Broncos Vs. Knights - Match Thread

Just on Locky - thing is... he's still the reason why we even stand a CHANCE.

I just bloody wish IH would take control of the team and get shit together... It's bloody painful... it reminds me of 04/05 when we used the "give it to Locky" sort of tactic when we didn't have a good halfback...

Since then we've had a "give it to Hodgo" plan which works well if you have your shit together like we did in 06 and 08.

I reckon the commentators are going real easy on Locky due to the respect he's earnt... it would be foolish to say he's anywhere near the player he was / could be. He needs to take a different approach to his game and it is as SIMPLE as that IMHO.

Locky has been pretty woeful all year. His kicking game is very poor and his defence is hardly first grade standard. He has no physicality in his running game. He offers good passing skills however they are no better then the other halves in the comp. More errors are creeping into his game. I don't think Lockyer should avoid criticism because he has been a wonderful player in the past. Thurston performs consistently and creates for the cowboys with less stars around him and shitty half partners. Sadly I don't think Lockyer is in his ballpark anymore.

The likes of Gould etc. are going easy, because the last time they really ripped into him was in 2006. Nuff said.

dandan said:
The funny thing is he is only 32 or 33 years old, but i have to agree he should retire at the end of the year.

Lets face it we are not making the 8 this year, gie Lockyer his swangsong season and then with Hunt, Falou & Lockyer freeing massive amounts of money.

Not sure who would be available but i reckon with NRL backing lets get Gary AlbertJnr (Fullback that would be awesome under the high ball and will be kicking 40/20's all day) & Matt Giteau at 5/8.

Just a simple message to the AFL & ARU F*** with us and we F*** with you, cause all thats happening now is the NRL is being bullied by these codes.

As i said Gallop needs to go, his too much of a soft co**.

Whatever your on I want some [icon_razz1

Did they officially announce Izzy's decision at the post match media thing or not?

If he's leaving why not do what we did to Hodges and dump him from 1st grade

Browny said:
Did they officially announce Izzy's decision at the post match media thing or not?

If he's leaving why not do what we did to Hodges and dump him from 1st grade

Hodges was on basically nothing when we dumped him, but Izzy is on a sweet little pay packet, plus we have a load of injuries, so it makes sense to keep him in there. icon_thumbs_u

I hope that if with a couple of rounds to go we can't make the 8 we let him play QLD cup for a few weeks haha.

I thought Hoffman had a good game last night.
I was surprised he was actually pretty damn good in defense.
Still needs to stand back a little to give him more time and space for the second man play though.
Also, again this week. Why no inside ball to him around the ruck plays???

even if you were serious, why would those players take MASSIVE pay cuts to come to league?

Well what i should have added was that David Gallop help fund the moves, Its just a simple message to other codes that we are not your bitches, you want war we will give you a war.

Quite simple if this does happen, i guarantee that AFL & ARU will not be poaching our stars anymore.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • NSW stables
  • rnabokov
  • ChewThePhatt
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • mystico
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.