Broncos Vs Sharks - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

B

brisbroncosboy

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Not to sure if i should add this to pre game discussion thread or not but here goes

Wayne Bennett has blasted players for there 2nd half performance against cowboys form Daily Telegraph:

"COACH Wayne Bennett last night launched an extraordinary attack on winning Brisbane, promising sackings despite a comfortable win over North Queensland.
"They're kinda happy to be playing for the Broncos. I'm not sure what they're happy about but my intention is to make them unhappy right now," Bennett said after the 32-18 victory, which came in the wake of a 26-0 halftime lead at Dairy Farmers Stadium.

In his most critical assessment of a team under his control this year, Bennett accused the Broncos of being lazy in defence and lacking intensity. "We were rubbish," he said.

"There's a lack of discipline with a few players, doing silly things.

"Being a lot more disciplined in the second half, making sure we didn't invited them back into the game - tough teams do that, good teams do that.

"We could be leading the comp right now and still not be capable of beating anyone when it's really going to matter.'

Asked what could be done about the problem, he replied: "Make some changes."

Quizzed on whether he meant certain axings should be expected for the Cronulla clash on Friday, Bennett said: "You probably can.

"Justin Hodges is coming back . . . you"ll have to wait."

I wonder what these changes may be any Ideas??

I think Hodges and Carroll will be back with Stagg and Parker back playing for Norths in QLD cup.

Re: Changes for Sharks game

I think it'd be a bit unfair on Stagg to drop him after he's been moved all over the shop this season. Sims would be top of my list, and Ennis should be given a stern warning that any crap like those two stupid penalties he gave away last night on their goalline will see him benched.

Sims and Clinton were much better this week, it seems the whole team switched off after half time. Once again it is an attitude problem not a lack of skill or poor coaching. I think Parker should be dropped for sure he has been poor for weeks now.

Ennis......man, why Shaun wants to date him is anyone's guess. The sooner that guy leaves, the better. Where's Berro?

Hammo said:
Ennis......man, why Shaun wants to date him is anyone's guess. The sooner that guy leaves, the better. Where's Berro?

I agree he is a deadset tool. He lets himself down by giving away penalties all day long.

**** Ennis is frustrating, biggest grub in the game, i wish someone decks him.

Ennis has some really idiotic moments at times. That penalty he gave away early in the game by pushing down the bloke trying to get up and play the ball just left me shaking my head and wondering what the result could be if he had a similar brain explosion at a crucial time of an "important" (you know the one) game.

But let's not kid ourselves - for all his shortcomings he certainly makes up for it with his creativeness, direction and his constant taunting of the opposition markers. Not to mention his consistently high levels of enthusiasm, a quality that we tend to lack at times. Along with the introduction of Wallace, Ennis has played a big part in the transformation of our attacking game and the increase in the number of opportunities we've had. He's kept us going forward even when our pack doesn't feel like aiming up.

I'd love for him to remove the Gallen-esque moments from his game, but I think that just comes with his aggressive, smart-arse nature on the field. A double-edged sword, but better than anything we've had for a bloody long time (except for Berro, but he was never used as a permenant No. 9).

That first penalty he gave away was because he was kicked in the head when ty williams lashed out with his boots.... stupid penalty but in the heat of the moment in can understand him reacting.

We spend 10 years looking for a hook, finally find one... and let him go. His loss will hurt us the most next year.

No one said PJ will do a better job. As for Berro, I guess he is, dare I say it, over rated? lolz. [icon_lol1. [eusa_doh

Berro played centre, outside a damaging backline and was highest try scorer for the season, until injury. So he can play centre. He played Hooker and won a Churchill medal...let me guess, like JT, he just fell into that one? He played backrow @ Origin and pwn'd your NSW girls....once again, over rated. When Berro was at hooker in 06, we stormed through the semis and won the comp.

