Broncos vs Souths Game Thread (Teams Announced)

Yeah, I thought Gould was great all year besides tonight. They all seemed to want Souths to win, it was just so plainly obvious. So much for neutral commentators...

Yeah they did seem to get behind Souths, but at the same time I think they have a duty to "talk the game up" a bit so that viewers don't switch off.

666 said:
Hammo said:
Broncos were above average in the first half, average in the second.

Souths were just terrible all game.

Let us hope these injuries aren't too demanding.Hodges looks like a torn pec muscle

not having x ray vision myself i wont make a call on hodges.

on the game, had we not had so many injury reshuffles during the game we would have looked much better. our backline changed half a dozen times due to injuries including just before the game

insert a ? after the words, "torn pec muscle" _woohoo_

Hammo said:
I don't feel sorry for Souths. I have been preaching for years that they don't deserve their spot in the comp. This season is starting to show the same trait as so many of their previous seasons.

OK, last year they made the 8....barely. However, other than that brief glimpse, they continue to dissappoint. How long will the NRL flog this dead horse? If the NRL a floated company, the Souths brand would have been sold off long ago.

That's pretty poor form, Souths deserve to be in the comp just as much as anyone else. They didn't recruit very well in the off season and its showing.

Hammo said:
666 said:
Hammo said:
Broncos were above average in the first half, average in the second.

Souths were just terrible all game.

Let us hope these injuries aren't too demanding.Hodges looks like a torn pec muscle

not having x ray vision myself i wont make a call on hodges.

on the game, had we not had so many injury reshuffles during the game we would have looked much better. our backline changed half a dozen times due to injuries including just before the game

insert a ? after the words, "torn pec muscle" _woohoo_

considering he went down on his shoulder, and when shown in the change rooms at half time he had the trainer looking more at his shoulder than his pec

renouf said:
Hammo said:
I don't feel sorry for Souths. I have been preaching for years that they don't deserve their spot in the comp. This season is starting to show the same trait as so many of their previous seasons.

OK, last year they made the 8....barely. However, other than that brief glimpse, they continue to dissappoint. How long will the NRL flog this dead horse? If the NRL a floated company, the Souths brand would have been sold off long ago.

That's pretty poor form, Souths deserve to be in the comp just as much as anyone else. They didn't recruit very well in the off season and its showing.

In which off season??? Was it 2002, 03, 04, 05, 06 or 08????? Not to mention all the seasons prior to 99.

One team in the Eastern suburbs, expand the game.

Dude, they obviously do that for the ratings not so much cause they want souths to win, I'll put it to you two different ways.

1.All people including the commentators saying Souths have no chance they will get thrashed = alot of people will get bored and say stuff this

2. Souths might pull of an upset and there better than what there ladder positions is and blah blah they could catch broncos off guard etc = wow, I want to watch this.

They only say it for ratings tbh. HTH

Pretty good game from us tonight! I was a little worried towards the end though with so many guys going down with injuries. Thought souths were a chance of sneaking the win. [icon_shady

I think we can pretty much say that "Scuba" Steve has played his last game for the year, due to a suspected ACL rupture.

Heres to hoping that these guys are ok (fairly long list from one game!):

Lockyer
Hodges
Boyd
Carroll
Thaiday
Boyd
Wallace (he didnt go down as such but copped a few heavy knocks)

All of those seem to be our form players too, so we need them to not be seriously injured otherwise we may be in a bit of trouble in the coming weeks! [icon_pray. [icon_pray.

you must be really worried about Boyd, you mentioned him twice in your list :P

heres to hoping... bring on the tigers...9:30 on channel 9 :D late start

I'm very very concerned with the state of this forum. I've skimmed through this thread and the overwhelming positivity is alarming.

Particularly considering the Broncos went to sleep for 20 minutes in the second half and actually invited Souths back into the contest at 26-18 with 6 minutes to go.

I expected far more negativity.

Lift your game BHQ! [icon_razz1 [icon_lol1.

broncospwn said:
Dude, they obviously do that for the ratings not so much cause they want souths to win, I'll put it to you two different ways.

1.All people including the commentators saying Souths have no chance they will get thrashed = alot of people will get bored and say stuff this

2. Souths might pull of an upset and there better than what there ladder positions is and blah blah they could catch broncos off guard etc = wow, I want to watch this.

They only say it for ratings tbh. HTH
yep, everyone wants souths to win too....i find myself wishing souths would just win a bloody game, it's embarrassing to watch. the only time this year i haven't wanted souths to win was friday night.

they just need a decent halfback and they can win one.

Once Wing comes back im sure they will get a little more structre to their attack. Rogers isn't too bad. I have no problem with him playing 5/8. He set up the bunnies last try with a great ball.

Coxy said:
I'm very very concerned with the state of this forum. I've skimmed through this thread and the overwhelming positivity is alarming.

Particularly considering the Broncos went to sleep for 20 minutes in the second half and actually invited Souths back into the contest at 26-18 with 6 minutes to go.

It's probably because we have been winning games and being competitive without Darren Lockyer and other key players instead of the usual fall in a heap and there goes our season mode we are used to. [icon_ee

GCBRONCO said:
Coxy said:

It's probably because we have been winning games and being competitive without Darren Lockyer and other key players instead of the usual fall in a heap and there goes our season mode we are used to. [icon_ee

What was it that the oracle Gould said - "the Broncos have re-invented themselves".

More mobile forwards - Wallace providing much needed organisation and structure (taking a huge load off Locky), and Ennis being the hooker we haven't had for so many years.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.