Broncos Vs. Sharks - Match Thread

shadow said:
broncospwn said:
As we are Vsing a top4 side next week in Manly we could even potentially be top 4 next week.
If we win next week then IMO we are the real thing and can seriously challenge this competition.

haha calm down friendo, would take a few massive score differentials for us to be in fourth next week...
Not really. Tigers are only 12 for P/D we are -9, 22 points is nothing in P/D.

Good win by the boys. I think this tough win will be good for the young guys and we should have plenty of confidnece going into next weeks game. Lockyer you continue to prove you are way over the hill..

I officially love Matt Gillett. I was starting to get really worried, because I had $30 on the Broncos to win by 13+ and I thought it was all over when Parker went for the penalty goal to make it a difference of 10. Gillett (and Hunt) made me $69.50 richer. Thanks boys!

I think we all love Gillett, he's such a good young player, what a future he has ahead of him!

How good was Hoffman tonight? I know he got MOTM against the Titans, don't think he deserved it in that game, but he made some try savers and made a great run for the Lockyer try against the Sharks. I think he's starting to warm to his role.

He cops a lot of criticism on these forums, but I think Sims had a pretty good game tonight. He definitely was better than Tronc.

Big_Dave said:
I told you guys Hoffman was a star!

No doubt he has the talent and played well tonight. He looks like he may very well turn into the start you think he already is. icon_thumbs_u

You can still notice the youth of the team, with a few rushed decisions, including a couple of howlers by Gillett.
Wallace was below par tonight, he seems to be low on confidence.
Hoffman, Locky, Gillett all pulled neat try savers and there was overall good desperation in defense, which helped by rushing Smith into his brain snaps, but we need a big improvement against this Manly team that is killing the Cows.
The input from the Origin players was expectedly not as high as usual, although the "old man" didn't go too bad.
Hoffman was my MOM.

Overal a good grind and much needed win against a much improved Sharks side.

Mister Wright said:
He cops a lot of criticism on these forums, but I think Sims had a pretty good game tonight. He definitely was better than Tronc.

Haha, yeah. Tronc is the new "young petero" ie. he has 2 attacking weapons:

1) He can run up slowly and get tackled.
2) He can run up slowly, get tackled and turn around.

Gutsy performance from both sides.

Really have to hand it to our defence tonight.

We were under the pump a fair bit, the Sharks forwards were relentless. Hoffman made about three one on one tackles at fullback, and then there was that brilliant try saver from Lockyer on Barrett.

Defence has been the major issue so far this season, so it's pleasing to see such an improvement in our previous three games.

The Rock said:
And they are 10 times better at Manly. We need to lift next week.

Isn't the game at SUncorp next weekend?? [icon_shru

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":12tjkq63]And they are 10 times better at Manly. We need to lift next week.

Isn't the game at SUncorp next weekend?? [icon_shru[/quote:12tjkq63]
Nope, it's at Brookvale

audragon said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":ef0w9956]And they are 10 times better at Manly. We need to lift next week.

Nope, it's at Brookvale[/quote:ef0w9956]

And it's a Channel 9 game...

Mister Wright said:
audragon said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":10jk57z7][quote="The Rock":10jk57z7]And they are 10 times better at Manly. We need to lift next week.

Nope, it's at Brookvale[/quote:10jk57z7]

And it's a Channel 9 game...[/quote:10jk57z7]

AWWW sucks, I'll have to listen to the radio online in Victardia [icon_confu

We almost beat them at Brookie last year. at one stage it was like 18-0 until jamie lyon scored his 2 dodgy tries...

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • bb_gun
  • pennywisealfie
  • Footy Fanatic
  • rj9
  • FACTHUNT
  • lynx000
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.