Ennis has talent, no doubt. He also has the ability to not communicate, hence negates all the good his team provides. If his outside backs and his forwards don't know what's going on, as a hooker, he has failed. Not to mention his so-called "aggression". All you lapdogs, who think that's cool, lap it up. However, when he dishes it out to our players next year, don't you dare complain. What's good for the goose. The Broncos have always been better than that, we prided ourselves on not being that kind of club. Man is talented, no doubt. Man has problems, no doubt. The proof will be this time next year. We will see where Ennis is. I am screendumping this thread.....watch for a motivational poster this time next year.

Shaun, you Sir, are blind. May I call you Alex? eusa_think

Rocky we all know that Ennis is a great player and is a better hooker than PJ and Berro but he is a fark wit on the field and thats the bottom line. He brings a crap attitude to everything he does he needs to pull his head in and just play.

Wow, people are complaining about one of our forwards having a bit of mongrel in them this year? Come on guys, other then Thaiday in patches we have a soft pack alot of the time this year.

Webcke said:
Wow, people are complaining about one of our forwards having a bit of mongrel in them this year? Come on guys, other then Thaiday in patches we have a soft pack alot of the time this year.

Ennis doesn't have mongrel in him Sims does, Ennis is a pest who just sledges sides and gives away stupid penalties.

Webcke said:

Webcke, Shane Webcke had mongrel, Ennis has a bad attitude. The worst thing is I don't think he knows the difference.

I'd take berro over ennis IN A HEARTBEAT! Let's not forget he played at australia for hooker(and a lot of minutes he played that is) even though cam smith is an 80 minute player, also lets not forget he benched cam smith for the 2nd game of the tri nations, I'd like to see ennis get the NSW 9 let alone the AUS no.9.

Berro is a better player FULLSTOP.

Game Plan and stick to it.

Off loads, running support, hunger to win, crunching defence for 80 minutes. Off loads, running support, hunger to win crunching defence for 80 minutes.. Off loads, running support, hunger to win crunching defence for 80 minutes.

This is not a proposition from Einstein - it's basic football.

And WTF are we talking about Berrigan for. He's gorne, and we have Ennis. So let the coaching staff work on HIM, apart from the rest of the team.

The Rock said:
Ennis may give some stupid penalties but those sort of things can be worked on.

At the end the day, Ennis is an outstanding player who has proven how much skill and talent he has. AND not to mention how much of a threat he poses when he's inside the opposing 20 - if he's not nearly scoring a try out of dummy half he's setting one up. I thought his kicking game last night was fantastic and a massive improvement on previous weeks too.

Sorry Hammo, but Berrigan was nothing but a utility player. Hooker? Pffft! The bloke lacks skill and vision, he couldn't organise a root in a brothel. The only reason why we were so successful with him at hooker in 06 was because our forwards were so damaging and knew their role inside out that Berrigan didn't have to do a whole lot of thinking.

Now, we have a hooker who needs to create opportunities and actually get the forwards going and people complain because they don't like his um attitude then. Ok. If you think PJ Marsh is going to do a better job next year then all I have to say is...

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

When were the Broncos in their best form? Beginning of the year? With Ennis injured and Marsh at hooker. I'm confident we will be better of without Ennis next year.

My line up for the Sharks would be

1 - Hunt
2 - Kemp
3 - Moon
4 - Hodges
5 - Boyd
6 - Lockyer
7 - Wallace
8 - Thaiday
9 - Marsh
10 - Clinton
11 - Parker ( with a warning he could be gone next )
12 - Eastwood
13 - Carroll

14 - Taylor
15 - Manihera
16 - Kenny
17 - Sims

Bennetts line up will probably look like

1 - Hunt
2 - Kemp
3 - Boyd
4 - Hodges
5 - Robinson
6 - Lockyer
7 - Wallace
8 - Hannant
9 - Ennis
10 - Sims
11 - Thaiday
12 - Stagg
13 - Carroll

14 - Kenny
15 - Perry
16 - Ah Mau
17 - Eastwood

I'd take barry berrigan over Ennis TBH. I was so annoyed when he retired.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.