ day turnaround til their next match.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Lockyer was far from our worst. Creagh's try was just as much the fault of the defenders near him. He completed the tackle but was always going to be long odds to stop Creagh alone from that far out. And we looked the most dangerous when Lockyer and Hodges combined on the right.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Bull_Shark said:
Good points from everyone in here re tonight's performance ... Another thing that really stood out to me was the dummy half running. I really did think Brisbane would rue letting Michael Ennis go and it showed tonight. Brisbane's dummy half threat was totally non-existent. Don't know if the new kid is a hesitant to go himself or what, but Ennis was terrific at getting the Broncos on the front foot in the yardage / play the ball speed battle.

THe Broncos struggled to get out of their own territory all night and were far too side-to-side. Maybe the guys were due for this flat one because they've been well and truly UP for the first three games, and it's tough to prolong that kind of intensity.

Haven't even looked at the schedule yet, but I hope they have a 7+ day turnaround til their next match.

7 days, Good Friday against the Roosters

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
* And another thing, I'm still waiting for Joel Clinton to "happen" ....

F

fenomeno

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Bull_Shark said:
* And another thing, I'm still waiting for Joel Clinton to "happen" ....

I thought Clinton was good, Teo on the other hand...

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Has anyone noticed how much Wallace is getting targeted this year? He's getting a lot of late-ish hits and I often see him go flying after a pass or kick. I guess that's the price you pay for so much improvement.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Jazza said:
Bull_Shark said:

7 days, Good Friday against the Roosters

The Roosters big win tonight bodes well for the Broncos next friday. Although I guess they have semi final revenge.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Bull_Shark said:
The Roosters big win tonight bodes well for the Broncos next friday. Although I guess they have semi final revenge.

:evil:

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
Bull_Shark said:

seeing as we played this friday it can be no less than a 7 day turn around [icon_wink

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mustafur
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.