Broncos vs Knights.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Sunday arvo game in Newy this week.

The Knights have a few injury problems and could easily be sporting a new set of halves. The Newcastle Herald reported that Dureau (suspected rib cartilage damage/fracture), Mullen (torn calf) and Buderus (corked thigh) are all in doubt, but the main concerns are for Mullen and Dureau.

Locky's definately out for us, but i'm unsure as to what the situation is with PJ and Hodgo. Heard a rumour on another forum that Wallace is in some doubt? BS? Confirmation about any of these would be handy.

As for the team make up, i'd probably just stick with the same set-up that beat the Cows, with the only change being Hunt in the halves. That, or leave the team pretty much as is and start with both PJ and Ennis - whichever one plays in the halves I don't really care.

If we turn up in a fair dinkum mood we really shouldn't have too many problems getting over the line in the end.

Thoughts and your teams?

I think Robinson has had his chance and didn't perform well enough to be slected ahead of Kemp. Wallace should be sweet, I also think Moon shoud be given an oppurtunity to play in the 6. I hope Perry is gone but I doubt it I would prefer to see a debutant utility off the bench or maybe even Mick Roberts back. I would love to see Tunza come off the bench, he hasn't been in the best form and we need to have Stagg playing 80 mins in the forward pack.

Hunt
Kemp
Michaels
Hodges
Boyd
Moon
Wallace
Hannat
Ennis
Clinton
Thaiday
Sims
Stagg

Carroll
Taylor
Eastwood
Beale/ Roberts

i would go with this team.

1. Hunt
2. Kemp
3. Micheals
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Moon
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Clinton
11. Stagg
12. Sims
13. Carroll

14. Eastwood
15. Thaiday
16. Taylor
17. Beale

• I'm assuming marsh is out
    Until Robinson learns to catch a high ball he needs to be in Q-Cup
    if Hodges is still out, Boyd to center - Hewitt on the wing

Injured Knights trio will play

April 07, 2008 NEWCASTLE coach Brian Smith expects injured trio Danny Buderus, Jarrod Mullen and Scott Dureau to all play in Sunday's litmus test against Brisbane at EnergyAustralia Stadium

Bugger

I Think Marsh is out for at least 2 weeks?

I'd also give Hodges another week off, unless he's completely recovered, same for Parker.

I also understand that Moon is no 5/8. He's a centre.

1. Boyd
2. Kemp
3. Micheals
4. Moon
5. Robinson
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Thaiday
11. Stagg
12. Sims
13. Carroll

14. Eastwood
15. Clinton
16. Parker/Taylor
17. Beale/Roberts

Jarrod Mullen and Scott Dureau would probably be given needles.

So hopefully the Dr stuffs it up. [icon_evillaugh

Not likely.They are used to doing needles down there. [icon_evillaugh

I think we need to keep Hunt at the back. We may have to bite the bullet and put Perry at 7 with Wallace at 6.

MDBronco said:
I think we need to keep Hunt at the back. We may have to bite the bullet and put Perry at 7 with Wallace at 6.

If we bite that bullett - BANG! We'll be toothless. [icon_evillaugh

In any case, I reckon Hunt will stay at the back.

It'll be interesting to see, should Hodges returns where Boyd plays, given Michaels IMO is playing terrific football in the centres (where he should be), and Boyd's doing ok too.

Wallace needs to stay in the #7 Perry may play at 6 (i hope not though)

bfoord said:
Wallace needs to stay in the #7 Perry may play at 6 (i hope not though)

Same bullett ...

rnabokov said:
I Think Marsh is out for at least 2 weeks?

I'd also give Hodges another week off, unless he's completely recovered, same for Parker.

I also understand that Moon is no 5/8. He's a centre.

1. Boyd
2. Kemp
3. Micheals
4. Moon
5. Robinson
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Thaiday
11. Stagg
12. Sims
13. Carroll

14. Eastwood
15. Clinton
16. Parker/Taylor
17. Beale/Roberts

Agree with this.

MDBronco said:
I think we need to keep Hunt at the back. We may have to shoot the bullet at Perry and keep Wallace at 7.
Isn't this what you mean?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Jazza
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • marw
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skathen
  • bazza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.